Wikiposts

STNI 137 Visa Requirements

Old Oct 14th 2005, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

Aldebaran has a spectacular aura aboutAldebaran has a spectacular aura aboutAldebaran has a spectacular aura about
Default STNI 137 Visa Requirements

The DIMIA website says

"It is essential that you read this information if you plan to apply for a Skilled – State/Territory Nominated Independent (subclass 137) visa. These requirements must be met by you, and by any one else included in your application, in order for your application to successful and for you to be given the visa you apply for"

To me this is saying that my spouse must meet the visa requirements too. She does meet the basic requirements and gets around 65-70 points we think (I get 115 points).

Is it essential that I fill in part I (Basic Requirements for spouse) and part J (Skills matching scheme spouse part) for my wife if trying to get an STNI

I thought only I would need to meet the requirements.

My wife did have a skills test done (and passed) but we have not asked Victoria Gov if they would sponsor her. Do we need to get sponsorship for my wife too?

One more question. Can my wife work in Australia if it was only my details filled in? If she wants to work do we need to fill in part I and part J (spouse)

I appreciate any comments on this
Old Oct 15th 2005, 2:02 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: STNI 137 Visa Requirements

Originally Posted by Aldebaran
The DIMIA website says

"It is essential that you read this information if you plan to apply for a Skilled – State/Territory Nominated Independent (subclass 137) visa. These requirements must be met by you, and by any one else included in your application, in order for your application to successful and for you to be given the visa you apply for"

To me this is saying that my spouse must meet the visa requirements too. She does meet the basic requirements and gets around 65-70 points we think (I get 115 points).

Is it essential that I fill in part I (Basic Requirements for spouse) and part J (Skills matching scheme spouse part) for my wife if trying to get an STNI

I thought only I would need to meet the requirements.

My wife did have a skills test done (and passed) but we have not asked Victoria Gov if they would sponsor her. Do we need to get sponsorship for my wife too?
You are confused. For STNI spouse skill points are not required, so only the partner with the STNI nomination needs to meet DIMIA skill requirements.

Spouse must meet health and character requirements.

One more question. Can my wife work in Australia if it was only my details filled in? If she wants to work do we need to fill in part I and part J (spouse)

I appreciate any comments on this
All permanent residents have the right to work in Australia, subject to normal restrictions.

Jeremy