steps for a nurse migrating to oz...

Old Jun 13th 2011, 4:54 pm
Forum Regular

shelly23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: steps for a nurse migrating to oz...

Originally Posted by shackybracky
thanks guys . Shelly, it certainly is a relief, my heart was beating so fast as i opened them, i was convinved i had buggered up the reading as just ran ou of time near the end and guessed the last 5 questions!. It was such a stressful thing and i was the only english person there

Holly, you know the ANMAC stuff, well the bit that asks for certificate of initial registration?, well i asked NMC for one and they sent me a statement of entry with the dates of and status's of my registrations, they said that this was a cert of initial registraion?, just wondering if this is what you sent too as on the notes it describes it as a certificate of registration?

Also, i just realsied that it says they want the IELTS results staright from test centre! I had them posted to my home, did u just ring and ask the test centre to send a copy to Aus
Hi Rach,
Just a quick one about test results, contact the IELTS centre, as they will send up to 5 copies for free to various destinations. Definately need sending direct to ANMC. Congrats again. :-)
Old Jun 13th 2011, 6:56 pm
Forum Regular

holly13 is just really niceholly13 is just really niceholly13 is just really niceholly13 is just really niceholly13 is just really niceholly13 is just really niceholly13 is just really niceholly13 is just really niceholly13 is just really niceholly13 is just really niceholly13 is just really nice

thanks guys . Shelly, it certainly is a relief, my heart was beating so fast as i opened them, i was convinved i had buggered up the reading as just ran ou of time near the end and guessed the last 5 questions!. It was such a stressful thing and i was the only english person there

Holly, you know the ANMAC stuff, well the bit that asks for certificate of initial registration?, well i asked NMC for one and they sent me a statement of entry with the dates of and status's of my registrations, they said that this was a cert of initial registraion?, just wondering if this is what you sent too as on the notes it describes it as a certificate of registration?

Also, i just realsied that it says they want the IELTS results staright from test centre! I had them posted to my home, did u just ring and ask the test centre to send a copy to Aus
Hi, I sent the statement of entry thing, under the impression it is the same thing. I never got a certificate of initial registration. Worried now that I should have paid that £35 thing. I have still not heard anything back from ANMAC, might email to make sure they have everything.
With regards to IELTS on the application form I put the address of ANMAC on there to send my results to, didn't actually check that had been done, but the others are right if they will send out 5 copies free for you.
Will let you know if I hear anything useful back from them.
I'm trying to forget about it as it seems to be taking ages! Feel nervous thinking about it.
Also made a ?mental decision to apply for an A&E job to get some more acute clinical skills before we go, as worried I might be limited a bit with just community experience for past 6 years!
Old Jun 14th 2011, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

shackybracky is a name known to allshackybracky is a name known to allshackybracky is a name known to allshackybracky is a name known to allshackybracky is a name known to allshackybracky is a name known to allshackybracky is a name known to allshackybracky is a name known to allshackybracky is a name known to allshackybracky is a name known to allshackybracky is a name known to all

Cheers guys > I will contact ielts and double check i put anmac address on then when all ready to send, and just keep fingers crossed the statement of entry thing is ok, i said to NMC "no, i need an initial reg thing, and they were like "erm mrs shackleton, there is no such thing " . Let me know if you hear anything diff Holly about it not being acceptable for the anmac pleeeeaase.

Bit stressed out today as APHRA contacted me and said they had nearly finished my application but the certification of documents wasnt done corrcetly! All i can think is that the phone number and address of the certifying place was missing, so having to send all the certified stuff again!. They also said "please refer to the section on proof of identity". I already told them i am from UK and cant meet the proof of identity so presume i will get letter in principle!, its like you have to spell everything out to every person you speak too!. Anyway, will get it all done again and off, nothing can do about it

Holly, wow brave move, youre braver than me. I dont know much about district nursing job opportunites out there, but i was assured my community manager in health visiting equiv out there that there are plenty of community work in the 0-5's. I applied for a job beginning of may and still waiting to hear, but they only look at applications like once every 3 months out there and then interview over phone and if succsessful put you in a pool and match you up with best job when it becomes avaliable.

Keep the faith guys, we will get there
Old Jun 14th 2011, 8:39 pm
Forum Regular

suzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to behold

help! panicking a bit now, have snet off my AHPRA application but not sure there was any phonenumber on the certified documents. The justice of peace had a stamp that had the court name, said it was a true copy and he signed and dated everything

oh wel if it is wrong and they arebeing awkward i guess i will soon find out

I have a job offer in Townville but still put my current job in the principle place of employement as didn't think i could put where my job offer was as it isn't where i work yet. wondering if i should be sending a copy of my job offer off to them or not
Old Aug 11th 2011, 9:10 am
Just Joined

yhan is an unknown quantity at this point

hi everyone! i'm a newbie here in expats, just looking for help about how to process papers in APHRA. i'm from the Philippines and got a subclass 457 visa. i have zero knowledge how register in APHRA, pls someone help me . what are the steps of registration on APHRA? once i get a decision letter, what does that mean? what's the importance of skills assessment in ANMC? do i still need IELTS even if i already have a visa? i was told that i just need to prove that i was taught in English and APHRA could approve my papers, is that the same with ANMC? thank you in advance guys! God bless
Old Aug 11th 2011, 10:55 pm
Just Joined

mcgowc is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by yhan
hi everyone! i'm a newbie here in expats, just looking for help about how to process papers in APHRA. i'm from the Philippines and got a subclass 457 visa. i have zero knowledge how register in APHRA, pls someone help me . what are the steps of registration on APHRA? once i get a decision letter, what does that mean? what's the importance of skills assessment in ANMC? do i still need IELTS even if i already have a visa? i was told that i just need to prove that i was taught in English and APHRA could approve my papers, is that the same with ANMC? thank you in advance guys! God bless
im so confused too now im going on a working visa for a year do i need to do a skills assessment????????
what is anmc i thought it was jst aphra :
Old Aug 12th 2011, 6:30 am
Forum Regular

holly13 is just really niceholly13 is just really niceholly13 is just really niceholly13 is just really niceholly13 is just really niceholly13 is just really niceholly13 is just really niceholly13 is just really niceholly13 is just really niceholly13 is just really niceholly13 is just really nice

Originally Posted by mcgowc
im so confused too now im going on a working visa for a year do i need to do a skills assessment????????
what is anmc i thought it was jst aphra :
In answer to the last 2 posts, ahpra is who you need to register with to work as a nurse in australia. If you go onto their website there is a form that you download with all the required documents described. You do not need ielts for ahpra if you can show all your education was taught and assessed in english.
Anmac are for skills assessment...completely separate from ahpra. You only need to do this for permanent visa and this does require ielts.

So if you are going over on temp visa or already have one, then you only need to register with ahpra to enable you to work as a nurse over there.

Hope that helps guys.
Old Aug 13th 2011, 1:50 am
Just Joined

thanks holly13! this is a very helpful info . i'm relieved that i won't be needing to sit for IELTS anymore. i hope i get through the whole process with APHRA soon before i get to Australia on Jan. thanks again

@mcgwoc: good luck to us are you a Filipino also?
Old Aug 13th 2011, 8:37 am
Forum Regular

Clare S is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks wattsbug, that's useful to know.

I have been looking at the points test as a nurse and it appears I only get 115 without having to do an english test!! I have 30 points for age as i'm 28, 60 points for being a nurse, 10 for work experience, and then 15 points for having a uk passport on the english language ability. To get more points I would either have to do an english test, either the ielts or the oet test to gain another 10 points, or my partner would have to have his joinery and english skills tested, which is far more expensive.

Does anyone know if the ahpra registration or the anmac skills test result, both of which include english assessments, could be used as proof of proficient english instead of an ielts or oet test in London?

Or is there another 5 points hiding somewhere?
Can I just let u know that to nurse in Oz they will require the academic skills test in IELTS. (the ANMC will request the skills assessment)
Old Aug 13th 2011, 8:47 am
Forum Regular

Clare S is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mansawant
Hi,
My wife is a UK registered nurse and we would like to move to Sydney. She would like to go on 457 visa so query is if she registers with AHPRA without IELTS and providing evidence that she studied her secondary and nursing education in english, does she still need IELTS for the immigration purpose (457 visa).

Mansawant
If you need a skills assessment by ANMC for visa points they will insist on an academic IELTS test.
Old Aug 13th 2011, 2:46 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by holly13
In answer to the last 2 posts, ahpra is who you need to register with to work as a nurse in australia. If you go onto their website there is a form that you download with all the required documents described. You do not need ielts for ahpra if you can show all your education was taught and assessed in english.
Anmac are for skills assessment...completely separate from ahpra. You only need to do this for permanent visa and this does require ielts.

So if you are going over on temp visa or already have one, then you only need to register with ahpra to enable you to work as a nurse over there.

Hope that helps guys.
hi holly13! do you have idea about the bridging program? is it from AHPRA? what is it for and how long does it usually take? thank you
Old Aug 14th 2011, 2:01 am
Just Joined

mcgowc is an unknown quantity at this point

hi holly13! do you have idea about the bridging program? is it from AHPRA? what is it for and how long does it usually take? thank you
really i dont need to do the ielets? my friends went on the working visa and they had to do the ielets
what do i need to provide to prove i was taught in english x
Old Aug 14th 2011, 5:23 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mcgowc
really i dont need to do the ielets? my friends went on the working visa and they had to do the ielets
what do i need to provide to prove i was taught in english x
Requirements change all the time, and vary for different types of visa.Also it can make a difference depending on when people registered with various nursing boards that have existed in the last few years. Don't look at whatever your friends did, check out the requirements as they are now cos they have changed a lot in the last year or so.

Lots of threads on the subject in the Nursing forum
Old Aug 14th 2011, 9:43 pm
Forum Regular

Sorry can't help with that one I'm afraid. Despite what some people have found, ahpra have always responded fairly quick to my email queries, so if you can't find the info you need from their website, send an email for any clarification you need on bridging etc.
They will also email you the template stat dec form for you to state that all your education was taught and assessed in english (if that's the case).
Old Aug 16th 2011, 9:12 am
Just Joined

lucylis is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone!

I recieved an email today saying my aphra application is getting assessed by the board on the 19th August and will be notified by post of outcome

Now we originally were going to go on a working visa for 4 years and apply for residency once there! but now I am not to sure and don't know whether to just go down the root of permanent visa. Can anyone give me time scales for permanent immigration visas?

Also reading previous threads it appears confusing. I was told even if I have "in principle letter" which I am hoping I will have by end of the month! that I still have to do full skills assessment and not able to do modified assessment because I won't actually be on register! I do think this is stupid as if aphra have assessed me to be fit for practice then its madness that another department then assesses your skills again

has anyone got experience on going on a working visa? and then getting permanent residency!

really confused as to which route to go down.... any advice would be great!

thanks in advance

Lis

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.