IT Student in England needing help

Old Feb 15th 2001, 8:33 pm
Shaun James OCallaghan

how would i go about finding work/residency whether permanent on tempoary in australia?

i'm currently at university studying IT, i'm studying HND at the moment and am only
18 years old, I'd love to get over there though for however long, can ANYONE give
me ANY tips?

thanks

Old Feb 16th 2001, 10:50 am
George Lombard

Hi Shaun,

A working holiday visa would be just the shot. Contact Australia House in London or visit
their website; if, after a year, you like the place, you can explore various options.

Cheers

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au Shaun James O'Callaghan
>how would i go about finding work/residency whether permanent on tempoary
in
>australia?
>
>i'm currently at university studying IT, i'm studying HND at the moment and am only
>18 years old, I'd love to get over there though for however long, can ANYONE give me
>ANY tips?
>
>thanks

Old Feb 16th 2001, 9:36 pm
Shaun James OCallaghan

i'm not at degree level yet however, in 2002 i will be at higher national diploma level.

if i find somewhere for a year, will that go well with applying for residency and can i
apply to stay longer if not ?

Shaun

"George Lombard" <[email protected]>
> >how would i go about finding work/residency whether permanent on tempoary
> in
> >australia?
> >
> >i'm currently at university studying IT, i'm studying HND at the moment
and
> >am only 18 years old, I'd love to get over there though for however long, can ANYONE
> >give me ANY tips?
> >
> >thanks
> >
> >

Old Feb 17th 2001, 9:33 pm
JAJ

If you get 6 months of experience in a skilled occupation in Australia in the 4 years
before applying for PR,

You should bear in mind that the restrictions on the sort of work you can do on a WHV may
make it harder to get that sort of experience when you are there.

When you get a WHV you are expected to leave Australia at the end. Some people on WHVs do
stay on legally - often because they have met an Australian and want to get married - and
this is possible as long as you can show to DIMA that your intention to stay arose after
arriving in Australia (and not before). Most people on WHVs who want to stay will find it
easier to return to their home countries and apply for PR from there, however.

Jeremy

>i'm not at degree level yet however, in 2002 i will be at higher national diploma level.
>
>if i find somewhere for a year, will that go well with applying for residency and can i
>apply to stay longer if not ?
>
>Shaun
>
>

>> Hi Shaun,
>>
>> A working holiday visa would be just the shot. Contact Australia House in London or
>> visit their website; if, after a year, you like the place, you
>can
>> explore various options.