Ssssssorted!

Old Aug 22nd 2002, 11:34 am
Forum Regular

max kilby is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ssssssorted!

Hi all,

Spent a fruitfull couple of hours this morning at Australia house clutching passports and grant letter - 45 mins queueing outside and 1 hour on the comfier seats inside, and the result - We came away with our passports stamped with PR visas......

Yaaaaayyyyy.

2 Years work.

Hope to be in Adelaide in early November as soon as the house sale is final.

Thanks for all the support to date from those of you that have no doubt heard all of my questions from others before.

And for those of you that are still waiting, hang in there. There will be times when you think it's never going to happen but no matter how many forms you need to fill in with apparently the same info and however long you need to wait for each stage of authorisation, just try to keep telling yourself that you are one step closer to realising your goal.

Good luck and see ya down under!!!

Cheers

MAX
Old Aug 22nd 2002, 11:52 am
Forum Regular

kitkatz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ssssssorted!

Originally posted by max kilby:
Hi all,

Spent a fruitfull couple of hours this morning at Australia house clutching passports and grant letter - 45 mins queueing outside and 1 hour on the comfier seats inside, and the result - We came away with our passports stamped with PR visas......

Yaaaaayyyyy.

2 Years work.

Thanks for all the support to date from those of you that have no doubt heard all of my questions from others before.

And for those of you that are still waiting, hang in there. There will be times when you think it's never going to happen but no matter how many forms you need to fill in with apparently the same info and however long you need to wait for each stage of authorisation, just try to keep telling yourself that you are one step closer to realising your goal.

Cheers

MAX
Hi Max - well done - Congrats

How long did it take between pre-grant and final grant?

Thxs
Old Aug 22nd 2002, 12:12 pm
Forum Regular

max kilby is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by kitkatz:

Hi Max - well done - Congrats

How long did it take between pre-grant and final grant?

Thxs
We heard that we'd been 'accepted' by Adelaide office (but don't make any arrangements to leave your job, sell your house etc) on 20th July. We had to send back our racial and religeous information and send this with passports.

As we didn't know the return fee for SAE we decided to wait for the letter and attend DIMIA in London in person. Then had to fill in another form(!) which was V worrying but I believe the Adelaide office were just crossing t's and dotting i's.

Heard back from Adelaide on Tuesday morning that we were accepted as of 14 August so not quite a month.

Probably the longest few weeks of my life to date though!!

Cheers,

MAX
Old Aug 22nd 2002, 12:54 pm
Forum Regular

bevo is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE]Originally posted by max kilby:

Well done Max you must be feeling great.

beginning to wish id gone and collected ours now im back to pouncing on the postman every morning - poor man

congrats
keri
Old Aug 22nd 2002, 1:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Grub is an unknown quantity at this point

I am so jealous- put in a good word for us.

If youre going to Perth put a stubbie in the eski for me!

Cheers

Nic

Originally posted by max kilby:
Hi all,

Yaaaaayyyyy.

2 Years work.

Cheers

MAX
Old Aug 22nd 2002, 1:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

SuzeM is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations Max, hope to get that feeling ourselves one day.......Guess you'll really be :PARTY: ing now.
Sue