Student Visa - Medicals

Old Sep 22nd 2007, 7:44 pm
Forum Regular

Brockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant future
Default Re: Student Visa - Medicals

Oh really Im taking my house contents got guys coming out this week coming to price it up!! And taking the dog I know it will be really hard on him but we all love him so much kids would be devasted if he never came he's about £2500 Have you managed to get a rental for going over if so how did you go about that?
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

werty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nice

can I just double check I have everything right?

My husband has been offered his place at college to study horticulture, providing he passes the course we then apply for another visa which lasts 18 months and in that time he needs to get at least 12 months work experience in his field of study, then we can apply for residency?

If im wrong any where please let me know, just we've had 2 offers on our house now and expecting another monday morning so worrying a bit about everything as its starting to seem real with selling house.

thanks
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 8:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

mandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of light

Hi werty1,

Yeah sounds like you got it right, as long as the course is 2 years (though a think they run 1year 9 months). I'm heading out to work just now, but al try put on the run down of diff visa's and time scales that the agent made up for us some time tomorrow.

Basically it's the timeline plan for getting PR then citizenship.

Cheers
Mandy
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 8:12 pm
Forum Regular

werty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nice

Originally Posted by mandyp
Hi werty1,

Yeah sounds like you got it right, as long as the course is 2 years (though a think they run 1year 9 months). I'm heading out to work just now, but al try put on the run down of diff visa's and time scales that the agent made up for us some time tomorrow.

Basically it's the timeline plan for getting PR then citizenship.

Cheers
Mandy
Thanks,
yes it is a 2 year course
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 8:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

mandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Brockies,

Yeah, it's pretty hard leaving Boston ( dog ) but he's also in his twilight years n to be honest we just couldnt' afford it, same goes for shipping costs. We really don't have anything of value anyway.

We'l book accomodation as soon as missives are signed

www.realestate.com.au/

Is a great sight, and has holiday rents too. We plan to rent one of these for bout 2 weeks and look for something longer term once there.

Cheers
Mandy
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 8:50 pm
Forum Regular

Brockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant future

Yeah we have been looking on the realestate website just wasnt sure how hard it was to get a rental set up when you are not in the country. I have heard stories about rentals that you need to go through a interview process with the owner first??

It is costing all of money to take all our belongings over but a lot of it is new and I dont think we would walk of better selling it all then buying new stuff thats why we are deciding to take it all. We are even thinking the car but I have heard that is expensive to do also.....
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 9:27 pm
Forum Regular

louise-ni will become famous soon enough

So glad someone started thread regarding student visa

Looks like this is the only way we are gonna get visa also. How did you guys start out? Is there a list of colleges that you can apply? Sorry for sounding dumb, its just we have only started researching this and its so daunting!

Thanks
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 9:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

It is only 900 hours of post course work experiance which you have to get, which you have 18 months to fit in. If you manage to find a full time job straight away then it should only take 25 weeks.

We are selling all the household contents, other than souvaneers etc which we will leave with family until we have PR (there is rather a lot to maybe have to ship back again). The dog is coming (had her microchip done a couple of weeks ago). Not much of our stuff is new, so we may as well just buy new once there. We got married at Easter so will buy things like cuttlery sets out of gift money.

We found the course we (well I) am doing through googling TAFE for the area we wanted to go to. Most of the TAFE sites seem to have international sections on their web site, but not all of the courses are suitable to get PR once finished.
I also e-mailed a fair few agents, but got differeing, if any info from them. Some just don't deal with student visas.

Werty1, where is your husband going to be studying? Assuming our house sale goes through that is what I will be studying in Adelaide.

Brockies, I would put your house up ASAP. Have a look at all the posts by people struggling to sell their houses. It has been 16 months since we put our house up and our buyer seems to be slowing right down. Hopefully that is all he is doing and not thinking of running off.

We would also like to leave before the first week in December when the flights go up, but it all depends on our buyer. We are considering offering him a discount if we complete before November, as we would still have to give a months notice at work, and I won't do that until we have signed.

I go through waves of being really excited, and then waves of 'what if house falls through again and we can't go'. I am not normally a stressed person, but house selling really is terrible!
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 2:04 am
Forum Regular

ibioble is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello all

I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction??
I'm getting a little confused regarding the 2 year study requirement (104 weeks on DIAC website) and the 900 hours work experience thing for getting PR.
Do you still need the 900 hours work experience if you meet the 2 year(104 weeks) study requirement?
My plans were to go as a skilled migrant, but since the TRA removed pathway D, that’s no longer an option so like many others I'm taking the study route.
I'm quiet flexible about what to study, but with all the info everywhere it's become a little overwhelming, so any ideas on the best courses for gaining PR would really be appreciated.
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 8:23 am
Forum Regular

Carlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to all

Hi all,

We are shipping our contents to Melbourne, or that's the plan, as we plan to contact a few companies next week.. Any ideas os suggestions welcomed, we are in hertfordshire....

Yes I agree it's so stressful and some days we are so excited and then the next when you think of the cost and the amount of things to sort out you start worrying.. Our house is on the market, but really we've only got 3 months left.. We decided that if the house doesn't sale or exchange in time, we'll leave it to the solicitor to finalise and maybe a family member regarding the keys etc.

As i understand, it's 2 yrs studying, then 900 hrs work experience before you can apply to the tra for assessment. Sarah is going to study patisserie which she's looking forward to and I haven't got a clue what I'm going to do with those restrictions for working and then taking the kids to school.

Try and remain positive guys, it will be amazing and after the initial couple of years it will 'hopefully' get easier.

Russ & Sarah
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 8:27 am
Forum Regular

louise-ni will become famous soon enough

Hi All

Am I right in saying that when on a student visa you have to pay for school fees for children? If this is correct have any of you any idea how much this would be approx?

Thanks

Louise
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 9:16 am
Forum Regular

Hi Louise

We went to a Emigration exhibition in Edinburgh and met a Lady called Riborg(very nice woman) who was from TAFE in Sunshine Coast Queensland. Our only option was to go study and she explained a few courses that I our my husband could go down originally I was going to sit my Accountancy Degree but this is a very costly 3 year course, she advised this wouldnt be the best plan of action. My husband in his younger days started a bricklaying course but never finished it and they are crying out for bricklayers in Oz which are also on the High Demand List (more points) when finished hopefully!!!!

To cut a long story short OH going to study in TAFE Nambour Sunshine Coast for 2 years in July 2008. We visited the place in the summer and they showed us around etc Keith (OH) met his tutor who seemed very nice he explained that it will be a hard task!!!

The School fees are $5000 each child per year I have 2 kids which I will have to pay for on top of study fees etc. Are you aware that you and your partner can only work 20 hours through semesters and full time in the holidays?

If you have any other questions PM me I will answer anything that I can for you!!

Lyndsay
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 9:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi everyone,

Quite a few of us in the same boat!!!

First point of search is what course and where as courses are limited for international students and it has to be at least a two year course.

We went through www.studyoptions.com a guy called Stefan. Really good, don't charge any fee (though am sure get a cut through the colledge fees?) and if you give him an idea of coures you are interested in and area you'd like to go to, he'l organise it all.

You can obviously go through any TAFE yourself, just google and contact them youselves.

Once you have your COE ( certificate of enrolement) you can apply for the visa. COE was e-mailed to us.

For visa info www.immi.gov.au/students/

This is the info our agent gave us for gaining PR status through student route.

From 1/9/07 regulations changed to 12 months work experience on completion of the course.

Once course is completed, these are the visa options.

Class UQ Subclass 497- graduate Skilled Visa. 6 month visa to enable us to apply for subclasses 495, 880, 881, 882.

There is also form 157p - permission to work - once the course has started it is possible to request permission to work more than 20 hours per week.

Another point, we are only using the student visa as a means to enter legally, our aim once there is to try to get a sponsored visa through work. But it will all just depend on how things go once we're over.

cheers all
Mandy
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 11:02 am
Forum Regular

ibioble is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the great info guys, it's eased my pain a little..lol

So if you have to do 12 months of work experience on the new regulations, does it matter if you do the full 104 weeks of study as stated at DIAC?

I've noticed that a lot of the TAFE courses are down as 2 years, but are actually only 72, 80, 90 weeks etc....

And

Just to clarify, the best plan is to try and get sponsored employment in your field at the end of the study period, or before if possible?

Good luck everyone, if we work for it I'm sure we'll all be sipping down a nice cold beer with the Barbie going to the side.
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 11:33 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

Could someone point me in the direction of anywhere where is says you now have to work for a year? I can't find it anywhere, and have only heared a couple of people on here who have been told it.
I read all the Sep 1st changes when they were anounced and there was nothing about it there and this is still on the government website: http://www.workplace.gov.au/workplac...I-900Hours.htm and on searching I can't see anything to say this has changed.

I have been in contact with 3 agents before 1st Sep, who all told me about the new 18 month visa, but all said this was so you could get the 900 hours in, no mention of a year.

If you have a search on the immigration website you will see that subclasses 495, 880, 881, 882 don't exist anymore.
You can only apply to work for 20 hours a week once the course has started, unless you are doing a degree.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.