Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

STILL VERY SPARKLY contributory parent visa thread part 3.

STILL VERY SPARKLY contributory parent visa thread part 3.

Old May 18th 2010, 12:33 pm
Forum Regular

frizzy1 is just really nicefrizzy1 is just really nicefrizzy1 is just really nicefrizzy1 is just really nicefrizzy1 is just really nicefrizzy1 is just really nicefrizzy1 is just really nicefrizzy1 is just really nice
Default Re: STILL VERY SPARKLY contributory parent visa thread part 3.

Originally Posted by johnschofield10
Kirsti the address is: -
IPS Disclosure of Information
PO Box 215 Peterborough
PE1 1QQ

They will need to supply the following: -
Current Passport Numbers, date of issue and expirey and place of issue
DoB
Date of Marriage & Mother's maiden Name
Place of Birth
Possibly NI Numbers
and a cheque for £10.00 each

Hope this helps

John
Thanks for this, appreciated.

Kirsti
Old May 18th 2010, 12:34 pm

sirmatt101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by frizzy1
Hi, thanks and we are the same now trying to get everything lined up.

With regards to form 80, it asks for previous passport numbers and my parents didnt keep copies. They have tried to ring the passport office but were told that they didnt hold this information.

What do we do? Should we just put down the current passport number and advice that previous passport numbers not known?

Cheers.

Kirsti
On our form 80 we put current passport numbers then "Consecutive British Passports held from 19--". That was fine, was accepted, even some of our family members in Oz we didn't give their date of citizenship as they couldn't find it!!

All the best

Matt
Old May 18th 2010, 12:36 pm

sirmatt101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jtct
Thanks, will do as soon as I've made enough posts to send a PM!
Don't need to PM, just post details on here and Steve (sandch) will add you, all very simple.

Cheers

Matt
Old May 18th 2010, 12:38 pm

sandch is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks, will do as soon as I've made enough posts to send a PM!
Hello there and welcome! Yes there's a lot of good stuff on this thread. The tracker is here; you can send me an email from there or simply post your details here.

Cheers

Steve
Old May 18th 2010, 12:41 pm

Visited family for 5th time in Jan/Feb
Made the big decision ............. finally while there
Looked up info and eligability, started to hunt for various certificates and info needed
Appointed an agent March
Commenced lots of form filling April
Stuff sent to Perth 15th April and 1st payment to DIAC made
waiting for acknowledgement!..............then the long wait begins

Oh yes, we hope to settle in Adelaide near the family - hopefully Flagstaff Hill, Blackwood, Coromandal area if we can still afford it when we eventually sell our house
That's probably all I need actually. Just let us know what date they acknowledge - then it's just the wait and hope for an improvment in the exchange rate!

Assume it's a 143?
Old May 18th 2010, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

jmm100uk is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, thanks and we are the same now trying to get everything lined up.

With regards to form 80, it asks for previous passport numbers and my parents didnt keep copies. They have tried to ring the passport office but were told that they didnt hold this information.

What do we do? Should we just put down the current passport number and advice that previous passport numbers not known?

Cheers.

Kirsti
Some people have done as you suggest but I got a really helpful person at the Peterborough passport office who gave me the address of the Data Protection people. If you would like to send me a PM I could send you a copy of the letter I received, with the conditions and cost - and they then sent me a list of all the passport numbers I had ever had from 1952!!! I then sent a copy of this letter with the from 80.
Jean
Old May 18th 2010, 12:45 pm

We have a case officer!!! and as you can tell are very happy!

Steve - could you please update the tracker please.

Our e-mail has asked for all info to be provided within next 28 days, if not sooner, as they are hoping to grant the visa before the end of June.

Parents are now trying to fill in form 80........

Do you know if you can complete Form 80 and then scan and attach it via e-mail or if it has to be sent by post?

Thanks.

Kirsti
Excellent. Great news Kirsty.

Up one more rung!

Best wishes

Steve
Old May 18th 2010, 12:51 pm
Forum Regular

frizzy1 is just really nicefrizzy1 is just really nicefrizzy1 is just really nicefrizzy1 is just really nicefrizzy1 is just really nicefrizzy1 is just really nicefrizzy1 is just really nicefrizzy1 is just really nice

Sorry, last question;

Form 80 states Q21: Previous addresses of the places where you have lived during the last 10 years (including Australia).

My parents have stayed in Majorca in a flat they rent for up to 6 months at a time over the last 10 years. But they still technically lived in the UK.

Should they put this under places they have lived or just under question 26: Give details of all visits (including short stays) to countries outside Australia for the last 10 years?

Thanks again.

Kirsti
Old May 18th 2010, 12:52 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sirmatt101
On our form 80 we put current passport numbers then "Consecutive British Passports held from 19--". That was fine, was accepted, even some of our family members in Oz we didn't give their date of citizenship as they couldn't find it!!

All the best

Matt
Thanks Matt - thats intresting so may just go down that route instead!!

Kirsti
Old May 18th 2010, 12:58 pm

Sorry, last question;

Form 80 states Q21: Previous addresses of the places where you have lived during the last 10 years (including Australia).

My parents have stayed in Majorca in a flat they rent for up to 6 months at a time over the last 10 years. But they still technically lived in the UK.

Should they put this under places they have lived or just under question 26: Give details of all visits (including short stays) to countries outside Australia for the last 10 years?

Thanks again.

Kirsti
If the period exceeded 1 year (cumulatively) it should be included I think. Then they will probably need police clearance as a result from there.

Actually I see the wording on the form has changed since we did ours - there's no reference to 1 year, so it would imply everything has to go on there.

Cheers

Steve

Last edited by sandch; May 18th 2010 at 1:01 pm.
Old May 18th 2010, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

Chris-Rob-PTK is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow ..such a lot of activity and excitment on the thread again, its been quiet lately. We are all paid up now and just waiting for grant letter, it seems to be taking an age.
Good luck to all the newbies ,been there ,done that.

Chris & Rob
Old May 18th 2010, 1:05 pm
Forum Regular

heresoon is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry, last question;

Thanks again.

Kirsti
Hi I don't know if you are aware that if you have lived in a country over 12 months you will need to get Police checks.For example we were in the Philippines up to 6 months at a time for the last 10years and we were told we had to get the Police checks from there!
Old May 18th 2010, 1:16 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sandch
If the period exceeded 1 year (cumulatively) it should be included I think. Then they will probably need police clearance as a result from there.

Actually I see the wording on the form has changed since we did ours - there's no reference to 1 year, so it would imply everything has to go on there.

Cheers

Steve

I guess it depends on what they mean by "live" and how this compares with an extended holiday. For example they have just spent 6 months on holiday in Australia but I wouldnt consider that "living" there.

Cumulatively the visits do add up to more than 12 months.

Basically they would go out to Majorca from Feb - October and then come home for the winter and Xmas. They have been doing this for the past 2 - 3 years.

Also need to think about whether we need to get police clearance from Spain as you mentioned above......
Old May 18th 2010, 1:19 pm
Forum Regular

jtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by sandch
That's probably all I need actually. Just let us know what date they acknowledge - then it's just the wait and hope for an improvment in the exchange rate!

Assume it's a 143?
Thanks Steve

Yes its a 143 PCV and we're Adelaide bound.
Papers were sent just as the Icelandic volcano started spewing ash so not sure how long they will take to confirm receipt and payment received!
Old May 18th 2010, 1:46 pm

I guess it depends on what they mean by "live" and how this compares with an extended holiday. For example they have just spent 6 months on holiday in Australia but I wouldnt consider that "living" there.

Cumulatively the visits do add up to more than 12 months.

Basically they would go out to Majorca from Feb - October and then come home for the winter and Xmas. They have been doing this for the past 2 - 3 years.

Also need to think about whether we need to get police clearance from Spain as you mentioned above......
An interesting definition of "live" - hadn't thought of that one before. I wasn't living there Your Honour I was just well sort of on holiday, not really living you know more, existing like. Honest guv.

If they weren't your parents, and were called Reg and Ron and hung out in East London a bit we have to ask if the Aussies would be bothered about getting a police report for any length of time they had local access to the Spanish banking system. It's a bit easier to view it dispassionately then.

Sorry Kirsti, it's been a dull day creating clever spreadsheets..... and it is a right pain in the Toyota Aris organising police reports from these places, so I sympathise.

The forum has distracted me for long enough

BACK TO WORK.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.