Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

STILL VERY SPARKLY contributory parent visa thread part 3.

STILL VERY SPARKLY contributory parent visa thread part 3.

Old Jan 1st 2010, 8:40 am
Forum Regular

ruth-phil is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: STILL VERY SPARKLY contributory parent visa thread part 3.

Originally Posted by coloneldube
A Happy New Year to everyone on this thread, let's hope that 2010 is just the best for us all.
Cathy & Tony
Happy New Year to everyone and fingers crossed every ones wishes are fulfilled,
Ruth & Phil
Old Jan 1st 2010, 8:47 am
Forum Regular

suefb is an unknown quantity at this point

Happy New Year to everyone and hoping 2010 will be a good year for everyone.

Suefb
Old Jan 1st 2010, 9:56 am

sirmatt101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, looks like 2010 is going to start well! Doctor has cleared OH to fly to NZ only, after 18th Jan, so it was straight into the travel agents and booked for 24th - 28th Jan to Auckland! A very good start to the New Year!

Cheers

Matt
Old Jan 1st 2010, 12:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Les Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sirmatt101
Well, looks like 2010 is going to start well! Doctor has cleared OH to fly to NZ only, after 18th Jan, so it was straight into the travel agents and booked for 24th - 28th Jan to Auckland! A very good start to the New Year!

Cheers

Matt
Thats a very good start.
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 9:29 am
Forum Regular

miscellaneous is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers

Matt
Terrific news for you both, it can only be upwards and onwards now.

Best Wishes
Elaine
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 10:32 pm

Well PVC will be back to work this morning, raring to go and issue COs and Visas again until the next public holiday, Australia Day on 26th Jan!

Heres hoping for you all

Matt
Old Jan 4th 2010, 11:24 am
Forum Regular

jmm100uk is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers

Matt
You see?! 2010 really is going to be a great year for you both - NZ has to be better than a snow bound Sandringham - apparently the weather forecast there is 'more of the same' as before Christmas!
Seriously - I am so pleased for you both and hope your trip to NZ is not a huge anti-climax! Happy New Year - and to all those still on the list - I will be rejoining it by the end of the month - I hope!!
Old Jan 6th 2010, 5:24 am

Cheers

Matt
Could someone who has had their visas evidenced in either NZ or Singapore please confirm how long they stayed in either place, and how long it took for their visas to be pasted in their passports?

Our CO phoned today to say that the time we had booked in NZ was insufficient and that we needed to allow a minimum of 5 - 10 working days there for the visas to be evidenced! So now at further expense we are going from 19th - 29th Jan!

I knew that we were only allowed 1 bit of good luck this year

Cheers

Matt
Old Jan 6th 2010, 2:10 pm
Just Joined

tlock is an unknown quantity at this point

Could someone who has had their visas evidenced in either NZ or Singapore please confirm how long they stayed in either place, and how long it took for their visas to be pasted in their passports?

Our CO phoned today to say that the time we had booked in NZ was insufficient and that we needed to allow a minimum of 5 - 10 working days there for the visas to be evidenced! So now at further expense we are going from 19th - 29th Jan!

I knew that we were only allowed 1 bit of good luck this year

Cheers

Matt
Hi Matt,

Can't understand the 5-10 days.

We travelled to New Zealand for our visas in 2007.

Flew from Perth Sun 25th Nov arriving in Auckland on Mon 26th at 5.15am.

We were told we had to be in New Zealand for 3 working days and waited until the Thursday before going for our visas - we had no problems.

We flew out of Auckland on Sat 1st December.

It might be worth trying to phone the Australian Consulate in Auckland to confirm what you've been told. Or perhaps someone like Alan Collett would know if the rules have changed since 2007.

Good luck.

Last edited by tlock; Jan 6th 2010 at 3:13 pm. Reason: correction
Old Jan 6th 2010, 9:22 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

I think that DIAC errs on the side of caution ... 5 business days outside Australia is likely to be more than sufficient.

Best regards.
Old Jan 8th 2010, 8:49 am
BE Enthusiast

home alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nice

Hi! everyone,

Well it's magic Friday, but, I reckon, most COs are off until Monday 11th, lets hope the long holiday will improved their humor, and speed

Matt and his family appear to have the worst CO so far, hope the 'short' break in NZ goes well for you

Regards Lin
Old Jan 8th 2010, 9:02 am
Forum Regular

beattun is just really nicebeattun is just really nicebeattun is just really nicebeattun is just really nicebeattun is just really nicebeattun is just really nicebeattun is just really nicebeattun is just really nice

Originally Posted by home alone
Hi! everyone,

Well it's magic Friday, but, I reckon, most COs are off until Monday 11th, lets hope the long holiday will improved their humor, and speed

Matt and his family appear to have the worst CO so far, hope the 'short' break in NZ goes well for you

Regards Lin
hi all, i need some help please if anyone can...

my mum (in ireland) got the email today requesting the 2nd VAC, $31,555

its for subclass 143
holy lot of money batman, when we applied for this first (around july 2008) i thought she had to pay about 11,000 upon grant and then the balance after living here for 2 years, was i totally misunderstanding things or have they changed the system?

either way, how do they seriously suspect a widow who works part time to pull 20,000 euros out of her hat in 28 bloody days? she cant be excited about the progress now because of the worry of how to find the money.
Old Jan 8th 2010, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by home alone
Hi! everyone,

Regards Lin
I have said to OH that I am sure we will have visas by 1st weekend, so may have to pay out and change flights back to Oz earlier! Don't really want to spend nearly 10 days in NZ.

We have had 2 COs, 1st one went on leave before Christmas sometime, so we were dealing with another one, but 1st ones back now!!!

Cheers

Matt
Old Jan 8th 2010, 9:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Les Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by beattun

its for subclass 143
holy lot of money batman, when we applied for this first (around july 2008) i thought she had to pay about 11,000 upon grant and then the balance after living here for 2 years, was i totally misunderstanding things or have they changed the system?

either way, how do they seriously suspect a widow who works part time to pull 20,000 euros out of her hat in 28 bloody days? she cant be excited about the progress now because of the worry of how to find the money.
Somebody hasn't been reading these threads or their application form.
Old Jan 8th 2010, 9:21 am
BE Enthusiast

donovandenese will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by beattun

its for subclass 143

i think maybe you were getting confused with the 173 visa where you pay in two instalments

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.