Student Visa to 457 to RSMS

Old Apr 3rd 2007, 2:47 am
Forum Regular

TracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really nice
Default Student Visa to 457 to RSMS

We arrived in Melbourne in Nov 2005 on my student visa. My husband starting working part time(20 hours per week restriction) at the beginning of Feb 06. Then his employer said he would sponsor him on a 457 which was then granted in June 06, so the whole family are now on his 457 which is a regional 457 as hubby is a truck driver. His employer really wants to sponsor him for PR via RSMS. I know that hubby has to have worked for him for 2 years (due to his occupation not being on SOL) before we van apply for RSMS. My question is..... Can the time he worked part time be included for the 2 years or would it be 2 years from when the 457 was issued? Also can anyone advise me how long onshore RSMS aplications are taking, we intend to front load meds and PCs.

Many thanks
Tracy
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 4:04 am
Forum Regular

KatieLilly has a reputation beyond reputeKatieLilly has a reputation beyond reputeKatieLilly has a reputation beyond reputeKatieLilly has a reputation beyond reputeKatieLilly has a reputation beyond reputeKatieLilly has a reputation beyond reputeKatieLilly has a reputation beyond reputeKatieLilly has a reputation beyond reputeKatieLilly has a reputation beyond reputeKatieLilly has a reputation beyond reputeKatieLilly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Student Visa to 457 to RSMS

Hi Tracey,

don't know about the onshore RSMS, but our offshore took last year not even 7 weeks from the date they received the application, also with PC and meds frontloaded.

Used to live in Berwick 8 years ago. How do you like it there ? We are hoping to come back to Melbourne next year (live in Outback QLD at the moment).

Can't help with your other question, sorry.

All the best

Katie
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 10:33 am
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TracyAnne
We arrived in Melbourne in Nov 2005 on my student visa. My husband starting working part time(20 hours per week restriction) at the beginning of Feb 06. Then his employer said he would sponsor him on a 457 which was then granted in June 06, so the whole family are now on his 457 which is a regional 457 as hubby is a truck driver. His employer really wants to sponsor him for PR via RSMS. I know that hubby has to have worked for him for 2 years (due to his occupation not being on SOL) before we van apply for RSMS. My question is..... Can the time he worked part time be included for the 2 years or would it be 2 years from when the 457 was issued? Also can anyone advise me how long onshore RSMS aplications are taking, we intend to front load meds and PCs.

Many thanks
Tracy
Should be full-time but, more important than that, must be as the holder of a 457 visa - so the 2 years starts from when he was granted the 457 and started working full-time.

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 11:34 am
Forum Regular

The Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by TracyAnne

Many thanks
Tracy
Hiya
We were granted our RSMS visa yoday, it took 5 months from acknowledgment, we were on a 457..
Good luck
Sue
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 11:43 am
Forum Regular

yes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to all

what work do you do?
that visa must suit certain types of job rather than others
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 11:52 am
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yes of course
what work do you do?
that visa must suit certain types of job rather than others
He is Truck Driver was my understanding - RSMS allows for sponsorship of occupation in Groups 5 to 7 of ASCO, where there are severe regional shortages - Truck Driver being ASCO 7311

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 12:49 pm
Forum Regular

yes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to all

Originally Posted by welshtony
He is Truck Driver was my understanding - RSMS allows for sponsorship of occupation in Groups 5 to 7 of ASCO, where there are severe regional shortages - Truck Driver being ASCO 7311

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896
i can do that!
where do i sign up
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 1:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by yes of course
i can do that!
where do i sign up
Sure you can yosser
Old Apr 18th 2007, 5:12 pm
Forum Regular

suchngkan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Katie

Regarding the RSMS visa, do you know if the DIAC calls all the employers to check if the document you submitted is authenticate? I have some problem with this, as my supervisor is currently just doing part time and may not be in his office most of the time (he is the one who certified my evidence for employment) but he can be contacted through email though.

suchngkan