Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

STILL VERY SPARKLY contributory parent visa thread part 3.

STILL VERY SPARKLY contributory parent visa thread part 3.

Old Mar 17th 2010, 5:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Barbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to all
Default Re: STILL VERY SPARKLY contributory parent visa thread part 3.

Originally Posted by Les Avalook
Well done Les, we have until early 2011 before our likely payment date so who knows where the £ will be.

Our currents thoughts are to pay 2nd vac, validate visa as late as possible and then work a few more years in the UK to improve funds.

However, thats our thoughts now, once people get a sniff of a visa it's amazing how their priorities change.

Last September at around £=2$ we were hoping for the shortest time to move out to Oz, how that all changed.
Hi Les Avalook, You have long term plans then and the visa payment may come sooner than you think we are moving up that chart!

Barbara N
Old Mar 17th 2010, 5:41 pm
Forum Regular

coloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nice

Short answer No, this was the final court for the hearing.
I read somewhere today that they will appeal to the court of public opinion but sadly that court is toothless. One of the reasons given was that we haven't paid tax in this country so why should we expect the increment, I would beg to differ on that one. We have paid more than our fair share as have most people I would say.

Oh well, we can't do anything about it now.
Old Mar 17th 2010, 6:10 pm
Forum Regular

Vindy is an unknown quantity at this point

Well done Les, we have until early 2011 before our likely payment date so who knows where the £ will be.

Our currents thoughts are to pay 2nd vac, validate visa as late as possible and then work a few more years in the UK to improve funds.

However, thats our thoughts now, once people get a sniff of a visa it's amazing how their priorities change.

Last September at around £=2$ we were hoping for the shortest time to move out to Oz, how that all changed.
Hi Les,
You are in a better position to be able to do that, the £ should be in a better position by then.

Good luck

Les
Old Mar 17th 2010, 8:19 pm

sandch is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Les

There may be no benefit to delaying validation and some risk, so be aware of that. The visa validity period starts from the date it is granted. This may help:

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Visa_Validation-Australia

Obviously it's just what I have read, so make sure you do your own research, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that some normality returns to the currency markets before then.

Cheers

Steve
Old Mar 17th 2010, 9:08 pm

sirmatt101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Your priorities do change until you look at your bank balance and work out what your pensions will be worth once changed into dollars, thats exactly why we are still working here for the moment!!

Cheers

Matt
Old Mar 18th 2010, 1:00 am
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by coloneldube
I read somewhere today that they will appeal to the court of public opinion but sadly that court is toothless. One of the reasons given was that we haven't paid tax in this country so why should we expect the increment, I would beg to differ on that one. We have paid more than our fair share as have most people I would say.

Hi

Feel free to join the cause at www.bpia.org.au

There is also an ongoing current thread on here under "UK state pension" which you may find of interest.

Regards

Jim
Old Mar 18th 2010, 8:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Les Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sandch
Hi Les

There may be no benefit to delaying validation and some risk, so be aware of that. The visa validity period starts from the date it is granted. This may help:

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Visa_Validation-Australia

Obviously it's just what I have read, so make sure you do your own research, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that some normality returns to the currency markets before then.

Cheers
Steve
Thanks Steve, I did mean that we would validate within the 12 months and then move well within the time limit you linked to.
We are just keeping the return to the UK to work for a few more years as an option but can understand when people get the visa in their hand the heart rules the head.

Regards
Les
Old Mar 18th 2010, 8:55 am
Just Joined

ARIOMART is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi out there
Can you put me on the time line please. My application for a 173 was received by the office on 3 March, I am going to Beaumaris in Melbourne to be near my son and his family. In the letter they said they are processing applications lodged on 9 Dec 08 so I have a wait, but it will go quickly and there are lots of things to think about, helped along with this forum
Best wishes
Moira
Old Mar 18th 2010, 10:20 am
Forum Regular

johnschofield10 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by coloneldube

Again I find myself agreeing totally with you. I have been checking on my State Pension Forecast online and I am assured that I have paid sufficient NI contributions for a full UK Sate Pension ergo I have paid all my taxes. Whilst serving in Hong Kong in the 80's I also paid Poll Tax. Shafted again!!
Old Mar 18th 2010, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

sue32 is an unknown quantity at this point

have just paid 2nd vac request, we are on a roll folks - sue
Old Mar 18th 2010, 1:04 pm
Just Joined

joanne3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone !

I am elated ! I have just received my grant letter !

I have been reading the grant pages with wonder ! ALL THAT HARD WORK ! All the form filling ! All that waiting..

WORTH IT !

Steve, Please hang up my star !

Now to get the house sale through !

Joanne and Andy !
Old Mar 18th 2010, 4:59 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by joanne3

Hi Everyone !

I have been reading the grant pages with wonder ! ALL THAT HARD WORK ! All the form filling ! All that waiting..

WORTH IT !

Joanne and Andy !
Hi Joanne & Andy.
Congratulations and good luck with the sale of your house
We are just going to pay the 2nd vac and then hoping that the house sells.
Just think what are you going to do with all the time you will have when its all over

Best wishes

Les & Babs
Old Mar 18th 2010, 5:02 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sue32
have just paid 2nd vac request, we are on a roll folks - sue
Hi Sue
we are paying our 2nd vac to London next week,
Good luck

Les & Babs
Old Mar 18th 2010, 5:35 pm

Thanks Steve, I did mean that we would validate within the 12 months and then move well within the time limit you linked to.
We are just keeping the return to the UK to work for a few more years as an option but can understand when people get the visa in their hand the heart rules the head.

Regards
Les
I know Les - we just want to get out there and hang the consequences
Old Mar 18th 2010, 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by joanne3

Hi Everyone !

WORTH IT !

Joanne and Andy !
Hey guys, congratulations.

These must be the most expensive red stars in the world. But who cares? OK, OK, I know.

Best wishes

Steve

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.