Wikiposts

Starting a visa application

Old Jan 11th 2006, 11:44 pm
Forum Regular

ZOE POE has a brilliant futureZOE POE has a brilliant futureZOE POE has a brilliant futureZOE POE has a brilliant futureZOE POE has a brilliant futureZOE POE has a brilliant future
Cool Starting a visa application

Hi every one
Hope you can help us, we have just decided to make the big move. we will be going with our three daughters 9 5 and 8 months we need to start the visa application process but confused as to go about it. filtering through the net there is so much information very confusing.we know we will be going in under a skilled visa but do we arrange all this through a company or diy also do any one know roughly how much the whole visa process costs.
sorry about typing feeding baby at same time!!!
Old Jan 11th 2006, 11:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

mick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Starting a visa application

Firstly, welcome to the forum. We are fairly new as well. The first thing you should do is check the following site http://www.dimia.gov.au/ This will give you a start. It helped us no end but to be honest we have got most our information from this site. It is absolutely GREAT!!!
We weren't sure wether or not to get an agent and toyed with the idea. Asked around and decided to do it ourselves. The average prices we were quoted were £3000. Hope this is of some help to you and good luck .
Lynne and Mick
Old Jan 11th 2006, 11:56 pm
Forum Regular

ZOE POE has a brilliant futureZOE POE has a brilliant futureZOE POE has a brilliant futureZOE POE has a brilliant futureZOE POE has a brilliant futureZOE POE has a brilliant future
Default Re: Starting a visa application

Originally Posted by mick69
Firstly, welcome to the forum. We are fairly new as well. The first thing you should do is check the following site http://www.dimia.gov.au/ This will give you a start. It helped us no end but to be honest we have got most our information from this site. It is absolutely GREAT!!!
We weren't sure wether or not to get an agent and toyed with the idea. Asked around and decided to do it ourselves. The average prices we were quoted were £3000. Hope this is of some help to you and good luck .
Lynne and Mick

Thanks for reply lyn i will have a look at the sight tonight once i have put my girls to bed.
Old Jan 12th 2006, 12:00 am
BE Forum Addict

mick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ZOE POE
Thanks for reply lyn i will have a look at the sight tonight once i have put my girls to bed.
Know how you feel. Mine are 3 & 4 and i spend all night on this machine.
We have justed completed our TRA application form (which is a skills assesment needed to be done for Michael as he under the First Class Welder) and am actually waiting for courier to collect and deliver to Canberra today.
Old Jan 12th 2006, 12:02 am

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ZOE POE
Zoe

Welcome to the forum!
We used an agent for our visa, however, with hindsight, provided you are relatively 'on the ball' t'is quite easy to do yourself and save about £2.5K!!

I would however, contact an agent initially to get a free consultation. They will advise you of the best category to apply under and point you in the right direction! I know only too well how confusing it all is at the start!

One I can recommend, and the one we used, is:

Julia Skoglund
www.migrateaustralia.com.au

They are absolutely first rate.....

Good luck with it all and feel free to ask as many questions as you like on here, even the really silly ones - people will undoubtedly take the P, but inevitably, you will get some form of answer :-)
Old Jan 12th 2006, 6:59 am
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

Zoe,
There are some other replies to your questions in the Australia forum where you first posted.
Julie. x