State Sponsored but not CSL?

Old Oct 4th 2009, 11:39 am
Forum Regular

Sunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to all
Default State Sponsored but not CSL?

Okay, apologies if this has already been asked, but are there any others out there who have already been granted state sponsorship but with a nominated occupation which is not on the CSL?

My question is, what have you been told by your agent (if you have one)?

We have been told that we are still priority processing (number 5 on the Sep 23rd guidelines) and that we are still on track to get our visa in December - we have our medicals booked for next week. Obviously our agent cannot guarantee when or even if we will get our visa, but he has categorically stated that our application does not fall under the 2012 processing lot, and that we should go ahead with our meds as he fully expects the visa to be granted in December.

Has anybody been told something different by a professional agent?

I'm sure I read earlier that some people had been told differently (though I could be wrong as I can't find that post now). Obviously I'm panicking a bit. Thanks.
Old Oct 4th 2009, 11:57 am
Forum Regular

navigatoru will become famous soon enough
Default Re: State Sponsored but not CSL?

sunshine,

I am in the same situation like you. I have a sponsorship from WA Government, my job is not on CSL, the CO asked for medicals on 17 august 2009, on 21.09.2009 my medicals was finalized, and on 23.09.2009 the new order of processing applications was launched by the DIAC.

It was a matter of days to get the visa, but this is the life.

I will be happy if your agent is right, because in this situation I have some chances to get the visa sooner than 2012.

good luck
Old Oct 4th 2009, 12:09 pm
Forum Regular

Sunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to all

Good luck to you as well, and lets just hope my agent is correct

Anybody else?
Old Oct 4th 2009, 12:16 pm
Forum Regular

edmontron is a glorious beacon of lightedmontron is a glorious beacon of lightedmontron is a glorious beacon of lightedmontron is a glorious beacon of lightedmontron is a glorious beacon of lightedmontron is a glorious beacon of lightedmontron is a glorious beacon of lightedmontron is a glorious beacon of lightedmontron is a glorious beacon of lightedmontron is a glorious beacon of lightedmontron is a glorious beacon of light

We are in the same situation, state sponsored, not CSL, CO on the case since July... visa grant supposedly only days away - until Sept 23rd... spoke to DIAC last week and they didn't reassure me at all, they only told me that this change may well mean everything is on hold for three years; so if your agent knows better I wish it were true! That said, since the Skilled Independent visas were put on hold earlier this year (and therefore everybody going the SS route) looking at people's time lines and from BE posts, PR visas 175 still seem to be granted, so just maybe they still come through - with a few more months delay? Personally I'm again considering going to Canada - but this time only with a PR visa in hand!
Old Oct 4th 2009, 12:28 pm
Forum Regular

I'm sure he must be correct - it's his job after all and it's what we are paying for. I'm just feeling panicky I think with the meds coming up and all the confusion that seems to be flying around.
Old Oct 4th 2009, 5:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

wookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Sunshine7
I'm sure he must be correct - it's his job after all and it's what we are paying for. I'm just feeling panicky I think with the meds coming up and all the confusion that seems to be flying around.
I would contact the DIAC direct, as its been know some Agents are not update on this development or dont understand the impact on the application. I know a guy who got a ss from Queenslland with a trade not on the CSL. Had the medicals in July. He visa was sent to be issued late September. But was told its now on hold. Untill further notice
Old Oct 4th 2009, 5:26 pm
Forum Regular

I know that can be a retoric wondering, but I don't understand why the minister takes this decision regarding the SS applications.

For God sake every state has just 500 visas per year that can be given. Thinking of this, there will be 3000 visas that can be awarded for the SS applications in Australia. This number seems to be a insignifiant as compared with the total number of visas that will be awarded into a year (around 100.000 visas like in the 2008-2009 fiscal year).

For me is a strange thing. I saw on a lot of forums that this dorective can be in a election year, but ... wtf ?:O

But ... we want to be there not them, and this can be an answer for me ...

good look for all ...
marius
Old Oct 4th 2009, 5:28 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by navigatoru
I know that can be a retoric wondering, but I don't understand why the minister takes this decision regarding the SS applications.

For God sake every state has just 500 visas per year that can be given. Thinking of this, there will be 3000 visas that can be awarded for the SS applications in Australia. This number seems to be a insignifiant as compared with the total number of visas that will be awarded into a year (around 100.000 visas like in the 2008-2009 fiscal year).

For me is a strange thing. I saw on a lot of forums that this dorective can be in a election year, but ... wtf ?:O

But ... we want to be there not them, and this can be an answer for me ...

good look for all ...
marius
The figure you're quoting, of 500, is for 'off-list nominations', the actual amount of state sponsorship visas available would, up until now, have been much much more than that.
Old Oct 4th 2009, 5:38 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
The figure you're quoting, of 500, is for 'off-list nominations', the actual amount of state sponsorship visas available would, up until now, have been much much more than that.
really ?:O:O:O

I didn't know this. For me was a strange thing, but now if you say this I starting to understand a little bit.

Please, can you define 'off-list nominations' ? Or if you have a link ... because seems taht I am little bit stupid ? ...
Old Oct 4th 2009, 5:48 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

really ?:O:O:O

I didn't know this. For me was a strange thing, but now if you say this I starting to understand a little bit.

Please, can you define 'off-list nominations' ? Or if you have a link ... because seems taht I am little bit stupid ? ...
Couldn't find anything concrete, but if you go to the top of the page and click search - advanced search and type in off-list nominations you'll find other threads where it's discussed. An off-list nomination is more or less someone like myself (Primary School Teacher) who has an occupation on the SOL but who is not on any of the states lists of occupations, trying to apply to that state anyway. Most states do it, but I've heard Victoria don't. It doesn't really mean any benefit now anyways since the September 23rd changes...so not much point in going down that route if you're not on the CSL.
Old Oct 4th 2009, 6:08 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
Couldn't find anything concrete, but if you go to the top of the page and click search - advanced search and type in off-list nominations you'll find other threads where it's discussed. An off-list nomination is more or less someone like myself (Primary School Teacher) who has an occupation on the SOL but who is not on any of the states lists of occupations, trying to apply to that state anyway. Most states do it, but I've heard Victoria don't. It doesn't really mean any benefit now anyways since the September 23rd changes...so not much point in going down that route if you're not on the CSL.
and you say that a nominated occupation like 2231-79 computing professional nec (network engineer), no modl, no csl, is off-list nomination? And for the rest guys that are on the skills list in demand for every state doesn't matter about this number (500)?

let me understand better, if we are on "off list nomination" we fit in the 500 visas, and all the rest that are on the skills list in demand can override this number ? :O:O:O

this is a bad news for me. I think that I didn't read well the regulations .

I thought that if I have a SS from a state I am fitting into the maximum number of the SS that a state can give (500) ... but I think that I am wrong ... my god, what misunderstanding, how many dreams gone ... but this is it ...

I hope that something will be change in the next future.

good luck to you all
marius
Old Oct 4th 2009, 6:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

freebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond repute

and you say that a nominated occupation like 2231-79 computing professional nec (network engineer), no modl, no csl, is off-list nomination? And for the rest guys that are on the skills list in demand for every state doesn't matter about this number (500)?

let me understand better, if we are on "off list nomination" we fit in the 500 visas, and all the rest that are on the skills list in demand can override this number ? :O:O:O

this is a bad news for me. I think that I didn't read well the regulations .

I thought that if I have a SS from a state I am fitting into the maximum number of the SS that a state can give (500) ... but I think that I am wrong ... my god, what misunderstanding, how many dreams gone ... but this is it ...

I hope that something will be change in the next future.

good luck to you all
marius
As far as I know the 500 is indeed "off list" and allows people not on one of the "lists" (SOL, MODL, CSL) to me sponsored by a state. As Jen says the number of "on-list" sponsorships available to each state is very much larger (at least many thousands), I'm not even sure if there is an imposed limit to them.

Good luck to all too!

Last edited by freebo; Oct 4th 2009 at 6:21 pm. Reason: Sounded impersonal
Old Oct 4th 2009, 6:26 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by freebo
As far as I know the 500 is indeed "off list" and allows people not on one of the "lists" (SOL, MODL, CSL) to me sponsored by a state. As Jen says the number of "on-list" sponsorships available to each state is very much larger (at least many thousands), I'm not even sure if there is an imposed limit to them.
Now I understand this. It is a bad news for me. And off course for all the guys in my situation.
Maybe something will be change in the next future, but I don't think so because I noticed that with every new change in the immigration regulation, the situation is worse.

At this moment I have another 3 years to wait, because a finding of a employer to sponsorship me has a few chances (0.00000000001%).
Old Oct 4th 2009, 8:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

freebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond repute

Now I understand this. It is a bad news for me. And off course for all the guys in my situation.
Maybe something will be change in the next future, but I don't think so because I noticed that with every new change in the immigration regulation, the situation is worse.

At this moment I have another 3 years to wait, because a finding of a employer to sponsorship me has a few chances (0.00000000001%).
As a Network Engineer can you get an ACS approval for experience on the CSL? If you could do that it would make a huge difference, you would not need sponsorship and be eligible for a quite high priority 175 or 176.
Old Oct 4th 2009, 8:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Sunshine7
Sorry to the OP, we've drifted from your original post, guess you need to take your agents advice as you say thats what you're paying for, but I'd also advise reading the thread about changes to State Sponsored priorities so you can ask the most appropriate questions, if you are able to contact your Case Officer it may be also worth re-confirming that now is a good time to take your meds.

Best of luck,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.