Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

State Sponsorship/SMP Northern Territory (merged threads)

State Sponsorship/SMP Northern Territory (merged threads)

Old Nov 16th 2010, 2:56 am
Account Closed

rohithnj is an unknown quantity at this point
Default State Sponsorship/SMP Northern Territory (merged threads)

Hi,

I wanted to know if its compulsory to bring about AUD 35K for getting the sponsorship from NT for Regional Sponsor Scheme (Provisional) for Subclass 475.

And till what time is the current Migration plan of NT valid?

Thanks
Rohit
Old Nov 17th 2010, 4:42 am
Forum Regular

snindika is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sponsorship from Northern Territory

No need to bring 35K $ as money. You have to show your funds as money or assets. Since SMP of NT has not been released, unable to predict a deadline.

Regards,
Snindika
Old Nov 17th 2010, 5:19 am
Account Closed

rohithnj is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I did my 3 years articleship in Deloitte Bangalore. Continued for 2 months in the Statutory audit department post articleship.

Worked for 4 months in ICICI Bank in the Credit Ratings department.

At present working in a manufacturing company as a Finance Manager.(Since Sep 2010)

So I have only 2 months(Deloitte) + 2 months(Present company) work experience as I believe experience of ICICI Bank will not be considered.

I will have to wait 8 more months for the basic requirement of 1 year work experience. By Jul 2011, I will be applying for 457 visa if i dont get the required points for 175/176.

I wanted to know -

1) I will not be able to show AUD 35k either in money or assets. Will I be still considered for sponsorship. I dont have any relatives or friends in Australia.
2) How difficult is it to find an employer who is willing to sponsor? I have done Dip in IFR from ACCA and am associate member of CPA Australia along with CA India.
3) Am taking the IELTS test next week. How hard is it to score 8 in all? Or 7 in all?

Will be very grateful if you could clarify on the above.
Old Nov 17th 2010, 7:42 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rohithnj
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I did my 3 years articleship in Deloitte Bangalore. Continued for 2 months in the Statutory audit department post articleship.

At present working in a manufacturing company as a Finance Manager.(Since Sep 2010)

So I have only 2 months(Deloitte) + 2 months(Present company) work experience as I believe experience of ICICI Bank will not be considered.

I will have to wait 8 more months for the basic requirement of 1 year work experience. By Jul 2011, I will be applying for 457 visa if i dont get the required points for 175/176.

I wanted to know -

1) I will not be able to show AUD 35k either in money or assets. Will I be still considered for sponsorship. I dont have any relatives or friends in Australia.
2) How difficult is it to find an employer who is willing to sponsor? I have done Dip in IFR from ACCA and am associate member of CPA Australia along with CA India.
3) Am taking the IELTS test next week. How hard is it to score 8 in all? Or 7 in all?

If NT ask for $35k then thats what you will need to show. They need to be sure that migrants can support themselves.
Old Nov 17th 2010, 8:27 am
Forum Regular

Joy.Please has a spectacular aura aboutJoy.Please has a spectacular aura aboutJoy.Please has a spectacular aura about

Not an expert on Accountancy situation in Oz but can offer general suggestions.

1) No idea. Write an email to NT and ask - they might be amenable to sponsor younger candidates with lesser funds, who knows. And look for states with less stringent conditions.

2) Accountancy is still on SOL. In other words, it's in demand. But getting a sponsor while based in India is well nigh impossible. But I may be wrong - they do recruit teachers from there without a tete a tete.

3) You're assessing the test's difficulty level just a week before. Shows you're not giving it the respect it deserves. From your background it looks as if it won't be difficult for you to get an 8+ in all sections. But I would warn you about the writing part.

You're new here - so you don't know that non-Brits are not that welcome here. Try to get onto other forums for advice.

I am an IT coolie - here on 457 with an overall 8 in IELTS (not in writing).

Originally Posted by rohithnj
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I wanted to know -

Old Nov 17th 2010, 8:39 am
Just Joined

HETA85 is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear all,

According to State sponsorship 176 to northern territory, must I have a job offer in northern territory or only to have my occupation on the state migration plan cause it is written that all applicants for Northern Territory sponsorship will be required to demonstrate that they have positive employment prospects in the Northern Territory.Someone clarify please
Thank you
Old Nov 18th 2010, 7:31 am
Just Joined

Dear all,

Check this link by DIAC and you will find that Northern Territory has announced their state migration plan but I can't find that on their website.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...tate-plans.htm
Old Nov 18th 2010, 7:48 am
BE Enthusiast

QLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really nice
Default State Migration Plans that have commenced- NT SMP announced

State Migration Plans

State Migration Plans are being introduced for each state and territory over the coming months.

The plans will provide state and territory governments with flexibility within the Migration Program to address specific skill shortages and local labour market needs as each agreement will be tailored to the individual requirements of each jurisdiction.
State Migration Plans that have commenced

The following table lists the implementation date of the State Migration Plans for each state and territory.
State Date
Australian Capital Territory 5 November 2010
New South Wales TBA
Northern Territory 17 November 2010
Queensland TBA
South Australia TBA
Tasmania TBA
Victoria 3 November 2010
Western Australia TBA

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...tate-plans.htm
Old Nov 18th 2010, 7:53 am
Just Joined

Default Re: State Migration Plans that have commenced- NT SMP announced

Can't find the Northern Territory plan on their website((((
Old Nov 18th 2010, 11:37 am
Shafaqat Ali

shafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by HETA85
Dear all,

According to State sponsorship 176 to northern territory, must I have a job offer in northern territory or only to have my occupation on the state migration plan cause it is written that all applicants for Northern Territory sponsorship will be required to demonstrate that they have positive employment prospects in the Northern Territory.Someone clarify please
Thank you
Your occupation need to be on State Migration Plan list, no need to get a jof offer.
Old Nov 19th 2010, 12:08 am
Just Joined

chencaoxi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: State Migration Plans that have commenced- NT SMP announced

Originally Posted by HETA85
Can't find the Northern Territory plan on their website((((
me neither
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 7:40 am
BE Enthusiast

tejas is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NT SMP OUT

http://www.migration.nt.gov.au/docum...ge_List_FA.pdf
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 8:02 am
Shafaqat Ali

shafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: NT SMP OUT

thanx for sharing
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 8:05 am
Premium Member

armandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nice
Default Re: NT SMP OUT

That's some gr8 news out there for those waiting to move to NT!!

armandra!
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 10:27 am
Forum Regular

Location: The world is a global village, so why we need a location?
awan is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Northern Territory SMP available

Friends, NT has issued their SMP, check out the link

http://www.migration.nt.gov.au/docum...ge_List_FA.pdf

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.