British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   status showing medical finalized (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/status-showing-medical-finalized-694839/)

stream Nov 26th 2010 5:56 am

status showing medical finalized

25/11/2010 Health requirements finalised
Character assessment particulars outstanding
16/11/2010 Further medical results referred
16/11/2010 HIV blood test referred
16/11/2010 Hepatitis B antigen blood test referred
16/11/2010 Hepatitis C antibody blood test referred

We had got the medicals done and initially the results of my wife showed +ive hepatitis c. The medical team of IOM had asked us to get further tests and that were all clear. The medical reports were forwarded by the IOM to Australia on 10th November and today this status is shown online.
Now can any body let me know if we have to under go further tests as it is mentioned against the 16th November or are the medicals finalized as stated against 25th November. This seemed little confusing.

tatoo Nov 26th 2010 6:04 am

Re: status showing medical finalized

plz share ur timelines.........r u from PK?

if ur medical requested by co then maybe u will get the grant within one month

Originally Posted by stream (Post 9004866)

We had got the medicals done and initially the results of my wife showed +ive hepatitis c. The medical team of IOM had asked us to get further tests and that were all clear. The medical reports were forwarded by the IOM to Australia on 10th November and today this status is shown online.
Now can any body let me know if we have to under go further tests as it is mentioned against the 16th November or are the medicals finalized as stated against 25th November. This seemed little confusing.

Dorothy Nov 26th 2010 9:25 am

Originally Posted by tatoo (Post 9004878)
plz share ur timelines.........r u from PK?

if ur medical requested by co then maybe u will get the grant within one month

What does the OP's timeline or country of residence have to do with his question?

How do you know that he will get a grant within one month? Are you his case officer?

Please don't post things like this. It's misleading and incorrect. And has been said here dozens - no hundreds - of times, your timeline has nothing to do with anything!

stream Nov 26th 2010 9:26 am

Originally Posted by Dorothy (Post 9005114)
What does the OP's timeline or country of residence have to do with his question?

How do you know that he will get a grant within one month? Are you his case officer?

Please don't post things like this. It's misleading and incorrect. And has been said here dozens - no hundreds - of times, your timeline has nothing to do with anything!

Dear Dorothy

what do you think about my question. Please let me know if the medicals are complete or not by the status.

Dorothy Nov 26th 2010 9:27 am

It really makes absolutely no difference. If your case officer wants you to have further medical tests he/she will request it. If not they won't. Easy peasy.

Stop stressing so much about every little thing. There is nothing you or anyone can do to change the processing of your application or status page.

stream Nov 26th 2010 9:41 am

Originally Posted by Dorothy (Post 9005119)
It really makes absolutely no difference. If your case officer wants you to have further medical tests he/she will request it. If not they won't. Easy peasy.

Stop stressing so much about every little thing. There is nothing you or anyone can do to change the processing of your application or status page.

I think you are getting little tough on me. my simple question was the status is showing medical referred further on 16/11/10 and on the same side it is stated medical finalised on 25/11/10.
you see this forum is for all type of such queries and not discussing any receipes so you should not be so stern about such questions.

tatoo Nov 26th 2010 10:15 am

if your online status shows finalized then it means they have checked your medical results and if u wil not get any further medical test request then hopefully your medical will be ok.

Originally Posted by stream (Post 9005131)
I think you are getting little tough on me. my simple question was the status is showing medical referred further on 16/11/10 and on the same side it is stated medical finalised on 25/11/10.
you see this forum is for all type of such queries and not discussing any receipes so you should not be so stern about such questions.

tatoo Nov 26th 2010 10:21 am

Dear Dorothy,

Thanks for your comments. Actually it is the genral trend observed from this forum that visa will be grant once the medical finalized.

There are two categories observed one is LR (Low Risk) country applicants and others are HR (High Risk) country applicants.

For HR countries applicants it will take more time to finalized the application after medical request. Thats why i asked him for timelines.

I hope you understand

Originally Posted by Dorothy (Post 9005114)

stream Nov 26th 2010 10:26 am

Originally Posted by tatoo (Post 9005158)
if your online status shows finalized then it means they have checked your medical results and if u wil not get any further medical test request then hopefully your medical will be ok.

thanks alot.
as far as my time line is concerned i am from HR country
applied in june 2009
form 80 requested in nov 2009
medical and pcc requested in Oct 2009

tatoo Nov 26th 2010 10:57 am

please keep us updated about your case

wish u good luck

Originally Posted by stream (Post 9005169)
thanks alot.
as far as my time line is concerned i am from HR country
applied in june 2009
form 80 requested in nov 2009
medical and pcc requested in Oct 2009

gh_be_aussie Nov 26th 2010 5:37 pm

No way man to go for further tests untill your CO asks you. Do not go by these statuses.. follow your CO , consult your CO... He/She is the best person to guide you . Btw finalized mean referral on 16 has finalize on 25...

stream Nov 27th 2010 3:17 am

Originally Posted by tatoo (Post 9005208)
please keep us updated about your case

wish u good luck

thanks and best of luck to you too.

mrsgreenstar76 Nov 27th 2010 10:17 am

Originally Posted by tatoo (Post 9005166)
Dear Dorothy,

Thanks for your comments. Actually it is the genral trend observed from this forum that visa will be grant once the medical finalized.

There are two categories observed one is LR (Low Risk) country applicants and others are HR (High Risk) country applicants.

For HR countries applicants it will take more time to finalized the application after medical request. Thats why i asked him for timelines.

I hope you understand

Not necessarily the case actually. Our meds have been finalised for over 18 months. So having them finalised and receiving the grant soon thereafter isn't always the case. Timelines are irrelevant (particularly since it isn't a timeline site). Each case is different and you can't assume (or give someone else the impression that) their grant will be soon.

Bermudashorts Nov 27th 2010 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by tatoo (Post 9005166)

I hope you understand

I don't understand. I haver never noticed that HR files take longer to process than LR files post medical. Certainly they can take longer overall, but nothing to do with medical.

You asked for a timeline because I think it is an automatic response of some on this forum, never mind what the topic is, never mind the question, just got to make sure everyone posts their timeline. :rolleyes:

iamthecreaturefromuranus Nov 27th 2010 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts (Post 9007422)
You asked for a timeline because I think it is an automatic response of some on this forum, never mind what the topic is, never mind the question, just got to make sure everyone posts their timeline. :rolleyes:

Can you show me a timeline please highlighting the points where you reached those conclusions.... case officers name would be nice as well.
It wasn't Wanda Rinn by any chance?