Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

STILL VERY SPARKLY contributory parent visa thread part 3.

STILL VERY SPARKLY contributory parent visa thread part 3.

Old Sep 29th 2009, 6:32 am

sirmatt101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: STILL VERY SPARKLY contributory parent visa thread part 3.

Originally Posted by Les Avalook
Well done Matt for the list of people who can certify copies.

We used a University Lecturer friend at the current rate of a couple of bottles of good wine.

We set up in MS Word;

I certify that this is a true copy of the original document.

Signature: ......... Date:

Name: ........................

Job Title: ........

Address: .........

Telephone Number: ........

We typed in all the details, we then printed this on the back of all our copies and then our friend just signed them.

Our son in Oz used a JP, free in the Hyperdome who has a stamp with her details and then signed and dated his documents.

If documents are not 'offical' (birth certificates etc) like letters of support, mortgage statement, bank statements from Oz etc they do not need to be signed.

We had our holiday this August in Brisbane so we collected all the paperwork from our son and brought it back to UK and then sent one package off to Perth. We have kept copies of everything we have sent.

Regards
Les
In Oz having a JP certify documents is free and so easy. Over here unless you know someone on the list you are going to have to pay. When we did our cpv application alongside an EN457 the agents certified all of ours, and there were lots as I did all my trade papers etc. They charged £100 (calm down Les, its only an advert ) which was a lot I think, but I kept sending more which they didn't charge extra for.

Cheers

Matt
Old Sep 29th 2009, 7:46 pm
Just Joined

ARIOMART is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sirmatt101
In Oz having a JP certify documents is free and so easy. Over here unless you know someone on the list you are going to have to pay. When we did our cpv application alongside an EN457 the agents certified all of ours, and there were lots as I did all my trade papers etc. They charged £100 (calm down Les, its only an advert ) which was a lot I think, but I kept sending more which they didn't charge extra for.

Cheers

Matt
I took my documents to my local solicitor to certify. She charged 5gbp for one document. When I went back with 4 documents she charged 12gbp, not too bad I thought
Moira
Old Sep 30th 2009, 6:33 am

Originally Posted by ARIOMART
I took my documents to my local solicitor to certify. She charged 5gbp for one document. When I went back with 4 documents she charged 12gbp, not too bad I thought
Moira
Then maybe my £100 wasn't too bad after all as there must have been 50 -60 documents & trade related certificates!

My son got the grandsons headmistress to do theirs for a couple of bottles of wine and he had more than me!

I think Les's idea of printing on the back of each copy is a great idea as it saves a lot of time for the signee!

Cheers

Matt
Old Sep 30th 2009, 6:42 am

Right lets try a new tactic!

"Would the wonderful people at PVC please look very favourably on all of us lowly poms whose futures lie in your capable hands!"

Oh never mind

"Come on yer b------s, whats going on"

Matt
Old Sep 30th 2009, 6:51 am
Forum Regular

sue32 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi Matt, can really feel your frustation now, i would be exactly the same as it seems so long since any movement, but it was a bank holiday on monday (queens birthday!!) so we can excuse them on one lost/slow day (perhaps!) and it was a beautiful weekend 28 degrees (Perth) so lots of bbq's going on so perhaps hangovers are the excuse! - sue
Old Sep 30th 2009, 6:55 am

Originally Posted by sue32
hi Matt, can really feel your frustation now, i would be exactly the same as it seems so long since any movement, but it was a bank holiday on monday (queens birthday!!) so we can excuse them on one lost/slow day (perhaps!) and it was a beautiful weekend 28 degrees (Perth) so lots of bbq's going on so perhaps hangovers are the excuse! - sue
Thats typical! They don't want to recognise OUR Queen, but still have a holiday to celebrate her birthday!

Cheers

Matt
Old Sep 30th 2009, 6:59 am
BE Enthusiast

donovandenese will become famous soon enough

thats a bit weird cos most of the other states celebrated the queens birthday back in june! we (South Australia) have a public holiday this coming weekend - labour day
Old Sep 30th 2009, 8:00 am
Forum Regular

hi just checked with daughter and it was a bank holiday for the queen last monday, must be different in different States? but must admit it seems odd, no worries mate, day off is still a day off in any State - sue
Old Sep 30th 2009, 9:00 am
Just Joined

ivanab is an unknown quantity at this point

Well I hope they now chew on an asprin for the hangover and get back to some visa grants. I am worried for November as the 4th ( tuesday) is the cup day and people usually are on leave on Monday. That spells as 2 more "no movement" days and to crown it all it is coupled with a weekend.
Old Sep 30th 2009, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

Vindy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ivanab
Well I hope they now chew on an asprin for the hangover and get back to some visa grants. I am worried for November as the 4th ( tuesday) is the cup day and people usually are on leave on Monday. That spells as 2 more "no movement" days and to crown it all it is coupled with a weekend.
Hi all,
Just had this email from my brother-in-law re waiting time for a CO.

Hi Les & babs,

Tony phoned Perth Center today to see if he could get any info on the waitng time for a CO for an Application Oct 08.
The only thing the woman on the helpline would say is that at the moment it's taking 17 months aprox from receipt of application to the appointment of a case officer.
And that future priorities may change with more or less staff being allocated to process the applications depending on government/departmental priorities.

Sorry not the best news but the women did make a point of saying estimates fluctuate all the time.

So much for the minister saying they were going to bring down the waiting list

Regards
Les
Old Sep 30th 2009, 11:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Barbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sirmatt101
Right lets try a new tactic!

"Would the wonderful people at PVC please look very favourably on all of us lowly poms whose futures lie in your capable hands!"

Oh never mind

"Come on yer b------s, whats going on"

Matt
Shall we try cosmic ordering? Positive thought and belief that by the end of next week Matt will have a CO - You must believe to achieve wooooooh!!!
Old Oct 1st 2009, 6:48 am

Originally Posted by Barbaran
Shall we try cosmic ordering? Positive thought and belief that by the end of next week Matt will have a CO - You must believe to achieve wooooooh!!!
I have come to the conclusion that we need to try something!!

Cheers

Matt
Old Oct 1st 2009, 7:09 am
Just Joined

joanne3 is an unknown quantity at this point

HI SirMatt,

I have just joined this forum today ! I have been following it closley for a few weeks now. I have some news for you. My application date is 29 May 2008. I sent the POPC an email asking them when they would be processing the May cpv. AND I got a reply. I have been assigned a case officer !!!!! and he said that he would be looking at my paperwork in about 2 or 3 weeks time !

So, .... any day now ! I will watch this thread and the timeline. You and wanda should be very soon now.

Good Luck

Joanne3
Old Oct 1st 2009, 7:40 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by joanne3
HI SirMatt,

I have just joined this forum today ! I have been following it closley for a few weeks now. I have some news for you. My application date is 29 May 2008. I sent the POPC an email asking them when they would be processing the May cpv. AND I got a reply. I have been assigned a case officer !!!!! and he said that he would be looking at my paperwork in about 2 or 3 weeks time !

So, .... any day now ! I will watch this thread and the timeline. You and wanda should be very soon now.

Good Luck

Joanne3
welcome joanne, great news for you, and of course it gives matt and wanda an uplift to their spirits that things are happening behind the scenes so to speak! - sue
Old Oct 1st 2009, 8:19 am

sandch is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by joanne3
.....and he said that he would be looking at my paperwork in about 2 or 3 weeks time......
...a length of time which is probably mandated to avoid injury in the workplace due to excessive or sudden movement I imagine
Joking aside, it does look as though DIAC staffing levels are the biggest obstacle.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.