Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

STILL VERY SPARKLY contributory parent visa thread part 3.

STILL VERY SPARKLY contributory parent visa thread part 3.

Old Oct 2nd 2009, 7:03 am
Forum Regular

coloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nice
Default Re: STILL VERY SPARKLY contributory parent visa thread part 3.

At long last we are pleased to announce the birth of a new visa! Sandch please fill in the missing red star! We were just saying that it's all a bit of an anti-climax now that we actually have the letter, we had our champagne moment a few months ago. Anyway, the good news for everyone else is that it frees up a case officer for someone else (hopefully you Matt).

Cathy & Tony
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 7:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Les Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by durhamlad
I emailed the Oz immigration people about having documents certified and this is a copy of the list they have sent me.
I know others have used a variety of people but to be on the safe side I think I will go with someone from the list.

Certification of Documents

The following people in the UK can certify documents for Australian visas:
Solicitor
Magistrate
Notary Public
Justice of the Peace
Commissioner for Oaths
Officer of a Court appointed by a Judge to take affidavits

Please note:
• In Scotland a Councillor may also certify documents.
• A Registered Migration Agent may certify copies of original documents for visa applications they make on behalf of clients.

They seem to have sent you a short list of people who are difficult to contact, SirMatt's list is more useful to most people.

Strange that Bankers, Teachers and Policemen etc are not on their list.
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 7:17 am

sandch is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by coloneldube
At long last we are pleased to announce the birth of a new visa! Sandch please fill in the missing red star! We were just saying that it's all a bit of an anti-climax now that we actually have the letter, we had our champagne moment a few months ago. Anyway, the good news for everyone else is that it frees up a case officer for someone else (hopefully you Matt).

Cathy & Tony
Congratulations! Some good news at last.

Red star duly awarded.

Best wishes

Steve
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 7:53 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Guys

Sorry to butt in on an existing thread but it seems that you folks are well in the know and most likely to be able to answer.

My fairly detached from reality outlaws applied for a contributary parent visa in May 2009 and were 170 in the queue (or so they tell me). They are now at 50 in the queue and seem to think that they will be in a case officer/medicals situation by February.

I am kind of hoping that this is not true as I promised them some cash for AoS....when do you think that I might have to part with the lucre? (shudder)

Once again sorry for the intrusion.
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 8:08 am
BE Enthusiast

donovandenese will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by busterboy
Hi Guys

Sorry to butt in on an existing thread but it seems that you folks are well in the know and most likely to be able to answer.

My fairly detached from reality outlaws applied for a contributary parent visa in May 2009 and were 170 in the queue (or so they tell me). They are now at 50 in the queue and seem to think that they will be in a case officer/medicals situation by February.

I am kind of hoping that this is not true as I promised them some cash for AoS....when do you think that I might have to part with the lucre? (shudder)

welcome....

my dad applied June 09 and we are expecting a case officer around Oct 2010 - as the timeframe seems to be around 18mths give or take, based on the experiences of most on here..

not sure how your parents have a queue position as CPV applicants arent normally queued until after the case officer is allocated etc..
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 8:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Cathy & Tony
congrats!!!! i know what you mean about anticlimax - mum was most disappointed at the scrappy bit of paper you get stuck in the passport as your visa at the end of such a long and expensive process!!!
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 8:11 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by donovandenese
welcome....

my dad applied June 09 and we are expecting a case officer around Oct 2010 - as the timeframe seems to be around 18mths give or take, based on the experiences of most on here..

not sure how your parents have a queue position as CPV applicants arent normally queued until after the case officer is allocated etc..
who knows...they are rather weird...
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 8:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sandch
True - we've been through the same process, but we're trying to get our minds realigned to the here and now, rather than the what might have been. It's proving a hard process for us mere mortals!
yep thats the only way......i've taken mum off all the mailing lists on email for foreign exchange rates, property prices etc - the money is now moved, she's here, she's found a house, her possessions are 3 weeks from arrival.....and grandchild number 1 is 10 weeks from being born...its a whole new start for her and she cant wait....
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 8:27 am

Hi Guys

Hi There

The queue system is only relevant when (a) a visa has been approved in principle (after CO, AOS, medicals and character checks) AND (b) the Department of Immigration has run out of CP Visas. At the moment they have plenty of visas (but not enough staff). And the queue system is thus somewhat pointless.

So you have probably 9 months to a year to save up!
And it's never an intrusion, we're glad to have another contributor.

Cheers
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 8:55 am
BE Enthusiast

home alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nice

Cathy & Tony
CONGRATULATIONS

A RED STAR, is a RED STAR, it makes up for 'that piece of paper' now you have it all!
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 9:24 am
SRK
Just Joined

SRK is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: STILL VERY SPARKLY contributory parent visa thread part 3.

With extreme happiness, I would like to add that WE HAVE BEEN ASSIGNED WITH A CO FINALLYYYYYYY YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO..

Got an email from PVC, they will contact us in 2-3 weeks!!

Steve could you please update my section!

Cant beleive I am seeing this day finally!

Regards
SRK
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 9:30 am

OK SRK - and good to see you're taking it in your stride .

I don't understand this new 2-3 week thing. How much more effort would it take to say "go get your medicals and character checks done"?

Ah well.
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

rosalinka is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys

Again people get confused with lodgement date, acknolwgment date
and actually getting a case officer, which now takes approx.17 months and a queue date. Queue calculator is almost useless as by then they will be making final preparations for mds etc and final vac.
Great to know case officers are looking at paperwork for all May 2008 apps. good lluck to you all ;hope it wont be long now
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 11:43 am
Forum Regular

Vindy is an unknown quantity at this point

Cathy & Tony
Congratulaaaaations it must be a great feeling after all this time no harm in breaking open a bottle of Champers

Best wishes
Les & Babs
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 4:04 pm

sirmatt101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Cathy & Tony
Congratulations guys, at long long last. When are you off to Oz then?

All the best

Matt.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.