Spouse visa...very early stages!

Old Aug 25th 2012, 10:51 pm
Just Joined

JoanneandJon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse visa...very early stages!

Hi, we are just in the early stages of making decisions to make our move over to Australia from the UK. I hold an Australian passport as do my two children (18 and 14). My husband does not hold an Australian passport though. We have been married 10 years. Just wanted some advice re obtaining a spouse visa really. Do we need an agent or is the process pretty simple??
Thanks
Joanne
Old Aug 25th 2012, 11:02 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse visa...very early stages!

Originally Posted by JoanneandJon
Hi, we are just in the early stages of making decisions to make our move over to Australia from the UK. I hold an Australian passport as do my two children (18 and 14). My husband does not hold an Australian passport though. We have been married 10 years. Just wanted some advice re obtaining a spouse visa really. Do we need an agent or is the process pretty simple??
Thanks
Joanne
You certainly don't need an agent. The Spouse Visa is accepted as the easiest visa to go for other than the basic temp ones of course. As you have been married for more than 2 years and have children your husband will be granted PR rather than TR but it's still the same application. Have a search, there are many Spouse Visa threads, the main one being the Spouse Visa Circle - more than enough information there to satisfy anyone! But feel free to come and ask if you have a query.

I assume you've already downloaded Booklet 1 from the DIAC website.

Good luck.

Oh and if you're applying from the UK, current processing times are approximately 6 months.
Old Aug 26th 2012, 7:37 pm
Just Joined

renuka is an unknown quantity at this point

You need to get Sub Class 309 visa first. Which is temporary spouse visa. I have done the same. Now I got permanent spouse visa (Sub class 100). You can do all these yourself dont need to waste money on agents
Old Aug 26th 2012, 7:49 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renuka
You need to get Sub Class 309 visa first. Which is temporary spouse visa. I have done the same. Now I got permanent spouse visa (Sub class 100).
In their circumstances they are eligible (it appears) for a subclass 100 visa immediately. They will bypass the 309. However it is the same application for both.
Old Aug 26th 2012, 9:29 pm
Just Joined

Thank you for your replies and pointing me in the right direction. I have had a good read (and still reading the Spouse Visa thread!)and it all looks quite straight forward in our circumstances.
Old Aug 26th 2012, 11:57 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for your replies and pointing me in the right direction. I have had a good read (and still reading the Spouse Visa thread!)and it all looks quite straight forward in our circumstances.
Normally straightforward however every case is different and there is always the chance that something in the background will complicate things.

HOWEVER, it can take time (6-9 months is typical, perhaps more to put together all the documents), so don't leave it to the last minute or it will delay your plans to move.

If you're planning to leave the U.K. have you got your own British citizenship so you have the option to come back later on without needing to re-do the spouse or returning resident immigration process?
Old Aug 27th 2012, 8:23 am
BE Enthusiast

James516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud of

Is your husband the father of your kids? If not, there may be some issues with your 14 year old
Old Aug 27th 2012, 8:44 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by James516
Is your husband the father of your kids? If not, there may be some issues with your 14 year old
Unlikely as the child has an Australian Passport but I guess anything is possible.
Old Aug 27th 2012, 5:27 pm
Just Joined

Re James516 -No he is not the father of my kids, I cannot find any information regarding this being a problem as like I said they already hold an Australian passport. What could possible 'issues' be please?
And JAJ, me and the kids all hold dual nationality, so we have Australian and UK passports. What sort of 'background' problems could there be please??
Thanks again
Old Aug 27th 2012, 8:36 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Re James516 -No he is not the father of my kids, I cannot find any information regarding this being a problem as like I said they already hold an Australian passport. What could possible 'issues' be please?
And JAJ, me and the kids all hold dual nationality, so we have Australian and UK passports. What sort of 'background' problems could there be please??
Thanks again
Medical issues for one thing - your husband will need a medical, if they want more tests on anything that can slow down the process. Or a request for further info or even something as simple as a slow-down in the rates visas are being issued. No-one can accurately predict a timeline for a visa, is basically what he's saying
Old Aug 27th 2012, 9:11 pm
Just Joined

Oh right, I see! Thank you for that Pollyanna!
Old Aug 28th 2012, 4:03 am
BE Enthusiast

James516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud of

Thanks again
Their birth father might object to you taking your 14 year old to Australia (assuming he is alive, lives in the UK and has some sort of contact with them).
Old Aug 28th 2012, 1:42 pm
Just Joined

Thanks James516 for your reply too.
Old Aug 28th 2012, 2:33 pm
Just Joined

crumpet is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi joanne, I am a newbie and I also thought about going abroad - maybe Australia, I do not know. From your experience so far, how much time are you planning to invest for the whole moving issue? I have no experience at all and thought you might know. If not, no problem!

cheers, crumpet
Old Aug 28th 2012, 4:54 pm
Just Joined

With everything we are committed to here in the Uk (own business), we want to be as prepared as we can be so we are aiming to be going over to Australia July/August 2014. We are a family that have done 'alot' of big moves but as we are getting older but not too old , we have to be a bit wiser!
So time wise, we are giving ourselves plenty!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.