State sponsership help please!!

Old Jul 28th 2010, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

Dan-Sharon is just really niceDan-Sharon is just really niceDan-Sharon is just really niceDan-Sharon is just really niceDan-Sharon is just really niceDan-Sharon is just really niceDan-Sharon is just really niceDan-Sharon is just really nice
Default State sponsership help please!!

Hi everyone
Just a question for anyone out there who may be able to help us.
We gained state sponsership on 1st April 2010 (valid for 6 months must be in Victoria for Oct 1st )
however the diac have only just picked up our application to process.
I am worried with everything needing to be done, if the dealine is impossible will Victoria state allow us a week or so's grace, or another solution- could just my hubby the main applicant activate the visa?
Thank-you so much for reading
Kind Regards
Sharonx
Old Jul 28th 2010, 9:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: State sponsership help please!!

Originally Posted by Dan-Sharon
Hi everyone
We gained state sponsership on 1st April 2010 (valid for 6 months must be in Victoria for Oct 1st )
I am worried with everything needing to be done, if the dealine is impossible will Victoria state allow us a week or so's grace, or another solution- could just my hubby the main applicant activate the visa?
Kind Regards
Sharonx
State sponsorships don't normally tell people that they must be in the state within six months. I feel you have probably misread / misunderstood something here. I expect it said you had six months to accept the sponsorship that is all.

Having said that, I am confused about your activate comment, have you actually got a visa yet or not?
Old Jul 28th 2010, 9:48 am
Forum Regular

musicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nice

I applied for Vic state sponsorship myself. It doesn't mean that you have to be in Vic within 6 months. That is impossible. You have 6 months to apply with the DIAC for the actual visa!!!! Only when the DIAC accepts your application for a visa you will be able to make the move. The approval of state sponsorship does not guarantee you a visa, that's a decision by the DIAC.
Old Jul 28th 2010, 12:23 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone
Kind Regards
Sharonx
You said you haven't yet got the visa so you have no visa validation deadline. Should you be successful in being granted a visa, you will have a validation by date and all persons on the application will have to validate by that date, not just the main applicant.
Old Jul 28th 2010, 7:24 pm
Forum Regular

VickyMel is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone
Kind Regards
Sharonx
Hi Sharon

MusicalFever is correct. The SS from Victoria is valid for 6 months. By that they mean that you have 6 months to attach the SS to your visa application. Once the VIC SS is attached to the DIAC application it will remain valid until the Visa is granted.
You don't need to be in Victoria until the date that will be specified by DIAC and that usually relates to your PCCs or Meds (usually a year after the earliest of these - and both of you would need to enter by that date).
Congrats on getting your application picked up by DIAC very jealous.

VickyMel
Old Jul 28th 2010, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

Dan-Sharon is just really niceDan-Sharon is just really niceDan-Sharon is just really niceDan-Sharon is just really niceDan-Sharon is just really niceDan-Sharon is just really niceDan-Sharon is just really niceDan-Sharon is just really nice
Thumbs up Re: State sponsership help please!!

To all you kind people
Thank-you, thank-you, thank-you for youre replies.
We are going through the visa process without the aid of
immigration agents.
Thank-you for saving us from a 'blonde moment' (I am blonde..lol)
Wev'e not got our visa's yet, we have our medicals next week. So fingers
crossed everything processes easy.
I'm just relieved that I don't have to finish decorating, landscaping the garden, selling the house all in eight weeks (if the visa is granted)
I'll sleep well tonight
Take care you guys
Sharonx
Old Jul 28th 2010, 8:08 pm
Forum Regular

Smile Re: State sponsership help please!!

Originally Posted by VickyMel
Hi Sharon

MusicalFever is correct. The SS from Victoria is valid for 6 months. By that they mean that you have 6 months to attach the SS to your visa application. Once the VIC SS is attached to the DIAC application it will remain valid until the Visa is granted.
You don't need to be in Victoria until the date that will be specified by DIAC and that usually relates to your PCCs or Meds (usually a year after the earliest of these - and both of you would need to enter by that date).
Congrats on getting your application picked up by DIAC very jealous.

VickyMel
Hi
Thank-you for your message clarifying everything.
You will get to OZ, Our application has been out there for 19 months.
My hubby was convinced that it was never going to happen-he even bought me a new sofa for my birthday!
Stay positive
Kind Regards
Sharonx