Wikiposts

Stni Sa - Can You Work In Another State

Old Sep 26th 2005, 9:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

mickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud of
Default Stni Sa - Can You Work In Another State

Hi All

As the title implies if I were to go to South Australia on a STNI visa and were unable to get a job in my field of work, am I within the first 2 years free to take up a job offer in another state in the profession that my code applies to

Cheers

Mick
Old Sep 26th 2005, 10:30 pm
Jimtames

Default Re: Stni Sa - Can You Work In Another State

No, it's the other way round - you have to live and work in the
sponsoring state, under any occupation you fancy.

Old Sep 26th 2005, 11:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

mickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud of

Thanks

QUOTE=Jimtames]No, it's the other way round - you have to live and work in the
sponsoring state, under any occupation you fancy.[/QUOTE]
Old Sep 27th 2005, 1:10 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mickagnew
Thanks

QUOTE=Jimtames]No, it's the other way round - you have to live and work in the
sponsoring state, under any occupation you fancy.
[/QUOTE]

Hi Mick,

With due respect to Tim, who's right about the moral obligation of an STNI visa, if the situation arose where you had a job offer somewhere else and weren't cutting it in the sponsoring state, you'd want to talk to a migration agent at that time.

Cheers,

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au
Old Oct 11th 2005, 2:24 pm
bru
Forum Regular

bru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by George Lombard

Hi Mick,

With due respect to Tim, who's right about the moral obligation of an STNI visa, if the situation arose where you had a job offer somewhere else and weren't cutting it in the sponsoring state, you'd want to talk to a migration agent at that time.

Cheers,

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au

Is it possible to change the sponsor state after getting the STNI 137 visa?

For example, if I have STNI sponsorship letters from WA and SA both and migrated on a 137 visa to SA, is it possible to change the sponsorship to WA before the expiry date of the STNI nomination letter received from WA?

Also I have read some people changing states after getting a PR on a STNI 137 VISA. How will this effect?
Can they deport you or cancel the PR?
Will it effect to the RRV visa?

Thanks