British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   STNI here we come! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/stni-here-we-come-245963/)

Rob Morton-Jone Aug 3rd 2004 8:39 am

STNI here we come!

Well folks, More developments on the AIM saga!

AIM have requested reapeated info for Trish's skills assessment which is to be signed and dated by all the directors in a court of law. Now this is getting really silly!!!!! We have already done all this.

We really cannot see AIM giving a positive skills assesment without any new information. What are they playing at?

We have now decided to go the STNI route as this will be an easier option for us. I am 99% sure that i will get a TRA assessment although TRA are taking upto four months fast tracked, but hey, the visa application takes, at the most, 6 months.

What a roller coaster ride this is!!!

Rob

bridiej Aug 3rd 2004 9:13 am

Re: STNI here we come!

Originally posted by Rob Morton-Jone

AIM have requested reapeated info for Trish's skills assessment which is to be signed and dated by all the directors in a court of law. Now this is getting really silly!!!!! We have already done all this.

We really cannot see AIM giving a positive skills assesment without any new information. What are they playing at?

We have now decided to go the STNI route as this will be an easier option for us. I am 99% sure that i will get a TRA assessment although TRA are taking upto four months fast tracked, but hey, the visa application takes, at the most, 6 months.

Rob
Good luck Rob - we are sending our TRA stuff off on Thursday.

It takes ages to get it together, but it will be worth it in the end (we hope!)

:)

snappy Aug 3rd 2004 9:55 am

Rob
from what I've read the AIM is quite a hard lot to satisfy but they are very good at giving you advice over the phone so maybe it would be worth your while speaking to them if you haven't already done so and asking them what exactly they are looking for.

You're right though it is one hell of a roller coaster ride, just think it will all be a distant memory soon when you're enjoying the sunshine and BBQ's in the much more reliable Aussie summer!

Sasha :)

amendoza Aug 3rd 2004 10:22 am

Rob
...And what a ride! Step on it, Rob. Good luck..

Cheers,

Hannah