State sponsorship not employer sponsorship

Old Jun 9th 2009, 7:51 am
Just Joined

Mrsyorkie1969 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default State sponsorship not employer sponsorship

Has anyone had any dealings with this and is it pretty straight forward. Eventhough hubs is in the Architecture business, he's not an actual architect (degree stuff) but an architectural technician. (which in my book is still very important!) So, not being the fully fledged Architect, he loses 20 points taking him just below the 100 threshold. I've just had an email recomending he apply for state sponsorship. Would this mean he is sponsored by the Australian state and enter without work (heaven forbid) rather than trying to find an employer to sponsor him eventhough we may not be in the country for another 18 months!!! I mean, who leaves a job open that long??
Thanks.
Old Jun 9th 2009, 10:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Rodger_lawson is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: State sponsorship not employer sponsorship

Originally Posted by Mrsyorkie1969
Has anyone had any dealings with this and is it pretty straight forward. Eventhough hubs is in the Architecture business, he's not an actual architect (degree stuff) but an architectural technician. (which in my book is still very important!) So, not being the fully fledged Architect, he loses 20 points taking him just below the 100 threshold. I've just had an email recomending he apply for state sponsorship. Would this mean he is sponsored by the Australian state and enter without work (heaven forbid) rather than trying to find an employer to sponsor him eventhough we may not be in the country for another 18 months!!! I mean, who leaves a job open that long??
Thanks.
i think you'd need 100 points even with a state sponsorship. you may want to boost your app with a 7 in each IELTS score.

state sponsorship has two major things to be considered.
one: your skillset is on their skill on demand list and the applicant satisfies other rules
two: applicant agrees to live in the state for a minimum of two year period.

And considering that with state sponsorship, the application might get processed relatively quickly, you may want to check it out.
Old Jun 9th 2009, 11:07 am
Just Joined

Thank you very much, Roger.
Old Jun 9th 2009, 11:58 am
Reg. Migration Agent

SD_MOA is just really niceSD_MOA is just really niceSD_MOA is just really niceSD_MOA is just really niceSD_MOA is just really niceSD_MOA is just really niceSD_MOA is just really niceSD_MOA is just really niceSD_MOA is just really nice

Originally Posted by Mrsyorkie1969
Thank you very much, Roger.
Hello Mrs Yorkie,
Roger is correct you do need 100 points for a SC176 State Sponsorship but the states give up 10 points so you only need 90. I presume that your husband has at least a Diploma because he will need that for Vetassess. A number of states are currently sponsoring your husband’s skills so that would be the way to go as it is by far the quickest.

Feel free to PM me if you need more information.

Regards
Old Jun 9th 2009, 12:13 pm
Just Joined

Fantastic SD, good to hear. I am sure Mr. Yorkie will be in touch!