Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Student visa to ENS PR...Yipee we got it!!!!!

Student visa to ENS PR...Yipee we got it!!!!!

Old Mar 29th 2010, 11:23 am
Just Joined

argento is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Student visa to ENS PR...Yipee we got it!!!!!

Congratulations Carlton.

I'm trying to apply to the ENS 856. What exactly you writo for the 3 years post qualification exemption. I need that info i don't want to waste my money on the application. I would appreciate if you can shed some light how to claim that.
Thanks and enjoy you new life.

Argento
Old Mar 30th 2010, 4:16 am
Forum Regular

azakir is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Carlton Cold's
Thanks guys, its been a difficult route via the wonderful student visa restrictions!!!!!, and yesterday was a cracking day, just like our heads this morning..

We had assumed after the 572 we had to apply for the graduate visa and then more poxy school fees, job ready test etc, but managed to get PR via the ENS 856 using exceptional circumstances regarding the 3-yr work experience requirement.

Its been difficult as originally refused, actually over the last 3wks our ENS was rejected twice but appealed their decision, last week immigration also sent two inspectors to my employers to review our exceptional circumstance argument and then we heard the fantastic news yesterday it had been granted... yipeeee..

We wish you all so much luck and its a struggle but keep battling forward.
Congratulations!!
Old Mar 30th 2010, 5:33 am
Forum Regular

Carlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to all

To claim exceptional circumstances you have to prove that your employer cannot find anyone within Australia or outside with 3 or more years experience. In my case I had been trained by the head chef who was retiring and in preparation I worked along side him for 18 months so that I could take over his role. Also my employers have been in the process of expanding the business and had invested over $300,000 on new equipment from over sea's which I have been trained on.
It wasn't easy proving all of this but it came good in the end. As JaJ said to you in a previous post seek professional advise. I used a very good agent Stephen Dixon who may be able to tell you whether you have any chance at all. Unfortunately when the changes came out on the 8th Feb that's when changes came in for the ENS for people seeking exceptional circumstances, so do seek professional help to prevent you wasting alot of money.

Regards
Sarah
Old Mar 30th 2010, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

bradburns2 is on a distinguished road

Congratulations to you for making it to permanant residency, well done, hope you are all really happy.
Old Mar 31st 2010, 3:56 am
Forum Regular

Carlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to all

Thanks, hope it all comes good for you guys our fingers are crossed
Old Apr 1st 2010, 10:01 am
Forum Regular

bradburns2 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Carlton Cold's
Thanks, hope it all comes good for you guys our fingers are crossed
We're back in the UK now and have been since last year. Thanks anyway though. I just like to find out how everyone on this route is getting on. It wasn't for us, we didn't want to risk it all and hadn't properly thought it through!!!! Hope you continue to enjoy the aussie way of life and your permanant residency
Old Apr 12th 2010, 11:15 pm
Just Joined

gowild is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi & Congratulations!!
I am also thinking about using this route after my studies which finish in june.
Did you need a trade/Skills assessment done(TRA)/ Job Ready or is this not required for ENS?
I have been working for the same employer since the start of my course and what to know if i can be on ENS with my employer after my studies finish without having to do Job ready.

Regards
Gowild
Old Apr 13th 2010, 7:59 am
Forum Regular

Hi gowild

You would need to have a positive TRA assessment, I was lucky as mine was issued before the job ready came into play, if you don't have a TRA assessment pre Jan 2010 I believe you would have to do the test. Your best bet is to get in touch with a good migration agent we used Stephen Dickson from Migration Outcomes Australia he would be able to tell you whether you had a chance or not as the changes made on the 8th Feb have made it more complicated for students to go via this route.

All the best with your studies and I hope it works out for you.

Regards
Sarah
Old Apr 16th 2010, 2:10 pm
Just Joined

gowild is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for that.
I guess job ready is the only option forward for anyone who finishes in june/july.
Feeling disappointed that my 900hrs(1500 actually) were all for nothing!
Hopefully there will be something positive when new SOL list is out at the end of the month for everyone who is 3/4 the way through their course.