State Sponsored applications 176

Old Aug 4th 2008, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

plumbobs has much to be proud ofplumbobs has much to be proud ofplumbobs has much to be proud ofplumbobs has much to be proud ofplumbobs has much to be proud ofplumbobs has much to be proud ofplumbobs has much to be proud ofplumbobs has much to be proud ofplumbobs has much to be proud ofplumbobs has much to be proud ofplumbobs has much to be proud of
Default State Sponsored applications 176

Hi,
Just a quick thread on State sponsored applications, does anybody have any idea how long the application process takes from submitting application to grant taking place?
Passed plumbing vetassess 15th July, state sponsored 176 applied for beginning of August for Western Australia.
We are also waiting on results for IELTS test, if successful wont need 176 and can go independent, but we are hedging our bets anyway.
The waiting is the worst thing about the whole immigration process, surely if they want people to emigrate then you would have thought that they would reduce waiting times.
Any advice greatfully received.
Thanks
Pete
Old Aug 4th 2008, 8:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

melbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to all
Default Re: State Sponsored applications 176

We were lucky enough to be in Perth and went to the office to ask for WA sponsorship - it took them a day to get a letter out to us confirming that we had been approved - we were just lucky enough to ask in person though!!. However, I know that it can take 10 days for a decision and up to 28 for them to inform you - don't forget, the golden letter has to fly many miles!!!

If you've only just applied, then do hang in there, if you've not heard anything by about the third week in August, drop them an email - they were really helpful and didn't mind being contacted at all.

Good luck!!

Mel
Old Aug 5th 2008, 9:33 am
Forum Regular

lovelyshine is a jewel in the roughlovelyshine is a jewel in the roughlovelyshine is a jewel in the roughlovelyshine is a jewel in the roughlovelyshine is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by melbert
We were lucky enough to be in Perth and went to the office to ask for WA sponsorship - it took them a day to get a letter out to us confirming that we had been approved - we were just lucky enough to ask in person though!!
Hi Mel, I was curious what your occupation is? I am looking to go to Perth and it would great to get WA sponsorship. I am in marketing.
Old Aug 5th 2008, 9:53 am
BE Enthusiast

melbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to all

Originally Posted by lovelyshine
Hi Mel, I was curious what your occupation is? I am looking to go to Perth and it would great to get WA sponsorship. I am in marketing.
Hi there,

Hubby is an electrician. His occupation is on the demand list so it was very easy - if yours is too then I shouldn't imagine there would be any problem whatsoever. Even if yours isn't, an email asking them if it is possible wouldn't hurt.

Good luck!!

Mel
Old Aug 5th 2008, 10:13 am
Forum Regular

lovelyshine is a jewel in the roughlovelyshine is a jewel in the roughlovelyshine is a jewel in the roughlovelyshine is a jewel in the roughlovelyshine is a jewel in the rough

Lucky you! We aren't on the demand list, but will look at subclass 176.
Old Aug 5th 2008, 10:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lovelyshine
Lucky you! We aren't on the demand list, but will look at subclass 176.
The visa's not being processed any faster though

Mel