Wikiposts

STNI - Melbourne application question

Old Jun 14th 2004, 12:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Sandy.l is on a distinguished road
Default STNI - Melbourne application question

Hi

I have noticed that the Victorian Government have recently updated their website - www.liveinvictoria.vic.gov.au. On the earlier version, it was possible to apply on line and attach a CV for possible nomination under the STNI category. Does anyone know if it is still possible to apply online, or does it have to go snail-mail?

I've been looking through it for ages and I can not find a link for application, only a 'Contact Us' form. Are we supposed to use this? I have downloaded the application form already, just need to know how to send it.

Anyone know?

Sandy.l
Old Jun 14th 2004, 6:19 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: STNI - Melbourne application question

Originally posted by Sandy.l
Hi

I have noticed that the Victorian Government have recently updated their website - www.liveinvictoria.vic.gov.au. On the earlier version, it was possible to apply on line and attach a CV for possible nomination under the STNI category. Does anyone know if it is still possible to apply online, or does it have to go snail-mail?

I've been looking through it for ages and I can not find a link for application, only a 'Contact Us' form. Are we supposed to use this? I have downloaded the application form already, just need to know how to send it.

Anyone know?

Sandy.l
They've certainly hidden it well on the new site
Go to the home page, click on Forms and Fact Sheets (at the top) then sheet 5. At the bottom of the page it tells you how to contact them for STNI.
Good luck!
Old Jun 14th 2004, 2:04 pm

Prince1975 is a jewel in the roughPrince1975 is a jewel in the roughPrince1975 is a jewel in the roughPrince1975 is a jewel in the roughPrince1975 is a jewel in the rough

Hi

Anyone know?

Sandy.l
Hi,
Send an email to them, they will respond very fast to you,
Old Jun 15th 2004, 12:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks guys for the replies.

I did print off Form 5, unfortunately although it lists the contact details in the footer, it stilll doesn't say whether or not you can apply online with attachments as you could on the earlier version of the website.

Anyway, I've contacted the SMU for more information. If I get a reply I'll let you know as the answer may help someone else who wants to apply.

Thanks again!

Sandy
Old Jun 15th 2004, 1:04 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys for the replies.

I did print off Form 5, unfortunately although it lists the contact details in the footer, it stilll doesn't say whether or not you can apply online with attachments as you could on the earlier version of the website.

Anyway, I've contacted the SMU for more information. If I get a reply I'll let you know as the answer may help someone else who wants to apply.

Thanks again!

Sandy
Hi Sandy,

I had an amusing chat with them about this last week. Obviously the website is still a beta version but they're hoping to have debugged it in time for the wave of SIR enquiries they're expecting after 1 July. So all feedback is being gratefully received at the moment.

Cheers,

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au
Old Jun 15th 2004, 2:42 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by George Lombard
...they're hoping to have debugged it in time for the wave of SIR enquiries they're expecting after 1 July.
George, that's only if DIMIA bother to tell anyone the rules of SIR
Old Jun 15th 2004, 6:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Sandy,

I had an amusing chat with them about this last week. Obviously the website is still a beta version but they're hoping to have debugged it in time for the wave of SIR enquiries they're expecting after 1 July. So all feedback is being gratefully received at the moment.

Cheers,

George Lombard

I thought I was going mad, and imagining that I had seen the link! It's now officially a missing link then!

Still waiting for a reply, but at least it wasn't such a daft question after all!

Sandy
Old Jun 15th 2004, 8:54 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by wmoore
George, that's only if DIMIA bother to tell anyone the rules of SIR
Hi WM,

I think we know the basics. You present a skills assessment and State sponsorship and a form 47SK to DIMIA and you're eligible for the visa. It's valid for three years and if during or at the end of that period you have a total of two years living in a regional area then you'll qualify for PR, through processes which are yet to be explained, but which include STNI and RSMS. It's evidently being anticipated that if you do the time in regional Australia you'll get PR.

The critical issue at the moment is that the States aren't being clear about their criteria for sponsorship or transition to PR. It looks like the order in which they'll provide this information is SA, Vic, Qld, Tas, NT, WA, NSW. I expect SA will issue sponsorships in the first week of July. NSW may be six months down the track.

Cheers,

George Lombard

Old Jun 15th 2004, 9:01 am
What's happening dudes?

I think we know the basics
Cheers George. In actual fact it doesn't matter to me at the moment cos I was deemed 'unsuitable' by the ACS (lacking a bit a of experience) so I'm going to try and get there on a 457. I will still be watching all movements in visa types so that I can get my PR at the earliest opportunity. I think that's what JAJ calls "having a plan for PR"
Just out of interest though, do you think NSW will show any more than a passing interest in this scheme?
Old Jun 15th 2004, 9:06 am
Reg. Migration Agent

Originally posted by wmoore
Cheers George. In actual fact it doesn't matter to me at the moment cos I was deemed 'unsuitable' by the ACS (lacking a bit a of experience:() so I'm going to try and get there on a 457. I will still be watching all movements in visa types so that I can get my PR at the earliest opportunity. I think that's what JAJ calls "having a plan for PR":D
Just out of interest though, do you think NSW will show any more than a passing interest in this scheme?
Hi WM,

NSW took about six months to decide on and announce its criteria for the business visa stream last year so that's the basis for my estimate, but they'll have to respond sooner or later.

Cheers,

George Lombard

Old Jun 16th 2004, 5:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Sandy,

Cheers,

George Lombard

Official reply from the SMU for anyone who wants to apply online:

"PLEASE NOTE: If you decide to send us a detailed CV (work history), please email it as an attachment and preferably in MS Word format or as an Adobe Acrobat file. Please also ensure that it is in English. If your CV is not sent as a MS Word format or as an Adobe Acrobat attachment we cannot process your application for Skilled Migration in Victoria. Please also include your occupation and ASCO Code as indicated on our Skills in Demand list."

Thanks for your help everyone

Sandy