Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

STILL VERY SPARKLY contributory parent visa thread part 3.

STILL VERY SPARKLY contributory parent visa thread part 3.

Old Jan 19th 2010, 8:07 am

sandch is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: STILL VERY SPARKLY contributory parent visa thread part 3.

Originally Posted by sirmatt101
Hi all from far Auckland!

We arrived at 03.30 this morning, only a two and a half hour flight from Brisbane! We are encamped in the Copthorne Quay Street Hotel, which is right next door to the Australian Consulate, so less than 100 mts to walk!! If you see the building that the consulate is in you will understand why you pay so much for your CPVs!!
Its closed all day Wednesday, so we will be there when it opens 9 am Thursday!
Meantime we will be enjoying cooler temps than Brisbane and getting to see some of the sights!!

Cheers

Matt & OH
Hope you were out with the crowds to say Hi to the visiting royal personage Matt. Or were you simply enjoying yourself instead?
Old Jan 19th 2010, 1:04 pm
Forum Regular

miscellaneous is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all from far Auckland!

We arrived at 03.30 this morning, only a two and a half hour flight from Brisbane! We are encamped in the Copthorne Quay Street Hotel, which is right next door to the Australian Consulate, so less than 100 mts to walk!! If you see the building that the consulate is in you will understand why you pay so much for your CPVs!!
Its closed all day Wednesday, so we will be there when it opens 9 am Thursday!
Meantime we will be enjoying cooler temps than Brisbane and getting to see some of the sights!!

Cheers

Matt & OH
Watch out for the nose to nose greetings!!! hope all goes well, and enjoy the visit, NZ is I am told very very nice.

Best wishes
Elaine
Old Jan 20th 2010, 5:09 am

sirmatt101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Barbaran
Sounds like you are on an adventure Matt. How long was it that your OH was unable to fly due to DVT. OH just been diagnosed and put on Marevan with daily injections until blood thinner? There has been disagreement between nurse and doctor that he will be able to fly home in 11 days?

Meanwhile enjoy the journey,

Barbara
Hi Barbara, sorry to hear that your OH has DVT as well. I presume that you are also in Oz at present? My OH was only cleared to fly the short (2.5 hrs) to Auckland after 6 weeks from diagnosis. She is also on Marevan and had the Clexane injections for the 1st week. She also has to have an injection before the flights to & from NZ. She won't be cleared for the long trip back to UK until she has had another scan 12 weeks after Diagnosis, so a good couple more weeks yet. The nurse for the the travel insurance claim (AXA) was gicing the doctor what for as he took ages to get the warfarin dosage correct, but from what I gather its a bit hit or miss to get it stable! We hope you get it sorted ok, don't rush it as its not an overnight cure I am afraid!

All the best

Matt
Old Jan 20th 2010, 5:12 am

Originally Posted by sandch
Hope you were out with the crowds to say Hi to the visiting royal personage Matt. Or were you simply enjoying yourself instead?
Hi Steve, I am afraid to admit that we were out enjoying ourselves

Cheers

Matt
Old Jan 20th 2010, 6:42 am
Forum Regular

audie123 is just really niceaudie123 is just really niceaudie123 is just really niceaudie123 is just really niceaudie123 is just really niceaudie123 is just really niceaudie123 is just really niceaudie123 is just really nice

Hi Matt

I'd like to wish everyone a happy new year and to Matt and his OH a happy time in NZ

I haven't been on the forum in a while as my daughter Heather just gave birth to my first granddaughter Kalani - you would have heard the excitement over there in upper mt gravatt I thinkMatt.......................

but I also have a question.................I think it is self explanatory but I need to ask anyway - if you could be indulgent

I met a lady yesterday who is emigrating from the UK with her husband - 70 and 74. they are coming in on a 804 or 803. she says that it is costing them $3000.00 for the visa. they will get medicare but will never become citizens (due to long wait) they have to have private health insurance but are planning to stay now -their daughter will be their sponsor - she has been here 4 and a half years. that plus a small initial fee are all the costs that she says she will incur.

there has to be a reason why we are not all going this route - right? I have tried to call immi without success so far....

I applied in november 2008 for a cpv - I am the mother of two girls - one who lives here in OZ (and has just had a baby!)and the other who lives with me (Catherine)- she is 36 years old and has a mental disability. I filled in a form for her - 47PA I think. it is for people with children over the age of 18 who are dependent on their parent. - she is able to attend programmes (and infact does here in Robina) she has no medical issues of any kind and is quite capable of living on her own with supervision. she wouldnot be a drain on government coffers.

I am assuming that the aforementioned visa that this lady is hoping for would restrict my daughter staying in oz if I were to pre decease her before the visa had been approved.

my married daughter (Heather) plans to become the carer of CAtherine when I am not around. I have no plans togo anywhere just yet but we are all getting older and need to plan.

if anyone has any info regarding this 803 804 I'd be happy to hear from them - sounds wonderful really - I could sure use that $65000 round about now!!

thanks in advance - this forum is so informative..............

audie
Old Jan 20th 2010, 6:57 am

sandch is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by audie123
if anyone has any info regarding this 803 804 I'd be happy to hear from them - sounds wonderful really - I could sure use that $65000 round about now!!

.................audie
I think it might be a long wait for that visa class Audie, and it's only an option if you qualify in the "aged" category of course. The contributory visa is meant to be a bit quicker (though sometimes we wonder!)

Cheers

Steve

PS - check out this thread http://www.*************/forum/migrat...-804-visa.html

Last edited by sandch; Jan 20th 2010 at 7:01 am.
Old Jan 20th 2010, 8:26 am
Forum Regular

Vindy is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds like you are on an adventure Matt. How long was it that your OH was unable to fly due to DVT. OH just been diagnosed and put on Marevan with daily injections until blood thinner? There has been disagreement between nurse and doctor that he will be able to fly home in 11 days?

Meanwhile enjoy the journey,

Barbara
Hi Barbara,
I had the same problem while I was in Oz but was not due to fly home for a few weeks, Its balancing act and they have to get the INR down to a managable level, and this can take a few weeks, In the end I was able to fly home on the due date.
If you have insurance you will have to let your insurance people know, because it will invalidate your insurance if you dont, They will also want to see the INR results before they will allow you to fly home.
One good thing that came out of this was that I flew home first class arranged by the insurance company.
The doctor wrote a letter to the insurance company requesting that I fly home with extra leg room and they arranged for me to fly first class.
Its the only way to fly
The only drawback was my OH had to fly economy

Hope this helps

Regards

Les
Old Jan 21st 2010, 1:03 am

Originally Posted by Vindy
Hi Barbara,
I had the same problem while I was in Oz but was not due to fly home for a few weeks, Its balancing act and they have to get the INR down to a managable level, and this can take a few weeks, In the end I was able to fly home on the due date.
If you have insurance you will have to let your insurance people know, because it will invalidate your insurance if you dont, They will also want to see the INR results before they will allow you to fly home.
One good thing that came out of this was that I flew home first class arranged by the insurance company.
The doctor wrote a letter to the insurance company requesting that I fly home with extra leg room and they arranged for me to fly first class.
Its the only way to fly
The only drawback was my OH had to fly economy

Hope this helps

Regards

Les
Yes, if you have travel insurance it sure does help on the costs that can be incurred in cases such as this. AXA Australia are dealing with our claim and phoned again this morning enquiring about the OH and when she would be ready to fly. They (AXA) just want a copy of the docs clearance cert, INR levels and a copy of final scan, then they say they will arrange a flight for her almost immediately. They know that we have travelled to NZ for the visas as doctor informed them and they have no problem with that!

Cheers

Matt
Old Jan 21st 2010, 1:11 am

Thumbs up Re: STILL VERY SPARKLY contributory parent visa thread part 3.

Hi all

Update from Auckland is visas are in passports!! Just got to get back to Brisbane on 29th to validate them!

We were at the Consulate 08.45 this morning and 4th in queue, desk opened at 09.00 and visas were done by 09.10!

They do ask that you do not go to the Consulate for at least 2 working days once arrived in NZ, this gives time for their system to be updated by Perth. So our original arrangements timewise would have been well sufficient. Never mind, New Zealand is a beautiful place and we now have time to explore some of it.

Cheers

Matt
Old Jan 21st 2010, 1:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Barbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to all

Yes, if you have travel insurance it sure does help on the costs that can be incurred in cases such as this. AXA Australia are dealing with our claim and phoned again this morning enquiring about the OH and when she would be ready to fly. They (AXA) just want a copy of the docs clearance cert, INR levels and a copy of final scan, then they say they will arrange a flight for her almost immediately. They know that we have travelled to NZ for the visas as doctor informed them and they have no problem with that!

Cheers

Matt
Thanks for the advice guys all so helpful and things are going well INR up to 2.1 after four days so the last injection today and he is so happy about that!
Two doctors have said that there is no problem flying home on the 30th but the home nurses are doubtful. Much depends on the doctors final opinion we suspect. Medical care great in Perth!

Enjoy the journey as well as the destination Matt and everything happens for a reason - you wouldn't have seen New Zealand so soon would you?
Old Jan 21st 2010, 1:42 am

Thanks for the advice guys all so helpful and things are going well INR up to 2.1 after four days so the last injection today and he is so happy about that!
Two doctors have said that there is no problem flying home on the 30th but the home nurses are doubtful. Much depends on the doctors final opinion we suspect. Medical care great in Perth!

Enjoy the journey as well as the destination Matt and everything happens for a reason - you wouldn't have seen New Zealand so soon would you?
Great to hear all going well, and INR correct after short time. Will keep fingers crossed for you

You are right, we may never have seen NZ at all really!

Good luck

Matt
Old Jan 21st 2010, 4:12 am
Forum Regular

miscellaneous is an unknown quantity at this point

Matt & Mrs Matt,
Good news to hear it has been so easy and straitforward for you both, and now you are just the one step away from being bona vide Poms in Oz !!

Please can you or anyone else. tell me if I can use my british driving licence immediatley on arrival in Oz.???

Best wishes
Elaine.
Old Jan 21st 2010, 4:57 am
BE Enthusiast

donovandenese will become famous soon enough

Hi all

Update from Auckland is visas are in passports!! Just got to get back to Brisbane on 29th to validate them!

We were at the Consulate 08.45 this morning and 4th in queue, desk opened at 09.00 and visas were done by 09.10!

They do ask that you do not go to the Consulate for at least 2 working days once arrived in NZ, this gives time for their system to be updated by Perth. So our original arrangements timewise would have been well sufficient. Never mind, New Zealand is a beautiful place and we now have time to explore some of it.

Cheers

Matt
congrats on finally getting the visas in your passports!!!!

make the most of NZ while you are there - its beautiful. If you have time a visit to the Bay of Islands is recommended - short day trip from Auckland
Old Jan 21st 2010, 6:23 am
Forum Regular

suefb is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations Matt and OH - at last you have your VISA in your passport, enjoy your time in New Zealand. I'm sure it won't be too long before you make the move to Brisbane for good.

Suefb
Old Jan 21st 2010, 6:37 am
Forum Regular

sue32 is an unknown quantity at this point

well done and congratulations mr and mrs matt, bet you pair have the biggest smiles on your faces when you pass through passort control after landing in oz next week, all the best - sue

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.