Wikiposts

statutory declaration needed or not?

Old May 24th 2011, 6:55 pm
Just Joined

tamilan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default statutory declaration needed or not?

hi all,

My wife got 8 years of IT exprnce. we have planned to launch ACS. I have two questions

1) Thing is out of 4 companies she worked, first 2 companies have been closed. whether we need to give self statutory declaration for that closed companies?

2) from the current company she got experience letter from manager. for the previous company(3rd company) whether we need to give statutory declaration?

thanks
Old May 24th 2011, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

3Pirrets2Oz will become famous soon enough
Default Re: statutory declaration needed or not?

Originally Posted by tamilan
hi all,

My wife got 8 years of IT exprnce. we have planned to launch ACS. I have two questions

1) Thing is out of 4 companies she worked, first 2 companies have been closed. whether we need to give self statutory declaration for that closed companies?

2) from the current company she got experience letter from manager. for the previous company(3rd company) whether we need to give statutory declaration?

thanks
Hi!

We had something similar when my hubby was applying to have his skills assessed(he's a carpenter).
One of the companies he served his time with no longer exists. We had to show that we had made attempts to trace the company without sucess and do a statutory declaration just saying it had gone into administration and were uncontactable.
Hubby passed his skills assessment so must have been enough. Obviously had to pay a solicitor a handsom fee for the pleasure!

Good Luck
Old May 25th 2011, 12:00 am
Forum Regular

tech_ginger is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: statutory declaration needed or not?

Originally Posted by tamilan
hi all,

thanks
>> 1) Thing is out of 4 companies she worked, first 2 companies have been
>> closed. whether we need to give self statutory declaration for that closed
>> companies
Yes you need to give, if you want that experience to be counted. As a proof of employment you can produce the tax return form for those corresponding years.
Apart from self declaration, it would be better if she can get from two colleagues(of each company) a notary signed reference letter.(For proof, they can use their old business cards or employment letter etc with the reference letter).

>> 2) from the current company she got experience letter from manager. for
>> the previous company(3rd company) whether we need to give statutory >> declaration?

Yes for third company also she has to get either
a experience letter(with details on technology worked & skill sets) on company letter head signed by a manager (or)
Statutory declaration(self) + 2 reference letter from colleagues of 3rd company.

This may sound tedious, but this is a safe bet.