Wikiposts

spouse's work experience - needed???

Old Sep 21st 2007, 7:29 pm
Just Joined

austra99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default spouse's work experience - needed???

Hello!

I applied for a skilled visa and going to get married in a month or two when I am going to add my spouse to the existing visa application. Will we have to submit evidence of his work experience?
Since he is a student (for a looooong time) he hasn't had a "proper" job, he was only being paid cash-in-hand when working casually so if DIAC is going to ask for his payslips, we cannot provide them.

Does anyone know the answer?

Thanks in advance,
austra99
Old Sep 21st 2007, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

biggles7374 is a jewel in the roughbiggles7374 is a jewel in the roughbiggles7374 is a jewel in the roughbiggles7374 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: spouse's work experience - needed???

wouldn't have thought so as you are the main applicant.

Spouse gets attached to your application as a secondary applicant and simply needs to meed the key requirements of age, english ability health and character (unless you are claiming spouse (partner) skills).

Why is you partner not on the application already?

Andy

Last edited by biggles7374; Sep 21st 2007 at 7:54 pm.
Old Sep 21st 2007, 8:01 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by austra99
Hello!

I applied for a skilled visa and going to get married in a month or two when I am going to add my spouse to the existing visa application. Will we have to submit evidence of his work experience?
Since he is a student (for a looooong time) he hasn't had a "proper" job, he was only being paid cash-in-hand when working casually so if DIAC is going to ask for his payslips, we cannot provide them.

Does anyone know the answer?

Thanks in advance,
austra99
No, you don't need to add his work experience if your application is already lodged. Just be sure to fill in form 1022 - change in circumstance - adding your hub along with documentary evidence (certified copies of your spouse passport, marriage certificate, stat decs regarding your relationship being genuine and ongoing, photos, etc.)
Old Sep 21st 2007, 10:18 pm
Happily living in Tsv,Qld

Simon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to all

Me and my partner are both Teachers, but a complication with Kate's qualifications mean that Aus won't easily acknowledge her skills. Therefore I am the main applicant. Because I can obtain enough points on my own, we aren't bothering to claim the 5 extra points for Kate's skills, as it would mean paying out for an extra Skills Assessment, and having to fight to prove the point that Kate is skilled/qualified.

You'd only give your OH's details if you were trying to claim the extra 5 points for his skills, which "technically" it doesn't sound like he has any that Aus will acknowledge...

As someone just pointed out though, why aren't you adding him now? You don't have to be married. Kate and I aren't - but considered "Defacto". We just need to show evidence of a comitted life together (bank statements and mortgages for the past 5 years).
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 6:22 am
Just Joined

austra99 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you, guys, for the quick replies!

He wasn't included in my application from the beginning since we were not married (we got engaged several months ago) and we were not living together because of the finances (the reason why we actually want to emigrate), but I mentioned him as my fiance in the application. We were planning to add him as soon as we get married. We spoke later with my parents and they offered us to live in their house after getting married until the visa process is over (hopefully with the visa in the passport).
So, there was no option in the application form which would allow us to put him in it as a fiance - we couldn't prove that we lived together for a year, although we have been together for 5 years.
When we are talking about this, do you happen to know how many photos should be submitted (among other stuff that is required) as the evidence of relationship?
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 7:44 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Simon.and.Kate
Me and my partner are both Teachers, but a complication with Kate's qualifications mean that Aus won't easily acknowledge her skills. Therefore I am the main applicant. Because I can obtain enough points on my own, we aren't bothering to claim the 5 extra points for Kate's skills, as it would mean paying out for an extra Skills Assessment, and having to fight to prove the point that Kate is skilled/qualified..
Actually under the new rules from September, if she wants to claim spouse skill points she could get a Vetassess skill assessment in a 50 point nominated occupation of her choice and they would not insist she got a teacher assessment.
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 10:43 am
Happily living in Tsv,Qld

Simon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to all

erh, I'm not quite following, but - as she is a teacher, surely the only points she can be awarded skills for is teaching? Teaching is 60 points. What is there that she could claim 50 points for (and prove experience of in order to get these)?

I've not heard of "Vetassess skill assessment" - what is that?

Either way, I can get 115 points without any drama's when I only need 100. So I see no joy in creating extra work just for an extra 5 points.

Anyway, this is also going a little off topic and not really helping austra99 with her original question...
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 11:51 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Simon.and.Kate
erh, I'm not quite following, but - as she is a teacher, surely the only points she can be awarded skills for is teaching? Teaching is 60 points. What is there that she could claim 50 points for (and prove experience of in order to get these)?

I've not heard of "Vetassess skill assessment" - what is that?
Vetassess will issue a skill assessment in any 50 point occupation (look at the Skilled Occupations List) to a person holding the equivalent of an Australian bachelors degree. Degree subject is irrelevant.