Wikiposts

statutory declaration

Old Mar 3rd 2011, 2:56 am
Forum Regular

brushmate is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile statutory declaration

Hi just a question on statutory declaration,can it be written on normal paper and does it have to be sworn by a solicitor or do we just send it with all the other paperwork for our visa
Thanks
Old Mar 3rd 2011, 3:07 am
Forum Regular

cjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nice
Default Re: statutory declaration

Yes it can be written on normal paper by yourself, just search the web you will find plenty of templates. Once you have filled it in just take it to a local solicitor who will witness it for you. Mine charged me £5.00.
Old Mar 3rd 2011, 3:11 am

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

All the rules and mother of all templates
http://ag.gov.au/www/agd/agd.nsf/Pag...ry_declaration
Old Mar 3rd 2011, 3:51 am
Forum Regular

Smile Re: statutory declaration

The declaration is for our 40sp and the 47sp partner visa on how we met and how we carry out our lives together,does this still need to be certified and if so does it have to be written in front of the solicitor.
thanks
Old Mar 3rd 2011, 8:03 am
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brushmate
The declaration is for our 40sp and the 47sp partner visa on how we met and how we carry out our lives together,does this still need to be certified and if so does it have to be written in front of the solicitor.
thanks
Your statements do not have to be certified or sworn in front of anyone. We just did typed statements and signed/dated them and that was fine.
Old Mar 3rd 2011, 10:14 pm
Forum Regular

Ravvers is on a distinguished road

Hi just a question on statutory declaration,can it be written on normal paper and does it have to be sworn by a solicitor or do we just send it with all the other paperwork for our visa
Thanks
They can be written on normal paper and if it is the declaration by you and your partner, then they do not need to be witnessed or certified by anyone else.

The only ones that need to be witnessed is if an Australian citizens writes one re: your relationship with your partner. They then have to complete Form 888, which has to be witnessed but not necessarily by a solicitor. There is a list on the front of the form on who can witness it, we got a teacher to witness ones from our Aussie friends.

We sent our application in on 14 February and have been assigned a case officer who seems to be happy with what we have done.
Old Mar 4th 2011, 2:50 am
Forum Regular

Hi what info did you put in your statutory declaration(about your relationship) as the one we did our solicitor said it wasnt good enough(We now know a solicitor doesnt have to sign them)Plus what i am reading is you only do the police check and medical if or when you are asked to do so,is this right
thanks
Old Mar 4th 2011, 4:15 am
Forum Regular

Hi what info did you put in your statutory declaration(about your relationship) as the one we did our solicitor said it wasnt good enough(We now know a solicitor doesnt have to sign them)Plus what i am reading is you only do the police check and medical if or when you are asked to do so,is this right
thanks
I started off how we met and then basically carried on from there. Gave details of when we first met each others friends and families and were seen as a couple. Also details of trips or anything we did together and of course important dates such as wedding and deciding to have children and birth of our son. I wrote it as if I was talking to someone I knew so very casual, my husbands was more matter of fact, but then he is a Deputy Principal at a school so had his teacher head on!!

Mine ended up 9 pages as I waffle even when talking, and my husbands was 5 pages, but I've read on the spouse thread that some people just gave a list of important details and facts and only had a page or two and there statements were accepted. I don't think there is a right or wrong way to do it, just be honest and you can't go wrong.
Old Mar 4th 2011, 6:51 am
Forum Regular

thats great thanks for info,where are you planning to go in australia when you move,we are hoping for sydney if visa is granted as my partner has her mum and dad there and other relations,very stressful times doing visa and just rented house out and living back with my parents but hope it will be worth it
Old Mar 4th 2011, 12:28 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

thanks
Sorry but what's your solicitor got to do with it? You put the information on the relationship as it applies to you. Unless your solicitor is a CO at DIAC I'm unsure as to how he would know.

Don't do the PCC or Meds until requested. Spouse Visas are taking much longer than they used to and you don't want them to expire before the visa is granted or only give you a minimal time to validate.
Old Mar 4th 2011, 10:33 pm
Forum Regular

The solicitor has nothing to do with it,we thought he had to sign the declaration we wrote the declarations ourselves at home,just waiting for subclass 888 forms from my partners family in aus then sending the visa off.
Old Mar 5th 2011, 2:30 am
Forum Regular

thats great thanks for info,where are you planning to go in australia when you move,we are hoping for sydney if visa is granted as my partner has her mum and dad there and other relations,very stressful times doing visa and just rented house out and living back with my parents but hope it will be worth it
We're initinally going to the Central Coast or Sydney as my husband is from the Central Coast and his family are still there. However, don't know how long we will be there as our final destination will be wherever he lands a senior job in a school and we're considering all States. He'll start looking for a job as soon as we get there, which will hopefully be October.

Good luck with your application.