Wikiposts

Statutory Declaration - plz. help!

Old Jul 7th 2007, 3:35 am
BE Enthusiast

peace19 has a spectacular aura aboutpeace19 has a spectacular aura aboutpeace19 has a spectacular aura about
Default Statutory Declaration - plz. help!

My co. is not providing me the reference letter. But my manager under which I had worked in that co. has provided me the reference on plain paper. However, he had also left that co. and now working on another co. He had attached his current co. business card along with paper.

Now my question, where "Statutory Declaration" comes in picture here in this case? Is it like Affidavit? What I have to write in it and who will Solicit/Attest it?
How I can prove that plain paper is real and issued by my manager?

Please advise.

Thank you.
Old Jul 7th 2007, 8:42 am
Beach Bum

Location: living it large on the beautiful Mornington Penninsula
paul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Statutory Declaration - plz. help!

to be on the safe side I'd provide a stat dec for everything even headed references. I didn't have the same prob as you but I had an ex employer who never answered my request for a reference so I just sent a stat dec in it's place explaining why there wasn't a ref. any solicitor can sign them.
hope this helps you.
Old Jul 8th 2007, 9:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Tigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really nice

Originally Posted by peace19
My co. is not providing me the reference letter. But my manager under which I had worked in that co. has provided me the reference on plain paper. However, he had also left that co. and now working on another co. He had attached his current co. business card along with paper.

Now my question, where "Statutory Declaration" comes in picture here in this case? Is it like Affidavit? What I have to write in it and who will Solicit/Attest it?
How I can prove that plain paper is real and issued by my manager?

Please advise.

Thank you.
Hi
Are you still working for the co? Are you able to get a piece of headed paper? If you can ask your previous manger to e-mail you the same letter as he wrote before and print it on the headed paper, return to him for his signature. Long winded I know but it worked for me!
If you can find a justice of the peace to witness your Stat Dec that is good as they are not allowed to charge. If your previous manager has signed each piece of paper then they might accept it, not just written his name on it( had one of mine come back as it was signed by computer signature)
Hope that helps
Good Luck
Nicky
Old Jul 9th 2007, 11:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

peace19 has a spectacular aura aboutpeace19 has a spectacular aura aboutpeace19 has a spectacular aura about

hi there,

I m not working in that co. neither my manager. One more thing, i have termination letter by that co. saying they terminated me coz. of my denial to sign the contract. This termination letter clearly shows my work-period with co. But not my designation. Now I am confused whether to enclose termination letter with my ACS application or not? Usually, the word "termination" leaves a -ve impact on its reader.

What to do? Shall I drop termination letter and provide stat declaration? Or should I enclose termination letter?

plz reply.
Old Jul 11th 2007, 10:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

somebody could plz. answer?

thanks
Old Jul 12th 2007, 6:36 am
BE Forum Addict

samnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond repute

somebody could plz. answer?

thanks
Write a statutory declaration thats what we did as couldnt get 3 refrences from previous employers
A self declaration is a detailed job description of previous employment where you can no longer obtain a reference. You need to write it up in your own words detailing working hours and pay.the amount of time you where employed for,
what your job entailed starting from the minute you arrive to the last minute of the day even down to if you had to clean equipment etc. Include brand names of products used, even try to remember the amount of employees the company had and what amount of profit the company may have earned in a year. The declaration must start with:

I ..........(insert name) of.......(insert full address) do solemnly and sincerely declare as follows:-

at the end of the description write

The reason I am making this declaration is because the company no longer exists due to the fact it (liquidation, taken over).

and finaly you must write

And I make this solemn declaration conscientiously believing the same to be true and by virtue of the Statutory Declarations act 1835

Signature......................... Print..................
Declared at....................................
This (day)................... date of (month)..........................2007
Before me..............................

You have to take this to a JP or solicitor who witnesse's your signing of the declaration and also he will get you to read out a declaration that they have to get you to do by law. He will then fill in his signature and stamp.

Hope this info helps

Sam xxx
Old Jul 13th 2007, 1:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Thank you Sam for your detailed answer! I have small confusion; hope you would clarify it too.

The question which is hitting my mind since last day is, do I really need a Statutory Declaration? Because as I said, the co. had provided me termination letter which clearly indicates my work period with it. However, it does not mention my job title and technologies I worked on. Also when terminating my services, they deducted my salary for some training I did on their expense. So they issued me a "copy" of these deduction decision which indicates my job title and amount they deducted.

Termination letter mentions reason of terminating as "you refused to sign the contract so we had to terminate your services".

Please reply. I just want to make sure, that stat dec is necessary for my case.

Thank you.
Old Jul 13th 2007, 2:21 am
Forum Regular

walkermat is a jewel in the roughwalkermat is a jewel in the roughwalkermat is a jewel in the roughwalkermat is a jewel in the roughwalkermat is a jewel in the rough

Sam is absolutely right. I had to get SD's done as well - £5 a time. It is better to have SD'd than not as they are actually legally binding; If it is found you lied then you can be prosecuted.

Hmm, use the termination letter or not.... Personally I would burn it and pretend it never existed. However, by saying that I appreciate I would we open to quite strong arguments against :-). Peace, I reckon you will have to make your own mind up on that one as you would probably get 50% agreeing with me and 50% saying I'm daft saying that .:-)

Hope it goes ok mate!

Mat
Old Jul 13th 2007, 2:46 am
BE Enthusiast

well -- am really confused on this issue. Anyways, i m thinking to visit aust embassy next morning and to meet consul to discuss stat issue. They charge 25US$ per document to notarize or issue a stat dec
Old Jul 13th 2007, 7:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

SKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud of

What does your former employers need to do? We worked in spain for 5 yrs and am returning next month for a holiday. So this could be my oppertunity to get them. Does it have to be official or anything, or is it just a plain typed letter from him declaring how long you worked there, what u did and how much you were payed, then him signing it and putting the company stamp on it?
Is this enough or not???
Old Jul 16th 2007, 8:06 am
BE Forum Addict

samnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SKIPPI79
What does your former employers need to do? We worked in spain for 5 yrs and am returning next month for a holiday. So this could be my oppertunity to get them. Does it have to be official or anything, or is it just a plain typed letter from him declaring how long you worked there, what u did and how much you were payed, then him signing it and putting the company stamp on it?
Is this enough or not???
Hi SKIPPI79, If your former employer is willing to do this for you I would suggest that you first write out a complete idiot's guide on how you did your job, then yes get him to say how long you worked there, how much pay is not compulsory, they would be more intrested on the company's annual turnover and profits. A letter head or company stamp would be enough, just as long as all company contact details are on the stamp or heading.
Old Jul 16th 2007, 8:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Thank you Sam for your detailed answer! I have small confusion; hope you would clarify it too.

The question which is hitting my mind since last day is, do I really need a Statutory Declaration? Because as I said, the co. had provided me termination letter which clearly indicates my work period with it. However, it does not mention my job title and technologies I worked on. Also when terminating my services, they deducted my salary for some training I did on their expense. So they issued me a "copy" of these deduction decision which indicates my job title and amount they deducted.

Termination letter mentions reason of terminating as "you refused to sign the contract so we had to terminate your services".

Please reply. I just want to make sure, that stat dec is necessary for my case.

Thank you.
Bin the termination letter. go with the SD. Termination letter doesnt look too good on your part.
Old Jul 31st 2007, 9:16 am
Just Joined

eberjoe is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi friends!
I'm gathering the docs for my application and I'm doing it without the aid of an Agent. I live in Brazil, so my doubt is: is a statutory declaration from Brazil valid, if I use the right wording in English and refer to the Act?
My doubt comes up cos Brazil isn't part of the British Commonwealth.

Please help me! I need an independent declaration as the co. I worked for doesn't exist anymore.

Thanks in advance!
Old Jul 31st 2007, 12:30 pm
Just Joined

eberjoe is an unknown quantity at this point

Please can some good soul help me?
Old Jul 31st 2007, 7:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Go to aust embassy in Brazil and ask them for SD. They will guide u for SD.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.