Student visa granted after 175

Old Nov 5th 2008, 9:19 am
Just Joined

dawarsandeep is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Student visa granted after 175

Hey guys,

I got some interesting news for u....

It is if u have enough funds to apply for student visa of australia and go there while ur 175 is under process. You can study there and when ur 175 will be granted ur student visa will be converted in to PR visa...

Don't u think it is good than wasting time without doing anything or doing undesirable jobs in our own countries.

But there is also a problem that if ur student visa comes after ur 175 visa then ur 175 visa will be converted in to student visa...I think u guys understood wht i meant to say.
Old Nov 5th 2008, 10:09 am
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Student visa granted after 175

Hi, yes you can get a student visa while you wait for your 175. It is very important to let DIAC know your plans (upload a letter stating what you are planning to do and your travel dates to Australia) - if you don't then they could grant the 175 and then the student visa and you would lose the 175.

Be aware that you will be paying International fees until you get PR and you will have to leave Aus to get the 175 granted.
Old Nov 5th 2008, 2:35 pm
Just Joined

Hey Tking how r ya mite....

Thanks for giving further info....Will u please tell that from where we can find that form stating our further plans....is there any special form on DIAC site?

Please let me know because it may be possible that I will consider this option.

Ta...........
Old Nov 5th 2008, 10:18 pm
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute

There is no special form. I would suggest that you just write a letter and upload it. Make sure you put your intended dates of travel - if you're not sure yet then add the information as you find it out.

Good luck.
Old Nov 6th 2008, 11:54 am
Forum Regular

khokhar80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
Suppose if one student got his visa and went to Australia for study while his 175 visa is under process. If his 175 visa not approved and rejected does this affect upon his student visa while he is in Australia. Thanks
Old Nov 6th 2008, 1:21 pm
Just Joined

No it will not effect one's student visa....

thzz why it is good to consider......
Old Nov 6th 2008, 6:56 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dawarsandeep
Hey guys,

I got some interesting news for u....

It is if u have enough funds to apply for student visa of australia and go there while ur 175 is under process. You can study there and when ur 175 will be granted ur student visa will be converted in to PR visa...

Don't u think it is good than wasting time without doing anything or doing undesirable jobs in our own countries.

But there is also a problem that if ur student visa comes after ur 175 visa then ur 175 visa will be converted in to student visa...I think u guys understood wht i meant to say.
Dear Sandeep,

Yes many people arrive in Australia on student visas who should have first considered their eligibility under a general skilled migration visa, however given that the GSM visa will greatly reduce the costs of studying in Australia as TKing says, there are not many people who apply for GSM and then come to study on a student visa.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Nov 7th 2008, 10:43 am
Just Joined

Dear George,

Yes, You are absolutely right. But I think this option is very good for people who can afford the expenses of study and living...

I have done Masters in IT from deaking and had to come back to INDIA. But Now, I didn't get any job here and wasting my time from past one year...That is why i am thinking to apply for student visa. Beacuse in australia the job opportunities for IT people are huge specially for SAP-consultants.

And i don't think there is any harm to choose this option, wht u say.. And ultimately after my GSM will be grated i'll leave the course and start doing the full time job.

Please give urs kind opinions on that...