Student Visa - Medicals

Old Sep 26th 2007, 8:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

mandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Student Visa - Medicals

Yeah woulda considered doing that too if we'd known before hand, even if it was to stop me obsessively checking e-mails every morning!

Please be tomorrow, It'l be 4 weeks on friday since it was lodged!!

Cheers
Mandy
Old Sep 26th 2007, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

werty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nice

Originally Posted by mandyp
Yeah woulda considered doing that too if we'd known before hand, even if it was to stop me obsessively checking e-mails every morning!

Please be tomorrow, It'l be 4 weeks on friday since it was lodged!!

Cheers
Mandy
Is it 4 weeks since you applied for the visa? Im a little worried now as our flights are already booked for oz early dec, e still need to get meds done and then apply for visa! will we have enough time or be best of waiting till we in oz?

thanks
Old Sep 27th 2007, 7:52 am
BE Enthusiast

mandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by werty1
Is it 4 weeks since you applied for the visa? Im a little worried now as our flights are already booked for oz early dec, e still need to get meds done and then apply for visa! will we have enough time or be best of waiting till we in oz?

thanks
Yeah delayed cause the doc didn't tick a box for the x-ray on form so had to be refered to Sydney and the delays are 8 weeks ish there!!!

Don't know bout any delays in London though, it's supposed to be 5 - 10 working days if it gets processed there.

No idea bout getting it done in Oz, only read bout it being a same day visa, not sure if medicals are bout the same cheaper / dearer, or anything else involved.

Cheers
Mandy
Old Sep 27th 2007, 8:27 am
Forum Regular

Carlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to all

Worrying about these timescales... I think the key thing is to organise the meds and xrays as close to the date you lodge the visa, assuming this is done online. We plan to lodge our visa online on the 5th Oct and then arrange meds/xrays 8/9th Oct, which hopefully will arrive via post at london a few days later or that's the plan.

The only thing I'm not sure about is what other requirements are there, I assume birth certs/passports etc, as I understand a checklist is produced at the end of the online process, is this correct. If anyone has a copy of the checklist they could email me ahead of our online lodgement it would be appreciated so I can gather the documents together.

Good luck with everyone plans, it would be great to hear from you all as things change.
Cheers
Sarah & Russell
Old Sep 27th 2007, 8:56 am
Forum Regular

boobear will become famous soon enoughboobear will become famous soon enough

Hi ya,

If you go on the DIAC site and look at student visas there is a checklist on there before you lodge. I looked the other day and found that because my oh was married before we needed a certified cope of the divorce decree.

Caroline
Old Sep 27th 2007, 10:01 am
Forum Regular

Brockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant future

Got my confirmation of Enrolment number this morning guys

Any advice on what to do next since I am reading so much information on this Im feeling

Hi Sarah and Russell well done on the house and Sean did we speak at some point through the year already about studying at Nambour?? We have changed from starting in Feb to June few teething problems......
Old Sep 27th 2007, 11:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Here is the list of what you need Sarah and Russell,

Passport of all travelling
Marriage cert or proof of co-habiting i.e. bills in both names
Birth certs of all travelling
Cert of Enrolment
Medical reports ( they are sent direct by the doc)
evidentce of school registration for dependant children
4 x passport photos for each travelling
Proof of English ability - 5 years study
Declaration of funds ( short sentence to say you have x £, there's a calculator on website that works out how much they expect you to have)

Hi Brockies,

Get on the website, www.immi.gov.au/students

gather up all the documentation arrange your meds, then fill in the visa application. You're in Glasgow? Its the Nuffield for the x-rays and Dr Bryden in george squ thats closest, just make sure she fills in the form right!!!

Cheers all
Mandy
Old Sep 27th 2007, 11:33 am
Forum Regular

Brockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant future

Thanks so much I dont feel on top form today
Old Sep 27th 2007, 11:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Brockies
Thanks so much I dont feel on top form today
Some days you just feel like crap don't you?!!! Think it's just through the need to be out there ASAP and get the whole new life under way!!

I really need to get back into gym mode. Was going loads in obsessive mode actually, but feeling great, fit n toned, eating really well and full a beans, it's all gone a bit pete tong over the last coupla weeks!!!

If you need the phone numbers and addresses just let me know.

Cheers
Mandy

P.S. just re-read that you've changed your dates!! Will you not need to re-apply in a few months time? Remember also that you need to apply about 4 months before the course starts too. No wonder you feel like crap if you've had to put all on hold just now!!

Sent you some Karma, dunno what that does or means but hope all is well!!!

Last edited by mandyp; Sep 27th 2007 at 11:59 am.
Old Sep 27th 2007, 12:06 pm
Forum Regular

werty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nice

Damn do I actually need to declare and prove we have x amount in the bank? We have enough to pay for course in full and a few grand to start us off, we will be living with family rent free till and will be looking for jobs straight away.
My kids are below school age so no school fees to pay.
Old Sep 27th 2007, 12:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by werty1
Damn do I actually need to declare and prove we have x amount in the bank? We have enough to pay for course in full and a few grand to start us off, we will be living with family rent free till and will be looking for jobs straight away.
My kids are below school age so no school fees to pay.
It's just a letter of decleration as opposed to actual proof of what you have in the bank. If you have children under school age till after the course finishes, I think it'l be the same as us. I'm sure the calculator said we would need to have bout £28000.

Cheers
Mandy
Old Sep 27th 2007, 12:22 pm
Forum Regular

Carlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to all

Thanks Mandy, its really appreciated.

Am I right in thinking you can't print off the medical forms or actually have the meds and xrays done until you've lodged the application, as these forms are only available to be printed during the process for online processing..

Do you actually send the passports to the london office and then once approved they return them duly stamped, is that right ???

Assuming you email and attach bert & Marriage certs to the London office, do they need to be certified or not.

Cheers again to everyone, loads of useful info on this thread, best I've seen for ages for students...

Keep smiling Brockies, I know how you are feeling, some days we are buzzing, next its oh my god and whats the next step to sort out, but bit by bit it does become clearer with great support from other expats.

Russell & Sarah
Old Sep 27th 2007, 12:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Carlton Cold's
Thanks Mandy, its really appreciated.

Am I right in thinking you can't print off the medical forms or actually have the meds and xrays done until you've lodged the application, as these forms are only available to be printed during the process for online processing..

Do you actually send the passports to the london office and then once approved they return them duly stamped, is that right ???

Assuming you email and attach bert & Marriage certs to the London office, do they need to be certified or not.

Cheers again to everyone, loads of useful info on this thread, best I've seen for ages for students...

Keep smiling Brockies, I know how you are feeling, some days we are buzzing, next its oh my god and whats the next step to sort out, but bit by bit it does become clearer with great support from other expats.

Russell & Sarah
Hiya yeah if not originals, they all need to be certified and yeah, your passport should be returned containing visa.

We had all the forms e-mailed to us by agent so was not done online so we arranged the meds as soon as we had the COE was in. Meds and x-ray done on the wed, we'd alredy partially completed all the visa application so we sent this off to agent on the Thur and he Lodged it on the Fri avo.

Cheers
Mandy
Old Sep 27th 2007, 12:53 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Mandy, it's getting clearer now...

Russ
Old Sep 27th 2007, 12:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

No worries,

Just wish i'd looked into doing it myself first!!!

Cheers
Mandy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.