Wikiposts

Is the sticker in passport all I need?

Old Aug 28th 2002, 6:34 pm
Joe Fish

Default Is the sticker in passport all I need?

I've taken my password in, had the sticker put into it (looks like a South African
R50 note to me), and booked the tickets.

So what am I missing - I get the feeling that I've forgotten something. Is there no
other visa needed, or form to fill in, or special condition on a ticket or anything
funny? I just get on a plane, arrive and go through like a tourist with the right to
stay? I'm off to Aidelaide for a week, for a job interview. My advise for IT people
is contact the local branch of an Australian company you are interested in, and check
them out. Then contact the head office - chances are they will let you see someone
who is travelling from Australia, for the first interview. Then accross.

Old Sep 2nd 2002, 9:07 pm
Jaj

Default Re: Is the sticker in passport all I need?

All you need is your valid passport, plus visa, to make your first entry. It doesn't
matter how long you plan to stay for on that occasion.

Just make sure that:
- your entry to Australia is before the first entry date
- if you have any condition on your visa, abide by it, eg with condition 8515 (not
marry before first entry).

Jeremy

>On 28 Aug 2002 23:34:54 -0700, [email protected] (Joe Fish) wrote: I've
    >taken my password in, had the sticker put into it (looks like a South African R50
    >note to me), and booked the tickets.
    >So what am I missing - I get the feeling that I've forgotten something. Is there no
    >other visa needed, or form to fill in, or special condition on a ticket or anything
    >funny? I just get on a plane, arrive and go through like a tourist with the right to
    >stay? I'm off to Aidelaide for a week, for a job interview. My advise for IT people
    >is contact the local branch of an Australian company you are interested in, and
    >check them out. Then contact the head office - chances are they will let you see
    >someone who is travelling from Australia, for the first interview. Then accross.