Spouse visa question

Old Jul 1st 2014, 6:36 am
Just Joined

CherryUK is a splendid one to beholdCherryUK is a splendid one to beholdCherryUK is a splendid one to beholdCherryUK is a splendid one to beholdCherryUK is a splendid one to beholdCherryUK is a splendid one to beholdCherryUK is a splendid one to beholdCherryUK is a splendid one to beholdCherryUK is a splendid one to beholdCherryUK is a splendid one to beholdCherryUK is a splendid one to behold
Default Spouse visa question

Hi

Wondered if anyone knows the answer to this...
I applied for my spouse visa back in March. I've been assigned a CO and need to have my medical and police check in August.

In the meantime my husband has a potential job offer that would be very tempting to take and would delay our move to Australia.
We don't want my visa to lapse as its so expensive. I know there's a set time by which i need to enter Australia. Does anyone know if we go there for a holiday and I activate the visa then but just stay for 3-4 weeks would mean my visa would still be valid. Or do I need to stay in the country for longer and live as a resident?

Thank you
Old Jul 1st 2014, 6:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse visa question

My wife had a 5 year spouse visa. At the time she had it she just had to enter within a certain period of time to activate it and then she could come and go as she pleased for a 5 year period from date of issue. i.e. you can enter to activate and leave on the same day if you want; no qualifying period. The rules may have changed in the last 6 years so check but that's my understanding.