Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

STILL VERY SPARKLY contributory parent visa thread part 3.

STILL VERY SPARKLY contributory parent visa thread part 3.

Old Feb 20th 2010, 5:32 am
Forum Regular

jmm100uk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: STILL VERY SPARKLY contributory parent visa thread part 3.

MANY CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THOSE WHO ARE NOW IN SIGHT OF THEIR DESTINATION! I can confirm that the end is worth the wait!

To all of you/us who are frustrated by the long 15 month wait for a CO to atain those valuable CPV visas here is an example of something that may make it seem 'not so bad after all' My son (together will his wife) applied for a 475 visa (family sponsored/skilled) in October 2008 and at the time the expected timeline was about 10 months. Due to the economic downturn the skills required for that visa have been re-prioritised and DIAC have now told him that the timeline now is 3 years! We are really lucky that our criteria are limited to 'balance of family' and the quota!

Jean
Old Feb 20th 2010, 6:33 am
Just Joined

ivanab is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for all your wishes folks. I'd also add that the folks at PVC are real friendly people. They do work with you to ensure that the processing goes through smoothly with the least inconvenience to the applicants. If in doubt its best to give the CO a call directly and sort it out. Cheers
Old Feb 20th 2010, 6:54 am

sandch is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Barbaran
Thanks Steve. I feel as I have been holding my breath for weeks until contracts were exchanged. What a stresssful time but it is so good to hear everyone's good news it just keeps you focused. The OH's Business is Air Conditioning and Refrigeration best to wait until the Summer to market it methinks!

Barbara N
Fingers crossed for a scorcher!
Old Feb 20th 2010, 10:04 am
Forum Regular

ruth-phil is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations to Walna, Ivan B for the red stars, and its nice to hear Home alone is on her way. It is well worth the wait although we are here in Oz on our long stay tourist visa we can`t wait to get back to the UK to have our visa stamped in the passport so we can be normal again and have a life back in Adelaide. Roll on March 23rd when we fly back to the UK and make all the final arrangements.

Those who do come out here on a 676 visa, there is no problem having your medicals done here normally you can arrange these within days and have the results immediatley. We have used Westpac for our payments to DIAC and HIFIX are good to use for any money transfers. ( although at the moment we sit tight as the pound sterling is so low)

Good luck to all the rest of you on your long but well worth wait for the life in Oz.

Ruth & Phil
Old Feb 20th 2010, 10:52 pm

sirmatt101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations to both Walna & Ivanab on reaching Red Star Status.

Just catching up on all the news, as I haven't been getting notifications of new postings lately.

Cheers

Matt
Old Feb 21st 2010, 1:36 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by durhamlad
Has anyone checked out whether it is possible to have the medical done while on holiday in Oz as it only costs either $287 or $310 according to the medibank price list.
David
Yep, sure is do-able.

See here for bookings: http://www.medibankhealth.com.au/

Best regards.
Old Feb 21st 2010, 6:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Les Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by durhamlad
Has anyone checked out whether it is possible to have the medical done while on holiday in Oz as it only costs either $287 or $310 according to the medibank price list.
David
This could soon be viable including the flights.

What the Aus review has done has set up a UK monopoly for the few firms left doing medicals.

One firm (2 offices) inside the M25 and one outside to cover the most highly populated area of the UK.

Same sort of coverage for the rest of the UK with either a pay what they say or travel 100s miles for a better quote.

If the Aus government had set a cap on what can be charged then fair enough but to let them charge what they like is so wrong.

What did these firms pay to be on the list?
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 12:06 am
Just Joined

snowiey is an unknown quantity at this point

Visa Granted on 19,Feb,2010!!! Thank you all and all the best!
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 3:14 am
Just Joined

joanne3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sirmatt101
Congratulations to both Walna & Ivanab on reaching Red Star Status.

Just catching up on all the news, as I haven't been getting notifications of new postings lately.

Cheers

Matt
Hi Matt,

I have been reading you posts and I am a glad to hear that all is well with you and your wife ! I also have not been getting any notifications lately !

A message to everyone ! I am getting my bank guaranteed chequq today and I am going to pay my second VAC ! Steve I will let you know when to add that amazing red star !

Cheers

Joanne
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 6:02 am
Forum Regular

miscellaneous is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by snowiey
A lucky Friday for you, congratulations and good luck from here on

Kind regards
Elaine
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 7:02 am

sandch is an unknown quantity at this point

Excellent! Well done and all the best for the future.

Cheers

Steve

Last edited by sandch; Feb 22nd 2010 at 8:02 am.
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 7:35 am
Forum Regular

ancpar is just really niceancpar is just really niceancpar is just really niceancpar is just really niceancpar is just really niceancpar is just really niceancpar is just really niceancpar is just really nice

Many congratulations to you. Enjoy.
Pat & John
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

rosalinka is an unknown quantity at this point

WELL DONE SNOWIEY
GOOD LUCK ARE YOU ALL SET TO GO?
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 9:00 am
Forum Regular

rosalinka is an unknown quantity at this point

Have been having post notifications sent to junk mail box, It's back in the inbox now Matt has re-joined us
Centrelink have accepted the aos at the 3rd attempt
Daughter and o/h are self employed , so first both needed to apply as assurerers then they needed letter from accountant re current earnings
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 9:05 am
Forum Regular

coloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nice

Originally Posted by rosalinka
WELL DONE SNOWIEY
GOOD LUCK ARE YOU ALL SET TO GO?
So many visas, how wonderful. Just over 7 weeks to go to our validation trip, there's so much to do it gets a bit overwhelming at times. The weather, the exchange rate don't help the mood. The thought of the sunshine in Perth however does bring a smile.

I am busy listing on that welll known auction site and have sold quite a bit of excess furniture so far. I've also put on a few collectibles too, should help towards the shipping. Trouble is I then get an email to the effect that they would have made a lovely birthday present for number 2 daughter. Oh well, where's the end item early button!

Well done Rosalinka, just the big payment to go.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.