state sponsorship questions

Old Jun 15th 2008, 8:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

melbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to all
Default Re: state sponsorship questions

Hi,
Yes, we did put that amount down on the application but like yourself, it would be from the sale of the house and savings, if I'd know that it would be based on that, we would have put less!!! The agreement states "you transfer around $240000 into Western Australia for living costs and domestic arrangements". When we discussed this with the sponsorship office, they just said that we would need enough to cover living arrangements for 6 months and it didn't matter whether it was tied up in funds or equity, she said nothing about having the cash to transfer!! Perhaps they think we're high maintenance!!!!!

Thanks for your help though, it's appreciated!

Mel
Old Jun 15th 2008, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

twinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nice

Originally Posted by melbert
Hi,
Yes, we did put that amount down on the application but like yourself, it would be from the sale of the house and savings, if I'd know that it would be based on that, we would have put less!!! The agreement states "you transfer around $240000 into Western Australia for living costs and domestic arrangements". When we discussed this with the sponsorship office, they just said that we would need enough to cover living arrangements for 6 months and it didn't matter whether it was tied up in funds or equity, she said nothing about having the cash to transfer!! Perhaps they think we're high maintenance!!!!!

Thanks for your help though, it's appreciated!

Mel
I wouldn't worry about the amount too much. As it is coming from equity in a house, anything can happen. I think that they just want to make sure that you can support yourself for the first while, as you are aware that as a PR you are entitled to medicare, but other benefits such as EI are not available for two years.

I know that we won't be having quite as much, as one of my RRSP's has to be locked in and stay in Canada until I am 65, I found that out after the fact.

Karen
Old Jun 15th 2008, 9:42 pm
Just Joined

lisa.e is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Sandy, my OH is classed as a fitter & is on their list. Maybe they fast track the most wanted skill's first, I don't know. Seems strange how some get answers in a couple of weeks or even day's & others wait the full 8 weeks. I was thinking we should hear this coming week but I'm not so sure now!

On the other note of depostiting funds, if that is true then we may also be in trouble, as our house may not sell in todays climate. Might be different for Victoria though, but if we do get sposorship I'll be checking the small print carefully.

Lisa
Old Jun 16th 2008, 8:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sandy.l is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by lisa.e
Hello Sandy, my OH is classed as a fitter & is on their list. Maybe they fast track the most wanted skill's first, I don't know. Seems strange how some get answers in a couple of weeks or even day's & others wait the full 8 weeks. I was thinking we should hear this coming week but I'm not so sure now!

On the other note of depostiting funds, if that is true then we may also be in trouble, as our house may not sell in todays climate. Might be different for Victoria though, but if we do get sposorship I'll be checking the small print carefully.

Lisa

Thanks Lisa, I hope you hear soon, and I hope it's a positive! I'll let you know if we hear anything on this thread.

We are the same with the house sale, worried about whether it will sell, and there are a few similar that are on the market at a much lower rate than I was hoping to get, although they are not identical, the figures are quite indicative of potential selling price. Ours will just have to be the best!! (Paint brushes at the ready!!)

Sandy
Old Jun 17th 2008, 4:37 pm
Forum Regular

helenandrob will become famous soon enough

Hi Again,
I cant beleive you have not had a response yet from Victoria - I really feel for you, It is nail biting and sooo frustrating running to the computer every morning. I really hope you get your answers soon - if it helps my OH is a solid plasterer with an Australian Qualification but I cant see that making much difference. But who knows???
As to the money side of things I have just re-read my email form Victoria and I cant see it saying anywhere that we have to deposit any money, in fact I didnt see a money figure anywhere on it so I dont think we need to worry on that score.
My sister is in Geelong at the moment, she is renting a holiday home for 7 weeks while she looks at the the areas. She says 1st impressions are good, she is not staying in Geelong tho - a bit too residential for her. She also said that the people there are so so friendly and really really helpful which is nice. She had an easy ride with her visa tho cos she was born in Australia (Jammy cow), I went out when I was 4 months old and returned when I was 9 so I dont remeber a lot.
Good luck and I will be checking this post daily now in sympathy for you.!!!!
Best wishes
Helen
Old Jun 17th 2008, 8:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

melbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to all

We have emailed the state sponsorship bureau with regards to the money and whether we have to bring it in within a timescale, here's the reply!

"With regards to the amount of funds to be transferred, that is really up to you. All the State asks is that you have sufficient funds when you arrive to maintain a lifestyle for yourself and family members until such time you have been able to secure employment."

Hope this puts everyones minds at rest a bit, we were a bit worried, so thought we'd confirm it!!

Hope you hear soon, but they really are nice people and don't mind you chasing them up!! Drop them a line, you've got nothing to lose!

Good luck!

Mel
Old Jun 17th 2008, 10:01 pm
Forum Regular

twinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nice

We have emailed the state sponsorship bureau with regards to the money and whether we have to bring it in within a timescale, here's the reply!

"With regards to the amount of funds to be transferred, that is really up to you. All the State asks is that you have sufficient funds when you arrive to maintain a lifestyle for yourself and family members until such time you have been able to secure employment."

Hope this puts everyones minds at rest a bit, we were a bit worried, so thought we'd confirm it!!

Hope you hear soon, but they really are nice people and don't mind you chasing them up!! Drop them a line, you've got nothing to lose!

Good luck!

Mel
Thanks for checking into that Mel. I didn't think it was going to be an issue. Have you already applied for your 176 visa yet??? We applied for ours straight away after , now just the waiting game. Best of luck with your application.

Karen
Old Jun 18th 2008, 12:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Our visa application is done, just waiting for daughters father to sign declaration for us to take her, then we can attach that along with marriage cert, and anything else that we don't know about yet!!! Then it's ready for the off!!! Where are you looking at going to?

Mel
Old Jun 18th 2008, 2:18 pm
Forum Regular

Our visa application is done, just waiting for daughters father to sign declaration for us to take her, then we can attach that along with marriage cert, and anything else that we don't know about yet!!! Then it's ready for the off!!! Where are you looking at going to?

Mel

We had three areas to chose, one being Peel. So it looks like we are headed to Mandurah. We have a very straightforward application, no divorces or custody issues. I have sent every supporting docs and we have had our medicals done and our police checks. Just waiting for that golden ticket.

Karen
Old Jun 18th 2008, 8:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

When we talked to them about areas, they said that we could be in any area in and around Perth, it didn't have to be outside by a particular distance, so we are looking at the north suburbs, we have just come back from a visit and we stayed in Clarkson, it was a good location as there is a train station there, good facilities and a 5 minute drive to the beach!!! There are, however, so many suburbs to chose from, it's a really hard decision. Have you visited before?

Mel
Old Jun 18th 2008, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

When we talked to them about areas, they said that we could be in any area in and around Perth, it didn't have to be outside by a particular distance, so we are looking at the north suburbs, we have just come back from a visit and we stayed in Clarkson, it was a good location as there is a train station there, good facilities and a 5 minute drive to the beach!!! There are, however, so many suburbs to chose from, it's a really hard decision. Have you visited before?

Mel
Never been to Australia in our lives. It will be a brand new experience for us. Used to big countries though, living in Canada you have to travel to get anywhere. I have a few people I know down there, that I have met online, so it is nice getting their point of view. One of them is a Canadian, so she was really helpful, in letting me know about the similarities between Australia and Canada.

Mandurah looks really nice from the web, and I posted a forum under WA here and got alot of positive responses about the area.

We were originally looking NOR too when we were looking at Perth. We also looked at Clarkson, it seemed nice.

Karen
Old Jun 21st 2008, 10:13 pm
Just Joined

mmarkmet is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by twinsmom65
Hi Lisa,

We were in exactly the same boat, when we first looked at apply had 120 points then after leaving it for a month or two, OH turned 40 and volia lost 5 points so didn't qualify for the 175 visa. Had 2 options... sit the IELTS test and hopefully pass or apply for state sponsorship... Well as you can tell OH did not want to sit the IELTS for some strange reason, so we applied online for State Sponsorship through the WA government. Really easy, we have never been to Australia before and don't know anyone down there. I researched like crazy about the cost of living in WA, so I knew quite a bit before we applied. We applied online on May 9th (got an email on May 12/08 requesting OH's CV as it did not come with the application .. damn Windows Vista. so sent it off same day) and got an email back on May 15th saying yes were were approved to apply for the 176 visa.

So all in all from the time they got OH's CV it only took 3 days for them to approve us. So now we are already onto the next step, applied already for the 176 visa.

I don't know about Victoria, but WA wanted to know how much money we were bringing into the country. If there is a question like that on your online form, I would suggest calling the Victoria Government and asking them what the minimum is. I know the only reason WA requests an amount is that even when you are granted PR, you are not eligble for benefits for a two year period (medicare is different and you qualify straight away), however other benefits such as EI and stuff will not be available to you straight away, and they just want to make sure that you can support yourselves in the event you do not get a job right away.

Hope this helps, if you need more info on State Sponsorship, by all means PM me and I can help walk you through it.

Cheers

Karen
Hi there Karen
my name is chris, and we are just beginning the sponsorship process. wandered if you would be kind enough to tell me what is involved in the pro forma that the sponsorship requests after submitting the application form. Do you need to prove the assets that you are declaring, or does someone just witness what you are declaring, only we were not sure how you would prove the value of property and cars. Also who can witness for you. Not too happy that someone has to witness this personal information. Any info would be much appreciated.

Thank you
Chris T
Old Jun 21st 2008, 11:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mmarkmet
Hi there Karen
my name is chris, and we are just beginning the sponsorship process. wandered if you would be kind enough to tell me what is involved in the pro forma that the sponsorship requests after submitting the application form. Do you need to prove the assets that you are declaring, or does someone just witness what you are declaring, only we were not sure how you would prove the value of property and cars. Also who can witness for you. Not too happy that someone has to witness this personal information. Any info would be much appreciated.

Thank you
Chris T

Chris are you doing an online application or paper based. For WA sponsorship, we did the process online, as far as the amount of money we are bringing in with us, we just put an amount down and said that it would be coming from the sale of our house and cashing in mutual funds. I would think that you could get anyone to witness for you. If you can apply online, it is a much easier process. Also you can then apply for the 176 online once you have received state approval.

We have not used an agent and I did not find the process that difficult. If you need further help just PM me and I will try and walk you through the process.

Cheers

Karen
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 11:45 am
Just Joined

mmarkmet is an unknown quantity at this point

Chris are you doing an online application or paper based. For WA sponsorship, we did the process online, as far as the amount of money we are bringing in with us, we just put an amount down and said that it would be coming from the sale of our house and cashing in mutual funds. I would think that you could get anyone to witness for you. If you can apply online, it is a much easier process. Also you can then apply for the 176 online once you have received state approval.

We have not used an agent and I did not find the process that difficult. If you need further help just PM me and I will try and walk you through the process.

Cheers

Karen
Hi there Karen
thankyou for getting back to me with info. Do you know if it is the same rules for South Australia under 475 visa which is the one we applied for. We do have an agent who will probably will be able to answer these questions for us, but seeing as it is the weekend and we are not able to get a hold of him until monday, i didnt want to worry about it all weekend. I was also thinking if it was just a case of us putting estimated funds on the form, my boss is an Head Teacher, and wondered whether she may be able to witness it. Any ideas on this.

Thanks again
Chris T
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 1:30 pm
Forum Regular

Escaussie is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers

Karen

have you ask for the free brochure from SA government?
I have one and you can learn heaps from it.

regarding the amount, In WA, QLD and VIC the minimum I guess is AU$20,000 , I used it in WA and I got positive sponsorship as 176. In QLD and Vic, it is ask how are you going to sustain yourself if you are bringing less than 20K.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.