Spouse Visa Thread continued - 2012-2014

Old Jan 17th 2013, 11:03 am
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse Visa Thread continued - 2012-2013

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I've split this thread up again - Spouse Visa Circle 2010-11 can be found here and this one now contains 2012 and will continue into this year
You're such a good housekeeper, you'll be up for a nomination for domestic goddess for the end of 2013
Old Jan 17th 2013, 1:28 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SillyOldBag
You're such a good housekeeper, you'll be up for a nomination for domestic goddess for the end of 2013
Its the only kind of housekeeping I'm any good at
Old Jan 17th 2013, 11:30 pm
Just Joined

anneandjustin is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Pollyana

Have been reading the other posts, am feeling calmer lots of people out there and 5-6 months really isn't too bad! So we are going to go home and I will lodge there and just wait for grant. I want two months at home anyway so I can hang out until then. Also If It gets too unbearable I might try For the ETA but I am aware of all those complications too!

So Just to clarify I apply from Ireland or can I hand it in In London?, Il be visit friends there on our way back. Do I need to wait for contact from a CO for the medical or can I arrange to have that done as soon as get back?

Thanks for all advice
Old Jan 18th 2013, 9:03 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anneandjustin
Hey Pollyana

Have been reading the other posts, am feeling calmer lots of people out there and 5-6 months really isn't too bad! So we are going to go home and I will lodge there and just wait for grant. I want two months at home anyway so I can hang out until then. Also If It gets too unbearable I might try For the ETA but I am aware of all those complications too!

So Just to clarify I apply from Ireland or can I hand it in In London?, Il be visit friends there on our way back. Do I need to wait for contact from a CO for the medical or can I arrange to have that done as soon as get back?

Thanks for all advice
If you are going to be home in Ireland when you apply, it goes to the High Commission in London. Ireland don't process Spouse visas

I would go for the medical once you've submitted it, no need to wait for the CO to request it. They can forward it to London where it will be matched up with the application. The forms (26 and 160) can be downloaded from the Immi site here
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/heal...ealth-exam.htm
Old Jan 20th 2013, 7:55 pm
Living the dream in WA

gregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond repute

Have had a read through here and found it extremely helpful and interesting. My wife and I have been together for nearly 15 years and have two children together and are, obviously, looking to migrate to Australia in the next 18 months or so, or as suitable work is offered.

I should add here that I am an Australian National, through my mum's side of the family.

I'm expecting my wife will need a Spouse Visa, and the children a child visa, but if I were to go sooner than expected, could they come out as well on a holiday visa and apply once there, or does it have to be done before they go? The hope is my wife won't have to work once there, should this not be the case then we'd obviously have to get the spouse visa more quickly to allow her to work too (?).
Old Jan 20th 2013, 8:39 pm
Just Joined

Fdev2907 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all. 2013 has started and I've decided to take the plunge and start organising my hubby to sponsor me for the spouse visa . I've made my way through 20 pages so far and the help here is awesome and very encouraging so thanks from a newbie.

I've just started digging out evidence (married 2.5 years, 1 yr old daughter, lived together 4+ years) and have a few wedding invites but more thank you's (polite friends!). Do you think these will be ok addressed to us (but not saved envelopes). how did people copy such cards, did you copy both the front and inside? Or just inside? Am going to keep on reading but even after a search I couldn't find an answer to this.

Also my UK passport is still in maiden name but everything else is in married name, including name on daughters birth certificate. Does anyone have any views whether I should get a new UK passport in new name or does it not matter? Still have a few years left on it!

Thanks in advance
Old Jan 20th 2013, 8:59 pm
Forum Regular

StSabre is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gregster10217
Have had a read through here and found it extremely helpful and interesting. My wife and I have been together for nearly 15 years and have two children together and are, obviously, looking to migrate to Australia in the next 18 months or so, or as suitable work is offered.

I should add here that I am an Australian National, through my mum's side of the family.

I'm expecting my wife will need a Spouse Visa, and the children a child visa, but if I were to go sooner than expected, could they come out as well on a holiday visa and apply once there, or does it have to be done before they go? The hope is my wife won't have to work once there, should this not be the case then we'd obviously have to get the spouse visa more quickly to allow her to work too (?).
Your children will be included on your wife's visa, so you won't need to do a separate application for them.

In theory you should apply and get it granted before you go, as the tourist visa isn't supposed to be used for people going with the intention of applying onshore. There are people who apply in London and then travel on a tourist visa whilst waiting (they need to leave Australia for a few days for the visa to be granted). The offshore visas are cheaper and a few months quicker to be granted.

One other factor is that travelling on a tourist visa limits the time that your children could go to school (3 months) whilst waiting. If you were to travel and then apply, the bridging visas wouldn't have this restriction.
Old Jan 20th 2013, 9:24 pm
Living the dream in WA

gregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by StSabre
Your children will be included on your wife's visa, so you won't need to do a separate application for them.

In theory you should apply and get it granted before you go, as the tourist visa isn't supposed to be used for people going with the intention of applying onshore. There are people who apply in London and then travel on a tourist visa whilst waiting (they need to leave Australia for a few days for the visa to be granted). The offshore visas are cheaper and a few months quicker to be granted.

One other factor is that travelling on a tourist visa limits the time that your children could go to school (3 months) whilst waiting. If you were to travel and then apply, the bridging visas wouldn't have this restriction.
Thanks StSabre, again more questions answered. The likelihood will be that I go on ahead on the wife and children and start work, and they will follow me out once visas have been granted and the house sorted (sold or rented - not sure which yet.)
Old Jan 21st 2013, 8:06 am
Home and Happy

Spouse visa for your wife, and then if your children are already Aussies they get listed as dependents on the Spouse Visa application (no extra fee).

Takes 5-6 months in the UK at present, longer and more expensive onshore. Your wife and kids could possibly come on evisitors, as tourists, but be aware they must be coming with the intention of leaving again or DIAC may refuse them entry.
Old Jan 21st 2013, 8:09 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Fdev2907
Hi all. 2013 has started and I've decided to take the plunge and start organising my hubby to sponsor me for the spouse visa . I've made my way through 20 pages so far and the help here is awesome and very encouraging so thanks from a newbie.

I've just started digging out evidence (married 2.5 years, 1 yr old daughter, lived together 4+ years) and have a few wedding invites but more thank you's (polite friends!). Do you think these will be ok addressed to us (but not saved envelopes). how did people copy such cards, did you copy both the front and inside? Or just inside? Am going to keep on reading but even after a search I couldn't find an answer to this.

Also my UK passport is still in maiden name but everything else is in married name, including name on daughters birth certificate. Does anyone have any views whether I should get a new UK passport in new name or does it not matter? Still have a few years left on it!

Thanks in advance
Try and do a copy of the front and the inside onto one sheet of paper - might need some fiddling but it keeps the "bits"of one card together. If you have an envelope do that too, just shows you were at the same address at the time.

Doesn't matter that the passport is in your maiden name, you'll presumably have a marriage certificate so thats fine.

Tip I try and give everyone - in recent years we have seen a lot of requests from DIAC for "further info"before they finally grant Spouse/de facto visas, so try not to send everything at once - give them a fair amount of evidence but keep some back, sort of in reserve, in case they ask!
Old Jan 21st 2013, 8:24 am
Living the dream in WA

Spouse visa for your wife, and then if your children are already Aussies they get listed as dependents on the Spouse Visa application (no extra fee).

Takes 5-6 months in the UK at present, longer and more expensive onshore. Your wife and kids could possibly come on evisitors, as tourists, but be aware they must be coming with the intention of leaving again or DIAC may refuse them entry.
Unfortunately the children are not Aussies as I have not lived there as a citizen for the right amount of time (2 years). Obviously once I'd been there for that long I could apply, or they'd get it having met the criteria.

Will be looking to get an application in for the wife soon as things could be happening sooner than expected as I can go to WA police as a citizen and not start at the bottom. Better than I'd hoped, just got to get there and secure a job!!
Old Jan 21st 2013, 8:32 am
Home and Happy

Unfortunately the children are not Aussies as I have not lived there as a citizen for the right amount of time (2 years). Obviously once I'd been there for that long I could apply, or they'd get it having met the criteria.

Will be looking to get an application in for the wife soon as things could be happening sooner than expected as I can go to WA police as a citizen and not start at the bottom. Better than I'd hoped, just got to get there and secure a job!!
I'd get their application in asap then, you hot foot it to Aus and they can follow when the visas granted. London seems to be pretty reliably on a 5-6 months turnaround. Just list them on her application as dependents, no need for Child Visas
Old Jan 21st 2013, 12:30 pm
Just Joined

movingbacktoaus is an unknown quantity at this point

We sent the application for my wifes spouse visa in October. We have been told 8-9 months processing time
Old Jan 21st 2013, 1:54 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by movingbacktoaus
We sent the application for my wifes spouse visa in October. We have been told 8-9 months processing time
Standard time advised by the UK is 8-9 monts, allows for any hitches that arise. I don't think we've had anyone on here for a good while that has waited beyind 6 months for London. They are often ready to grant after 2-3 months but can only process a certain number each week. Some people have even been told in advance when theirs will be ganted - Have a look back through the thread and you'll see what I mean
Old Jan 21st 2013, 3:05 pm
Just Joined

movingbacktoaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Standard time advised by the UK is 8-9 monts, allows for any hitches that arise. I don't think we've had anyone on here for a good while that has waited beyind 6 months for London. They are often ready to grant after 2-3 months but can only process a certain number each week. Some people have even been told in advance when theirs will be ganted - Have a look back through the thread and you'll see what I mean
As far I was aware the processing time changed from 5-6 months to 8-9 months around August time. So anyone who has applied before August will likely have received theirs now or will in the next few weeks. It'll be interesting to see if any of those who applied in August get a visa soon or if they still have a few more months to wait.

Additionally we emailed the CO handling my wife's application last week and he stated that he would aim to finalise the application around June/July, which would be 8-9 months. He did not say whether the visa would definitely be granted and whilst I seriously doubt it wouldn't be granted we are still reluctant to book flights or quit jobs at this time.

I very much hope you are right about the 5-6 months as that would make our life a lot easier. If visa does not get granted until July that only gives us 3 months to organise the move.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.