Wikiposts

Student visa and the new changes...

Old Mar 16th 2009, 12:53 pm
Cad and bounder

perksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Student visa and the new changes...

Just wondering if any of the agents that post on here could shed any light on how the new changes will affect the student visa. More specifically for those already in Australia studying one of the trades that have been removed from the CSL.

Thanks
Old Mar 16th 2009, 9:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Streaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Student visa and the new changes...

Originally Posted by perksy
Just wondering if any of the agents that post on here could shed any light on how the new changes will affect the student visa. More specifically for those already in Australia studying one of the trades that have been removed from the CSL.

Thanks
sorry to jump on board perksy but I would be interested in any replies to this also.
Old Mar 16th 2009, 9:55 pm
Cad and bounder

perksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Streaks
sorry to jump on board perksy but I would be interested in any replies to this also.
No problem,I've been trying to contact my agent all day but so far drawn a blank. Hopefully I'll hear something soon and I can update. If anyone else reading else though can provide any information then feel free to post.
Old Mar 18th 2009, 10:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Streaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by perksy
No problem,I've been trying to contact my agent all day but so far drawn a blank. Hopefully I'll hear something soon and I can update. If anyone else reading else though can provide any information then feel free to post.
Any news yet Perksy?
Old Mar 21st 2009, 1:26 am
Forum Regular

bradburns2 is on a distinguished road

We also want to know this.
Old Mar 21st 2009, 1:55 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

We had an immigration person come in to talk at our TAFE this week. She said the changes will have no effect, other than applications who are not on the CSL list taking longer to process. Didn't mean a thing to us as our occupation was not on that list or the MODL list anyway. She seemed very keen to convince us to apply for state sponsored saying how much quicker that would be.

We did ask what would happen if our occupation was taken off the SOL but she seemed under the impression that is was very unlikely any more than normal would come off, or go on.
She also said immigration are in contact with whoever it is who changes who they want coming in and they do point out to them there are people on student visas already living and happy here.

Can't say she really reasured me.
Old Mar 21st 2009, 10:41 am
BE Enthusiast

mandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of light

Everyone is panicking on hubbies course, they also had a rep in this week. . . .doesn't affect anything other that the processing times. The CSL list was only brought in to prioritise visa's and get them out quicker to the people with skills that are needed.

Quickest visa's to get at the moment are employer sponsored, then state sponsored, CSL, MODL, family. . .not sure if non-MODL is before or after family?

If you want a 'quick' visa then it needs to be an employer or state sponsored. . otherwise you will have a long wait on a bridging visa. . .

Good luck
Mandy