Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

STILL VERY SPARKLY contributory parent visa thread part 3.

STILL VERY SPARKLY contributory parent visa thread part 3.

Old Nov 13th 2009, 9:23 am
Forum Regular

Walna is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: STILL VERY SPARKLY contributory parent visa thread part 3.

Can anyone tell me if they have paid their final instalment with an Australian cheque in dollars from a bank account in Australia. Ann
Old Nov 13th 2009, 9:55 am

sirmatt101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Walna
Can anyone tell me if they have paid their final instalment with an Australian cheque in dollars from a bank account in Australia. Ann
As long it is a bank guaranteed cheque and not a personal cheque, that is ok!

Thats how we were going to do it, but can save money by transferring back to UK and paying there!

Matt
Old Nov 13th 2009, 11:26 am
Just Joined

jat1968 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Ann,
My mum paid her 2nd VAC via an Australian account....She opened a Westpac acc..about 18 months ago when the exchange rate was more favourable....I was a co signatory and sorted out the bank cheque this end and forwarded to PVC via courier...no problems....all went through in a couple of days......
Good Luck....
Julie
Old Nov 15th 2009, 8:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Les Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
http://www.emirates.com/au/english/d...=520368#520368

For those who are onshore and having to be offshore for visa grant.

Must be booked and paid for quickly!

Best regards.
Originally Posted by sirmatt101
Hi Les, yes the plan is to go to NZ, its cheaper than Singapore. My beloved is planning to stay if they do come, sending me back to do final bits!!

Of course we will be paying in £s in London, so got to send stuff from Oz (mandate & letter) so could take a little (read lot) longer!!

Matt
This may be of help
Old Nov 15th 2009, 12:09 pm
Forum Regular

Walna is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Matt and Julie, Many thanks for the information. Shouldn't be too long now - house up for sale tomorrow How do we all survive the stress???? Ann
Old Nov 15th 2009, 10:46 pm

Hi Matt and Julie, Many thanks for the information. Shouldn't be too long now - house up for sale tomorrow How do we all survive the stress???? Ann
We are just waiting day to day for 2nd VAC request! Paperwork is ready to send off for payment, so bring it on! Hopefully now that CO is on leave, her stand in might get a move on. When I phoned on Friday, on one occasion when the CO was not there, I heard the person who answered the phone say, (with hand cupped over receiver), where is ........? The muffled answer that I wasn't supposed to hear was, "I think shes trying her new clothes on"! So there you go, thats why they are so rushed off their feet at PVC!

The temperature down here today is set to top 32c, so as long as I add plenty of ice to my whisky & coke I will avoid dehydration

One good bit of news is that our daughter who came with us and is emigrating, started a new job this morning, and she was offered jobs at 3 different places, so not bad at all.

Cheers to all

Matt
Old Nov 16th 2009, 12:39 am
Just Joined

Lisa G is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Vindy,

Found it!

Lisa x
Old Nov 16th 2009, 12:47 am
Forum Regular

marian and ian burgess is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Does anyone remember us? We arrived in Sydney on 20 October. It was a wonderful welcome as all the family were there to greet us. Since we arrived we have found an excellent flat (UNIT?) to rent, bought a van, furnished the flat with stuff from Ikea, done all the other things like changing drivers licences ($150 for 5 years!) signed up for Medicare, visited our daughter and her family who live in Forster (about 350 kilometres up the Coast) and now we have to sort out some work. It's so different from UK and we absolutely love it! Our boxes are scheduled to arrive on 6 December so it will be good to be re-united with all our possessions. Still waiting for broadband but am able to use my daughter's; she only lives 5 minutes walk from us. We are in Dee Why a lovely suburb on the Northern Beaches. Wonderful! Best wishes to you all. It's the best thing we've ever done.
Marian and Ian
Old Nov 16th 2009, 6:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Les Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Lisa G
Thanks Vindy,

Found it!

Lisa x
I told you you left it 'on the side'.
Old Nov 16th 2009, 6:52 am
BE Enthusiast

The temperature down here today is set to top 32c, so as long as I add plenty of ice to my whisky & coke I will avoid dehydration

One good bit of news is that our daughter who came with us and is emigrating, started a new job this morning, and she was offered jobs at 3 different places, so not bad at all.

Cheers to all

Matt
Hi Matt, it hit 34c in August so good to know it has cooled down.
Old Nov 16th 2009, 6:58 am
Forum Regular

sue32 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by marian and ian burgess
Hi Does anyone remember us? We arrived in Sydney on 20 October. It was a wonderful welcome as all the family were there to greet us. Since we arrived we have found an excellent flat (UNIT?) to rent, bought a van, furnished the flat with stuff from Ikea, done all the other things like changing drivers licences ($150 for 5 years!) signed up for Medicare, visited our daughter and her family who live in Forster (about 350 kilometres up the Coast) and now we have to sort out some work. It's so different from UK and we absolutely love it! Our boxes are scheduled to arrive on 6 December so it will be good to be re-united with all our possessions. Still waiting for broadband but am able to use my daughter's; she only lives 5 minutes walk from us. We are in Dee Why a lovely suburb on the Northern Beaches. Wonderful! Best wishes to you all. It's the best thing we've ever done.
Marian and Ian
hi marian and ian, yes i remember you both, avid watcher of the gainwave as we all are, so pleased you have settled in well over there, hopefully we are starting the final approach, it seems ages since we decided (3 years ago) to move over, had to wait the 2 years for daughter to have been there, and now we are 15 months down the process line, good luck finding jobs, - sue
Old Nov 16th 2009, 7:09 am
Forum Regular

coloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nice

Marian and Ian
I think all us old timers remember you both and it's really ecouraging to hear that you are pleased you made the move. We can't wait but are not going anywhere until the house is sold. Good luck with the job hunting and please keep posting with your news.

Best wishes
Cathy
Old Nov 16th 2009, 7:38 am

Marian and Ian
Good to hear from you guys. Its a bit like starting all over again isn't it, new places, new people, new things and of course new names for things wev'e used for years!!

Whats the rents like down there, they are not bad out of Brisbane and even better a couple of hours inland!

All the best for the rest of your life

Matt
Old Nov 16th 2009, 7:41 am

Originally Posted by Les Avalook
Hi Matt, it hit 34c in August so good to know it has cooled down.
Tomorrows forecast is max 37C bring it on, I'm ready, loads of ice in the fridge and the aircon is working, now that I have worked out the remote control!!

Matt
Old Nov 16th 2009, 8:21 am
Forum Regular

Vindy is an unknown quantity at this point

Tomorrows forecast is max 37C bring it on, I'm ready, loads of ice in the fridge and the aircon is working, now that I have worked out the remote control!!

Matt
Hi Matt,
Is that all it could go as high as 12 deg here and wet and windy, enjoy

Best wishes
Vindy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.