Stuck in IELTS

Old Feb 6th 2011, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

chapstar is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Stuck in IELTS

Received L6, S6, W6 R5.5 Overall: 6 Is it satisfing the requirement for GSM176 please ?

Any work around?
Old Feb 6th 2011, 8:34 am

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stuck in IELTS

Originally Posted by chapstar
Received L6, S6, W6 R5.5 Overall: 6 Is it satisfing the requirement for GSM176 please ?

Any work around?
If you are not a holder of an eligible passport (e.g. UK, etc.) then the answers are no and no.
Old Feb 6th 2011, 8:37 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by newjersey
If you are not a holder of an eligible passport (e.g. UK, etc.) then the answers are no and no.
Thanks for quick reply.

I hate repeating of exam just because of 1 READING.
IELTS = sux
Old Feb 6th 2011, 9:09 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for quick reply.

IELTS = sux
That's why you didn't do so well. Sux? It's not in my Webster's.
Old Feb 6th 2011, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

shooterspalace is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for quick reply.

IELTS = sux
Chapstar,

Don't be frustrated. Try hard once again. I have individual 6 score but now next big challenge is for me is individual score 7. I am trying to re-gain my energy again for next rules -July'2011.
Old Feb 6th 2011, 12:43 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by shooterspalace
Chapstar,

Don't be frustrated. Try hard once again. I have individual 6 score but now next big challenge is for me is individual score 7. I am trying to re-gain my energy again for next rules -July'2011.
Thats a nice message "Encouragement"

Will definately sit again on Mar, Good luck to you too.
Old Feb 7th 2011, 7:32 am
Forum Regular

fiden is an unknown quantity at this point

dont dis-appoint i was also in the same situation...but finally i got 6 in each.
Old Feb 7th 2011, 7:42 am
Forum Regular

mirob is an unknown quantity at this point

Thats a nice message "Encouragement"

Will definately sit again on Mar, Good luck to you too.
Hey man, thumbs up. You'll do it next time.

I did IELTS four times. I needed 7

first: 8, 8, 7, 6.5
second: 8.5, 8, 8, 6.5
third: 8, 8, 6.5, 7
fourth: 8, 7, 7.5, 7.5

We can agree I was quite unlucky but I did it eventually!
Old Feb 7th 2011, 2:23 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Mirob and Fiden, Such messages just add value to motivation.

My view is that IELT should take this into consideration that, Anyone who has less marked in one test should be allowed to choose that particular exam for re-test only instead of impose the whole 4 models of exam.

You guys including my self is real example been wasting money just to improve score in one particular model. This system should be changed.
Old Feb 7th 2011, 2:46 pm
Just Joined

Ahmed_2010 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I was also tried 3 times.. in first 2 attempts i was short in reading 5 than 5.5 and finally got 6 in all and above.

And try to give test in different weeks of month.. i found the last test of the month was always easy in reading.. and same experience i was shared with my friends.. and they got successfully achieved...... may not applicable every where...
Old Feb 8th 2011, 9:59 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Mirob and Fiden, Such messages just add value to motivation.

My view is that IELT should take this into consideration that, Anyone who has less marked in one test should be allowed to choose that particular exam for re-test only instead of impose the whole 4 models of exam.

You guys including my self is real example been wasting money just to improve score in one particular model. This system should be changed.
Wasting money? Do you want to apply for a visa to Australia or not? Australia require a certain level of competence in the English language, if you don't reach the required competency then you have to practice more and take the test again. Also be aware IELTS do not set the levels, they are merely the organisation used by many nations to create a level playing field. DIAC set the levels they want reached.

If you do enough practice and testing you should reach a higher standard PRIOR to taking the test. What I find a lot of foreign language applications doing is deciding for themselves that they are competent in English, taking the test and then complaining that IELTS have marked them low. (Not assuming any of you have done this but many others have). A visa grant is not a right, nor is a 7+ mark from IELTS.
Old Feb 9th 2011, 3:42 am
Forum Regular

Nile is an unknown quantity at this point

Guyss.I am plannin to write IELTs,and new to this forum...So My understnding is if you are from non english speaking country then IELTS is must and need a score each 6..if I am wrong please comment.
Old Feb 9th 2011, 3:48 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

If you're going for a skilled visa, I believe you need a minimum of 7 across the board.
Old Feb 9th 2011, 3:50 am
Forum Regular

mirob is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
If you're going for a skilled visa, I believe you need a minimum of 7 across the board.
6 is the minimum, 7 gives you more points.
Old Feb 9th 2011, 3:54 am
Forum Regular

Nile is an unknown quantity at this point

Which Ielts i shlld write acadamics or General... I am applying for Permanent Residentship...

Yes ist skilled migration,so I guess 6 is the minimum so will be and added advantage right...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.