Wikiposts

Stni

Old Jul 6th 2004, 10:46 pm
Forum Regular

akalee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Stni

Just found this fantastic site, maybe a day too late and need advice. After studying countless visa types, migration agents and immigration forms, me and my girlfriend decided to submit stni forms to VIC and SA (directly), do you think it was sensible to not use a migration agent? My girlfriend is 26 and a qualified secondary school teacher of design technology and i am in my final year of HND in Software Engineering. She has three years teaching experience, but only one as a qualified teacher and as i probably wont count it seems we have 110 points, however, it seems that she may be on the Victoria 'in demand list', the list states 'manual arts' metal and wood and 'Information Technology', it is negligible as to whether this constitutes design technology (she teaches graphics and resisitant materials), can any teachers advise? We wish to go to Melbourne or Adeleide, an SIR Visa in an option, but a remote outpost hundereds of miles from a beach or city does not appeal, does anybody have any advice or opinions on any of these matters.
Thanks Lee
Old Jul 7th 2004, 12:17 am
BE Enthusiast

simbacat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Stni

Can't really help with the teaching bit but on a SIR Visa you can go to Adelaide.
Old Jul 7th 2004, 7:05 am
BE Enthusiast

parkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of light

Hi
Not sure about occupations but if you have sent direct to sa and vic they will soon advise you as to whether you are suitable or not. Based on their response you can then make decisions about where you want to go.
Irene
Old Jul 7th 2004, 7:17 am
Forum Regular

Cheers! For Victoria, we chose preferences as melbourne or geelong, if there is nothing suitable in these areas, have you any idea if they recommend other areas that you are needed? or is that the end of the road for the time being for STNI and victoria?
Old Jul 8th 2004, 1:55 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

If at all possible try to get an STNI visa rather than SIR.
It's important to have a clear understanding of what you're applying for.

The reason is very simple - SIR is a temporary visa, but STNI is permanent.

Only regional Victoria is SIR eligible - not Melbourne. Melbourne is covered by STNI though.

Jeremy

Originally posted by akalee
Just found this fantastic site, maybe a day too late and need advice. After studying countless visa types, migration agents and immigration forms, me and my girlfriend decided to submit stni forms to VIC and SA (directly), do you think it was sensible to not use a migration agent? My girlfriend is 26 and a qualified secondary school teacher of design technology and i am in my final year of HND in Software Engineering. She has three years teaching experience, but only one as a qualified teacher and as i probably wont count it seems we have 110 points, however, it seems that she may be on the Victoria 'in demand list', the list states 'manual arts' metal and wood and 'Information Technology', it is negligible as to whether this constitutes design technology (she teaches graphics and resisitant materials), can any teachers advise? We wish to go to Melbourne or Adeleide, an SIR Visa in an option, but a remote outpost hundereds of miles from a beach or city does not appeal, does anybody have any advice or opinions on any of these matters.
Thanks Lee
Old Jul 8th 2004, 2:05 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Jeremy, we are going with stni for melbourne (in demand list, victoria), if we are not wanted then its SIR (Adeleide). We have also stated Geelong on the stni victoria, do you know if this is this a regional location? Otherwise, are you familiar with regional locations in Victoria (recommendations)? The reason i ask is that we do not wish to be hundreds of miles from a beach or the city.
Thanks
Lee