Spouse Visa Thread continued - 2012-2014

Old Aug 15th 2014, 2:37 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse Visa Thread continued - 2012-2014

Originally Posted by jimcz
My gf has just been granted visa, thank all of you for your help. I don't think we would have made it without so many useful tips here.

There is just one thing that worries me a little. The email from immi says "No visa label required. The Australian Government does not require you to have a visa label placed into your passport for travel to Australia...."

However, I remember how useful it was for me to have my visa label in my passport (in 2011) because every potential employer, every job agency etc wanted to see the proof of my status and eligibility to work in AU. Do you know if it is still possible to request the passport visa label?
Congrats on the visa!!

It is still possible to get a label, but it costs $150 now.
DIBP prefer employers to use VEVO to check work rights.

How much will a label cost?
Old Aug 25th 2014, 1:45 am
Just Joined

Sophielouise90 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse Visa wait times.

Hi guys,

I am currently waiting for my spouse visa to be granted, the application was put through in March and we have had confirmation that all of the evidence has been accepted and also that the medicals which my son and I have taken have all come back without any issue. My question is, does anybody know roughly what the current wait time is for this particular visa to be granted? (I know the wait times can change every year depending on the number of applications)

Many thanks.
Old Aug 25th 2014, 9:57 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse Visa wait times.

Originally Posted by Sophielouise90
Hi guys,

I am currently waiting for my spouse visa to be granted, the application was put through in March and we have had confirmation that all of the evidence has been accepted and also that the medicals which my son and I have taken have all come back without any issue. My question is, does anybody know roughly what the current wait time is for this particular visa to be granted? (I know the wait times can change every year depending on the number of applications)

Many thanks.
If you applied through London then wait times are about 10-11 months at present I'm afraid, its got a lot slower over the last year.

Litttle tip - give it another month or so, then email your CO and tell them you are hoping to holiday in Australia over Christmas (for instance) and should you think about getting an evisitior, or is it likely your visa will be through in time. Doesn't always work, but sometimes it has produced a confirmation of when the visa will be granted, on rare occasions it has even resulted in a grant on the spot, if you are near to that point anyway!

Last edited by Pollyana; Aug 25th 2014 at 10:00 pm.
Old Aug 26th 2014, 10:21 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

If your application was lodged in March then it'll be 8-9 months before it's granted, closer to 9 months at the moment.
Old Aug 27th 2014, 11:26 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by BritInParis
If your application was lodged in March then it'll be 8-9 months before it's granted, closer to 9 months at the moment.
Yeah, I've done a bit of digging and it looks like 9 months for existing applications, but they are saying 10-14 for new ones.
Old Aug 28th 2014, 12:16 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Yeah, I've done a bit of digging and it looks like 9 months for existing applications, but they are saying 10-14 for new ones.
Yep, if you lodged before July then it's under the old timing, after July it's the new timing.
Old Sep 1st 2014, 10:33 am
BE Enthusiast

canadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond repute

You can never know.

We applied (onshore) in October last year and my partners visa was granted in January.

We were surprised as everyone (even immigration) said the wait was April 18 months.

Not only was it quick, they also granted PR straight away, they didn't do the temp visa.

Good luck.
Old Sep 1st 2014, 10:50 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by canadaeh
You can never know.

We applied (onshore) in October last year and my partners visa was granted in January.

We were surprised as everyone (even immigration) said the wait was April 18 months.

Not only was it quick, they also granted PR straight away, they didn't do the temp visa.

Good luck.
Onshore is managed differently to offshore. PR is granted straightaway if you have 3 years cohabitation/marriage, or 2 years with children
Old Sep 1st 2014, 11:49 am
BE Enthusiast

canadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Onshore is managed differently to offshore. PR is granted straightaway if you have 3 years cohabitation/marriage, or 2 years with children
We had neither, it was a defacto same sex relationship. We had been together for 3 years, but lived together overseas for a year, and did not live together here (different cities). But were able to explain why.

My point is that you can never go on timeframes as one thing is said but another thing happens. We were told it would be quicker off shore and were panicking when we applied onshore. We also did it without an agent and were told that would make it longer.

It's different for everyone.
Old Sep 1st 2014, 12:55 pm
Just Joined

DexM is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys. I'm new around here, just signed up this morning and made my introduction, and I spotted this thread. I know it may be slightly off topic but I was wondering if anyone knew the waiting times for a prospective marriage visa?
Old Sep 1st 2014, 2:07 pm
Aussie Finn Mixture!

Location: Leschenault WA (after few locations around WA and Around Europe!)
teza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond repute

To be used as Guide only, As the times may vary
https://www.immi.gov.au/about/charte.../visas/5.0.htm
Old Sep 1st 2014, 2:12 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by DexM
Hi guys. I'm new around here, just signed up this morning and made my introduction, and I spotted this thread. I know it may be slightly off topic but I was wondering if anyone knew the waiting times for a prospective marriage visa?
Depends where you apply. In the UK at present, 10-14 months.

Last edited by Pollyana; Sep 1st 2014 at 2:16 pm.
Old Sep 1st 2014, 2:16 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by canadaeh
We had neither, it was a defacto same sex relationship. We had been together for 3 years, but lived together overseas for a year, and did not live together here (different cities). But were able to explain why.

My point is that you can never go on timeframes as one thing is said but another thing happens. We were told it would be quicker off shore and were panicking when we applied onshore. We also did it without an agent and were told that would make it longer.

It's different for everyone.
You're very lucky to have been so fast, these days thats definitely the exception rather than the rule. London at present (for instance) are granting almost 9 months to the day from applcation.

Good to hear they accepted reasons for living apoart, I know many couples worry aboiut that one when they have to be separated for work etc. The three years together is what will have got you the PR, once they were satisfied that the reasons for being apart were genuine.
Old Sep 1st 2014, 2:17 pm
Home and Happy

Default Re: Spouse Visa Thread continued - 2012-2014

threads merged
Old Sep 1st 2014, 2:33 pm
Just Joined

DexM is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for this, Pollyanna. I must admit, it has come as something as a shock. I am from the U.K. and my wife-to-be and I, had been going from the time table listed by @teza. (thank you, too ) It seems as though it would be beneficial to get it in way before Christmas.