Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

STILL VERY SPARKLY contributory parent visa thread part 3.

STILL VERY SPARKLY contributory parent visa thread part 3.

Old Apr 30th 2010, 9:07 pm
Forum Regular

miscellaneous is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: STILL VERY SPARKLY contributory parent visa thread part 3.

CONGRATULATIONs Les & Babs, so nice, to see you have at last reached your station, and have the green light to go.

Best wishes to all others still waiting, and also the new arrivals

Best wishes
Elaine.
Old Apr 30th 2010, 9:41 pm
Just Joined

phyllis71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Vindy
Hi all,
Got it, Got it, Got it,
This morning got the email with the visa grant , all we need to do now is send off the passports to London to have the labels inserted.
Sat here in a daze cant belive that after all this time we have got there.
Best wishes to all who are still waiting you will get there .
Steve can you give us our star.

Vindy/ Les & Babs
Congratulations Les and Babs, very best wishes for your new life. Phyllis
Old May 1st 2010, 8:03 am
Forum Regular

johnschofield10 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Vindy
Hi all,
Got it, Got it, Got it,
This morning got the email with the visa grant , all we need to do now is send off the passports to London to have the labels inserted.
Sat here in a daze cant belive that after all this time we have got there.
Best wishes to all who are still waiting you will get there .
Steve can you give us our star.

Vindy/ Les & Babs
CONGRATULATIONS Les & Babs

John & Marg
Old May 1st 2010, 4:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Les Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of light

Old May 1st 2010, 5:18 pm
Forum Regular

pemajoka is a jewel in the roughpemajoka is a jewel in the roughpemajoka is a jewel in the roughpemajoka is a jewel in the rough

Hi everyone Particularly Steve and Matt
More update. It arrived this morning Wish it was the visa but at least its a start, it is the receipt for the first VAC. Did as the guy from the high commission said and great, no problem back in four days so confirmed, payments can be made via this route without a ref No.

However be careful using Post Office, sent recorded delivery and according to the website it is still in transit TO the high commission, so guess who will be delivering the visa app yep a courier.

Cannot wait to be joining the red star brigade good luck to all the recent awards

regards
pete
Old May 2nd 2010, 2:10 am
Forum Regular

rosalinka is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations to Les and Babs
I arrived in Brisbane on Sat morning. Visa had beeb grante on friday, so ,like Cathy I was taken aside by a grumpy immi official and yippee I am in:thumbsu p:
Grant letter states that Australis has a modern electronic system which does not require a visa label in the passport. So no trip to New Zealand for evidencing
Old May 2nd 2010, 6:21 am
Just Joined

austibeach is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations Les & Babs, hopefully it means we are that bit closer, although we haven't been asked for our 2nd payment yet, we haven't had any contact from our case officer asking for any further information, so hopefully all is well and we will hear soon.
It must be a wonderful feeling for you both, to be finally the owners of your very own red star and can get on with the rest of your lives, after the marathon of waiting so long.

Have a fantastic new life down under,

Eric.
Old May 2nd 2010, 1:29 pm
Forum Regular

sue32 is an unknown quantity at this point

congratulations les and babs, had that feeling only a few weeks ago. well we arrived late last night, flight was so much more comfy business class, but it is still a long time to sit. we have plenty of jobs to do around the house to keep us busy for weeks to come, but this week we intend to get the driving licence's, medicare, tfn numbers, bank appointment, etc, etc, then concentrate on looking for jobs, all the best to everyone - sue
Old May 2nd 2010, 10:25 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rosalinka
Congratulations to Les and Babs
I arrived in Brisbane on Sat morning. Visa had beeb grante on friday, so ,like Cathy I was taken aside by a grumpy immi official and yippee I am in:thumbsu p:
Grant letter states that Australis has a modern electronic system which does not require a visa label in the passport. So no trip to New Zealand for evidencing
What a nice feeling it must be to suddenly be legal in Oz, after all the waiting. congratulations: and good luck. thumbsup:

Does your announcement mean this is THE END of too-ing and fro-ing of having to go offshore to collect our visa's!!! what a bonus this would be, for us here waiting it out in Oz, and hopefully no more posting passports to London for those in the UK

Best wishes
Elaine
Old May 2nd 2010, 11:25 pm
Forum Regular

jmm100uk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by miscellaneous
What a nice feeling it must be to suddenly be legal in Oz, after all the waiting. congratulations: and good luck. thumbsup:

Does your announcement mean this is THE END of too-ing and fro-ing of having to go offshore to collect our visa's!!! what a bonus this would be, for us here waiting it out in Oz, and hopefully no more posting passports to London for those in the UK

Best wishes
Elaine
Anybody/especially Alan - I am also curious about what this means - It would be great if those of us who are legally here did not have to go offshore to acquire and validate the visa!!
Jean
Old May 3rd 2010, 12:42 am
Forum Regular

rosalinka is an unknown quantity at this point

You still have to be outside Australia to get the grant letter,but if you are on your way it seems like you dont need the passport visa, just the grant letter apparently . I was actually in Singapore on friday when the letter was issued.
Old May 3rd 2010, 6:27 am

sandch is an unknown quantity at this point

There has been some understandable flexibility recently because of the air travel crisis over Europe. I don't think the ground rules will have changed.
Old May 3rd 2010, 12:15 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rosalinka
You still have to be outside Australia to get the grant letter,but if you are on your way it seems like you dont need the passport visa, just the grant letter apparently . I was actually in Singapore on friday when the letter was issued.
Thank you Rosalinka and Steve. Back down to earth with a bunp, this will teach me not to jump the gun in future

Still one should always live in hope.

Regards Elaine
Old May 3rd 2010, 12:48 pm
Forum Regular

Chris-Rob-PTK is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone, today is a good day,we`ve had the 2nd VAC request, didnt expect it today as its a bank holiday in OZ too...... has anyone got the exact address I need for the High Commission in London, I`d hate it to come back to us undelivered because I sent it to the wrong dept. and Steve will you update the tracker please ..........need a strong cup of tea now to bring me back to earth .....All the best to all still waiting
Chris & Rob
Old May 3rd 2010, 1:08 pm
Forum Regular

johnschofield10 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Chris-Rob-PTK
Hi everyone, today is a good day,we`ve had the 2nd VAC request, didnt expect it today as its a bank holiday in OZ too...... has anyone got the exact address I need for the High Commission in London, I`d hate it to come back to us undelivered because I sent it to the wrong dept. and Steve will you update the tracker please ..........need a strong cup of tea now to bring me back to earth .....All the best to all still waiting
Chris & Rob
Chris & Rob,

Check out http://www.uk.embassy.gov.au/lhlh/Vi...Migration.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.