Wikiposts

student online visa applicants

Old Oct 22nd 2007, 1:04 am
Forum Regular

southern-stars will become famous soon enough
Default student online visa applicants

hiya,

well we have anxiously waited until 124 days before the start of my course and we are now about to lodge our online application on weds. I am really keen to hear from others who are going through this particular application process, or who have recently done it and can give advice! Did anyone else have to wait this time before being able to apply and did your coe no. work on the correct day, at the moment if i try and do it, it says that i'm outside the 124 day limit.

We have a buyer for our house,everything is ready to launch, and are just dying to know if our visa is going to be granted without problem, we are concerned that someone will decide that we can't afford it as we have 4 kids.

Help, support, advice, encouragement desperately sought!!

We are going to Tassie and I am doing a degree in nursing with target being permanent residency.

Julie and Lee
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 2:01 am
Forum Regular

werty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nice
Default Re: student online visa applicants

Originally Posted by southern-stars
hiya,

well we have anxiously waited until 124 days before the start of my course and we are now about to lodge our online application on weds. I am really keen to hear from others who are going through this particular application process, or who have recently done it and can give advice! Did anyone else have to wait this time before being able to apply and did your coe no. work on the correct day, at the moment if i try and do it, it says that i'm outside the 124 day limit.

We have a buyer for our house,everything is ready to launch, and are just dying to know if our visa is going to be granted without problem, we are concerned that someone will decide that we can't afford it as we have 4 kids.

Help, support, advice, encouragement desperately sought!!

We are going to Tassie and I am doing a degree in nursing with target being permanent residency.

Julie and Lee

Hiya

We are going to apply any day now as soon as my kids passports come back! We have 2 kids aged 3 & 4.
How old are you kids?

Good Luck
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 2:15 am
Lifestyle Development

balkanghost is a jewel in the roughbalkanghost is a jewel in the roughbalkanghost is a jewel in the roughbalkanghost is a jewel in the rough

Hello there, we have helped various British study candidates and re. online visa...relax! Some people would have prospective study candidates believe that the visa is difficult to obtain, it is not, but getting a study place in occupations such as trades can be difficult, with limited avilability.

Your CoE reserves your place and although there is the visa requirement to have sufficient funds for living costs and further fees, DIAC do not ask AL1 candidates for evidence, normally.

Study visa applications as such do not get rejected by DIAC, even AL2 and 3, if there is an issue they merely request further information.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 4:12 am
Forum Regular

wow, that is very reassuring, thankyou balkinghost for that positive note.

julie
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 4:14 am
Forum Regular

werty1, thanks for reply, my kids are two boys, 8 and 6 and two girls 4 and 19 months. We are so excited and nervous, where are you headed and what do you plan to study?

Julie
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 6:27 am
Forum Regular

werty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nice

Originally Posted by southern-stars
werty1, thanks for reply, my kids are two boys, 8 and 6 and two girls 4 and 19 months. We are so excited and nervous, where are you headed and what do you plan to study?

Julie
We are heading to perth and my husband will be doing the studying! he's doing horticulture! We are getting really excited now too. House sale is going through nicely so far and we have started de-cluttering and selling off bits.
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 7:06 am
Forum Regular

hiya, yep I reckon we would have gone for WA as our next choice after tassie, beautiful weather. We have started getting rid of stuff, but I can't quite bring myself to sell some things yet I keep thinking that maybe for some reason we won't get our visa! As soon as we get it I'll ransack the house! Are you shipping anything out or are you starting from scratch out there? we can't decide waiting for some quotes to come through.
julie
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 7:44 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

I have been holding right back on selling things. This time last year I had a sponsor lined up in Sydney, but that fell through. Only after we had sold one of our cars, and other half had homes for just about all of our furnature.
We have got by with just one car since as the first job had been so easy to get we thought we would be out there in no time. Obviously not.
Also, our house sale has fallen through twice, so until the contract is signed I can't let myself get too excited (very hard). We had to have extra surveys which wern't wonderful (about £3ks worth of work needs doing). They have been sent off to the mortgage company and now we are just waiting to hear back as to if they will be happy to go ahead, and of course the rehaggeling.

We are planning on buying everything new, well second hand mostly when we get there. Trading post is a great website. But then there are only two of us, and most of our stuff isn't new, and wasn't top range in the first place.

The dog is now booked on a flight, and her place is booked for quarenteen. Our new passports came back today, so now I have to get my offer of a place changed into my married name and then we will be ready for applying for the visa and meds. AHHHHHHH

Good luck
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 8:36 am
Forum Regular

do any of you guys know what you do about photos for the online application, cos we had 4 of each of us done a few months back but I can't obviously attach them to an online application, do i scan them in or should I be taking them again in a digital format, duh?!?!
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 9:40 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

I was wondering that too.