Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

statement question for defacto visa - v confused

Wikiposts

statement question for defacto visa - v confused

Old Aug 12th 2006, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

emsie has much to be proud ofemsie has much to be proud ofemsie has much to be proud ofemsie has much to be proud ofemsie has much to be proud ofemsie has much to be proud ofemsie has much to be proud ofemsie has much to be proud ofemsie has much to be proud ofemsie has much to be proud ofemsie has much to be proud of
Default statement question for defacto visa - v confused

I've tried searching through this forum on this topic but have just ended up getting very confused!!

I'm applying in england for a defacto spouse visa and aswell as getting the 888 forms done by australians, i also want to include statements from my friends and family in england.

can we just get friends to type a statement and get it witnessed or do they have to get all the legal wording on it? I read on one thread that the rules had changed on 01 June 06?

Has anyone recently applied/or is anyone else going to be applying in the next month or so for this visa? If so what did you do?
Old Aug 12th 2006, 10:20 pm
Visa Granted - yahoo!

PrincessUK is just really nicePrincessUK is just really nicePrincessUK is just really nicePrincessUK is just really nicePrincessUK is just really nicePrincessUK is just really nicePrincessUK is just really nicePrincessUK is just really nicePrincessUK is just really nicePrincessUK is just really nicePrincessUK is just really nice
Default Re: statement question for defacto visa - v confused

Originally Posted by emsie
I've tried searching through this forum on this topic but have just ended up getting very confused!!

I'm applying in england for a defacto spouse visa and aswell as getting the 888 forms done by australians, i also want to include statements from my friends and family in england.

can we just get friends to type a statement and get it witnessed or do they have to get all the legal wording on it? I read on one thread that the rules had changed on 01 June 06?

Has anyone recently applied/or is anyone else going to be applying in the next month or so for this visa? If so what did you do?

Hi - I was going to include statements from family here in the UK but decided not to in the end, but from what I understood you can get them to write it on normal paper and just get it witnessed.
Old Aug 12th 2006, 10:40 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Emsie,

The form 888 is just a statutory declaration. You could get your friends in the UK to do stat decs according to the UK requirements.

Seems like you're doing quite well with the application btw.

Cheers,

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au
Old Aug 12th 2006, 10:48 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PrincessUK
Hi - I was going to include statements from family here in the UK but decided not to in the end, but from what I understood you can get them to write it on normal paper and just get it witnessed.
The main thing you need to know is that any Stat Decs from Aussies have to be on form 888 and accompanied by proof that they are an Aussie. (passport etc)

Last edited by Pollyana; Aug 12th 2006 at 10:55 pm.
Old Aug 12th 2006, 10:57 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
The main thing you need to know is that any Stat Decs from Aussies have to be on form 888 and accompanied by proof that they are an Aussie. (passport etc)
Or an Australian permanent resident :-)

Peter
Old Aug 12th 2006, 11:45 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ptlabs
Or an Australian permanent resident :-)

Peter
Polly bows to superior knowledge
You're right of course Peter, should've expanded my answer
Old Aug 13th 2006, 12:30 am
Forum Regular

emsie has much to be proud ofemsie has much to be proud ofemsie has much to be proud ofemsie has much to be proud ofemsie has much to be proud ofemsie has much to be proud ofemsie has much to be proud ofemsie has much to be proud ofemsie has much to be proud ofemsie has much to be proud ofemsie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Polly bows to superior knowledge
You're right of course Peter, should've expanded my answer
Thanks for all the responses. I've got the aussie ones sorted (i think!) I hoping to get 4 from australian citizens with proof of citizenship attached. i'm going to get a few english statements as i would rather put as much info as i can in my application - better to have too much than not enough is what i'm thinking.
Old Aug 13th 2006, 8:13 am
Back in OZ!

ElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for all the responses. I've got the aussie ones sorted (i think!) I hoping to get 4 from australian citizens with proof of citizenship attached. i'm going to get a few english statements as i would rather put as much info as i can in my application - better to have too much than not enough is what i'm thinking.
I had 2 from Australian friends/family and 3 regular letters from British friends/family.

Our CO has asked for my OH to get an Australian Police Clearance as he has spent 12 months+ in total during his working visa (in 1998/99) and our holidays over the years. We are waiting on that (should have arrived in OZ 2 weeks ago on Monday) and then we can send that on to his CO. We frontloaded the meds and UK police clearance.

I am the one sponsoring him! Getting really antsy now - just want the police clearance back.....

Good Luck