British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Student Visa Living Costs and Evidence of Funds (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/student-visa-living-costs-evidence-funds-722529/)

JetBlast Jun 26th 2011 10:01 pm

Student Visa Living Costs and Evidence of Funds

Hi,

I am just looking at this regarding proof of funds in relation to student Visas.
http://www.immi.gov.au/students/stud...ving-costs.htm

Are these cost set in stone? Myself i have saved up nearly all of my fees for 3 years before u have even started. I have the ability to get a student loan for upto £10k and i will be staying with relatives. I dont think i will be needed to spend $18,000 AUD per yer.

From my circumstances do you personally think i will be ok?

pumpkin blossom Jun 27th 2011 12:53 am

Re: Student Visa Living Costs and Evidence of Funds

If you are from the uk they won't ask for proof.

pumpkin blossom Jun 27th 2011 12:57 am

Ps. I don't believe you will be able to get a student loan. You can't get an Aussie one as you dont have pr, and you can't get a uk one if you are not studying in the uk.

goldchoccycoin Jun 27th 2011 2:27 am

Agree with both of Pumpkinblossom's posts - you won't need proof - just a declaration that you have the resources to pay for the course and living costs. No student loan (not a government one anyway) they only pay for international courses when it's part of a 'study abroad' or exchange year.

Good luck.

JetBlast Jun 27th 2011 7:52 am

Originally Posted by pumpkin blossom (Post 9458816)
Ps. I don't believe you will be able to get a student loan. You can't get an Aussie one as you dont have pr, and you can't get a uk one if you are not studying in the uk.

Hi,

I can get a career development loan. Ths will let me pay for studies with partner institutions, the university i plan to attend is one. They will give me upto £10k and i dont pay any interest whilst i am studying.

Also a couple of relatives said they would help me out, but i would rather not.

If you are from the uk they won't ask for proof.
Well if thats the case i dont need to worry :)

Thanks

mrsgreenstar76 Jun 27th 2011 9:46 am

Originally Posted by JetBlast (Post 9459193)
Hi,

I can get a career development loan. Ths will let me pay for studies with partner institutions, the university i plan to attend is one. They will give me upto £10k and i dont pay any interest whilst i am studying.

Also a couple of relatives said they would help me out, but i would rather not.

Well if thats the case i dont need to worry :)

Thanks

Have you checked the T & Cs of the CDL? Unless your course includes a year of work experience, they won't cover 3 year courses.

A Professional and Career Development Loan can help to fund a wide range of courses lasting up to two years (or three years, if the course includes a year of work experience).
Unless your course is fairly unique to Australia (i.e. there isn't an equivalent in the EU), you can't use it for courses outside of the EU.

a course from a learning provider based outside the European Union (including the UK) - if an equivalent course is available within the EU
Unless you return to the UK/EU and are intending to work here, then you won't be eligible.

intending to work in the UK, the EU or the EEA when the course finishes
Here's some basic information on the CDL.

JetBlast Jun 27th 2011 5:32 pm

Have you checked the T & Cs of the CDL? Unless your course includes a year of work experience, they won't cover 3 year courses.
I will be using it to pay for part of one year (providing i do use this) I have spoke to them about it and its ok to do that.

Unless your course is fairly unique to Australia (i.e. there isn't an equivalent in the EU), you can't use it for courses outside of the EU.
I had a loan approved already for an IT course, but i put it off due to the exchange rate.

Unless you return to the UK/EU and are intending to work here, then you won't be eligible.
I do know :)

Thanks

GingerDom Feb 7th 2012 10:28 am

Originally Posted by JetBlast (Post 9458660)
Hi,

I am just looking at this regarding proof of funds in relation to student Visas.
http://www.immi.gov.au/students/stud...ving-costs.htm

Are these cost set in stone? Myself i have saved up nearly all of my fees for 3 years before u have even started. I have the ability to get a student loan for upto £10k and i will be staying with relatives. I dont think i will be needed to spend $18,000 AUD per yer.

From my circumstances do you personally think i will be ok?

I too will be applying for a Student Visa later this year, what do you have to do to "declare that you have the finances to stay in Australia?"

Ok had a look at the costs in the link submitted above, but in terms of living arrangements, I will be staying with my sister. Do I need proof of this?

goldchoccycoin Feb 7th 2012 11:24 am

As a Level 1 Assessment country student (UK) you don't have to provide any proof. Just make a statement to the effect that you have the financial means to support yourself. You don't need to prove you will be staying with your sister either but you can of course include it as a note in your application if you wish.

Good luck.

GingerDom Feb 8th 2012 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by goldchoccycoin (Post 9888428)
As a Level 1 Assessment country student (UK) you don't have to provide any proof. Just make a statement to the effect that you have the financial means to support yourself. You don't need to prove you will be staying with your sister either but you can of course include it as a note in your application if you wish.

Good luck.

Thank you Gold :)

balkanghost Feb 8th 2012 4:18 pm

Financials are not such an issue for AL1 but on any application for student visa you must remember that you are applying for a temp visa as not only a genuine student, but also as a genuine temporary entrant with intention of returning home.......... Kafkaesque.....