Spouse visa question - 10 years on

Old Aug 22nd 2017, 5:07 am
BE Enthusiast

RachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really nice
Default Re: Spouse visa question - 10 years on

Originally Posted by BritInParis
You should be eligible for a one year subclass 155 Returning Resident visa based on your relationship with your Australian citizen husband.
Thank you. This is really helpful.
Old Aug 22nd 2017, 6:10 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
You should be eligible for a one year subclass 155 Returning Resident visa based on your relationship with your Australian citizen husband.
Not if she no longer has a PR visa, which is looking like she doesn't.
Old Aug 22nd 2017, 6:12 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RachelH
Many thanks - I put my spouse visa number in and it doesn't recognise it....looks like I've seriously cocked up. I guess all I can do is try and contact them and see what my options are. Thanks again.
It looks like you have managed to cancel your PR. As a result, as mentioned above, you have two choices.

If you have an occupation on the skills list, you could go down the skilled PR route. The advantage is that it is cheaper.

If not, then you are going to need a new spouse visa.
Old Aug 22nd 2017, 7:13 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

I recall that a few people on here in the past have been granted RRVs having previously been issued with a Visitor visa, so I don't necessarily believe it's a given that your PR has been cancelled.

Not being on Vevo certainly doesn't prove it. I know of people that should be there but aren't on it.

Last edited by NickyC; Aug 22nd 2017 at 7:15 am.
Old Aug 22nd 2017, 8:01 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by verystormy
Not if she no longer has a PR visa, which is looking like she doesn't.
It looks like you have managed to cancel your PR. As a result, as mentioned above, you have two choices.

If you have an occupation on the skills list, you could go down the skilled PR route. The advantage is that it is cheaper.

If not, then you are going to need a new spouse visa.
That's not a given. The OP will need to make an application to find out. It would be certainly a lot more cost effective than applying for a new Partner visa.
Old Aug 26th 2017, 8:18 am
Just Joined

Le_Main is an unknown quantity at this point

If it has cancelled your PR, then the only option would be a new spouse visa - expensive (Spouse visas are now $7000 plus medicals and police checks).
This is not actually the case. RRVs are available to former permanent residents as well as current ones. The eligibility criteria are basically the same i.e. demonstrating ties, which the OP clearly has.

See DIBP website:

"You must be:

an Australian permanent resident
a former permanent resident whose last permanent visa was not cancelled
a former Australian citizen who lost or renounced your citizenship."

cheers
Old Aug 26th 2017, 1:22 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Le_Main
This is not actually the case. RRVs are available to former permanent residents as well as current ones. The eligibility criteria are basically the same i.e. demonstrating ties, which the OP clearly has.

See DIBP website:

"You must be:

an Australian permanent resident
a former permanent resident whose last permanent visa was not cancelled
a former Australian citizen who lost or renounced your citizenship."

cheers
BritinParis has already said that above. The only way to know for sure is to apply - no guarantees either way.
Old Aug 26th 2017, 4:26 pm
Just Joined

Le_Main is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana
BritinParis has already said that above. The only way to know for sure is to apply - no guarantees either way.
There is never a guarantee, but what you said was incorrect. You said "the only option would be a new spouse visa - expensive". This is not the case as the OP has a pretty good chance of getting an RRV as a former PR (if, indeed, that is what she is).

The "new visa cancels the previous one" may be true, but it does NOT cancel the opportunity for anyone who has once been a PR to apply (or reapply) for an RRV.

cheers
Old Aug 26th 2017, 4:45 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

There is never a guarantee, but what you said was incorrect. You said "the only option would be a new spouse visa - expensive". This is not the case as the OP has a pretty good chance of getting an RRV as a former PR (if, indeed, that is what she is).

The "new visa cancels the previous one" may be true, but it does NOT cancel the opportunity for anyone who has once been a PR to apply (or reapply) for an RRV.

cheers
And where did I say that?

I deliberately did not make any comment because I know she may be able to get a RRV, Instead I said that the only way to know is to apply.
Old Aug 27th 2017, 12:30 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

cheers
It was Verystormy who said that (Post #12).

Not Pollyana :-)