Spouse Visa Medical

Old Apr 16th 2010, 10:46 am
Forum Regular

oxford_lad has a brilliant futureoxford_lad has a brilliant futureoxford_lad has a brilliant futureoxford_lad has a brilliant futureoxford_lad has a brilliant futureoxford_lad has a brilliant future
Default Spouse Visa Medical

Hi all just asking really a couple of years ago when we looked into going to Oz (me on spouse visa) I believe that I was only required to have a chest xray...

Is this the case or is a full medical required, and is it a full medical or just like a check up?
Old Apr 16th 2010, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

zultan has much to be proud ofzultan has much to be proud ofzultan has much to be proud ofzultan has much to be proud ofzultan has much to be proud ofzultan has much to be proud ofzultan has much to be proud ofzultan has much to be proud ofzultan has much to be proud ofzultan has much to be proud ofzultan has much to be proud of
Default Re: Spouse Visa Medical

Originally Posted by oxford_lad
Hi all just asking really a couple of years ago when we looked into going to Oz (me on spouse visa) I believe that I was only required to have a chest xray...

Is this the case or is a full medical required, and is it a full medical or just like a check up?
It's a full medical. Blood test, height, weight, hearing, eyesight, pee test, X-Ray, mental health. A bit of prodding, but nothing too invasive.

Assuming you mean your partner is Australian? I think the rules may be different for partners of skilled migrants.
Old Apr 16th 2010, 2:58 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zultan
It's a full medical. Blood test, height, weight, hearing, eyesight, pee test, X-Ray, mental health. A bit of prodding, but nothing too invasive.

Assuming you mean your partner is Australian? I think the rules may be different for partners of skilled migrants.
A Spouse Visa is a PR visa so you need a full medical,including the Xray.
Old Jun 15th 2010, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

oxford_lad has a brilliant futureoxford_lad has a brilliant futureoxford_lad has a brilliant futureoxford_lad has a brilliant futureoxford_lad has a brilliant futureoxford_lad has a brilliant future

So do you arrange the medicals through your local GP or through a hospital?
Old Jun 15th 2010, 8:36 am
Forum Regular

zultan has much to be proud ofzultan has much to be proud ofzultan has much to be proud ofzultan has much to be proud ofzultan has much to be proud ofzultan has much to be proud ofzultan has much to be proud ofzultan has much to be proud ofzultan has much to be proud ofzultan has much to be proud ofzultan has much to be proud of

So do you arrange the medicals through your local GP or through a hospital?
Nope. you have to go to one of the panel doctors that DIAC have selected:

http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/over...el-doctors.htm
Old Jun 15th 2010, 8:45 am
Forum Regular

There's not many places to choose from, or doctors for that matter!!!

Last time I looked into it I could go to the John Radcliff hospital to get mine done..
Old Jun 15th 2010, 8:49 am
Forum Regular

There's not many places to choose from, or doctors for that matter!!!

Last time I looked into it I could go to the John Radcliff hospital to get mine done..
DIAC consolidated earlier in the year. They had the cheek to say that less panel doctors would make things easier for everyone.. Now that there's less competition some of the Doctors are rising prices.. I went to Maidenhead and would personally recommend them http://www.bridge-clinic.com/immigrtn.htm
Old Jun 15th 2010, 8:58 am
Forum Regular

Many thanks Zultan, how much did you end up paying and can you get both the medical and xray done on the same day?

Do you need to take the forms (26 & 160) with you or do they fill them out there?

Do they send you back the medicals, or do they send them to australia house?

I am going to try and front load my visa application
Old Jun 15th 2010, 9:08 am
Forum Regular

Many thanks Zultan, how much did you end up paying and can you get both the medical and xray done on the same day?

Do you need to take the forms (26 & 160) with you or do they fill them out there?

Do they send you back the medicals, or do they send them to australia house?

I am going to try and front load my visa application
I think it's around £196 for the medical including the xray (they do both onsite at the same time).

You have to take the forms part filled out (it says which bits). Along with ID and two more passport photos.

They send the medicals special delivery on to Australia House, at cost (approx £7). In my case it was about 10 days after I'd had the medical before the results were sent on (have to wait for the blood results to come back and them someone reviews your entire file).
Old Jun 15th 2010, 10:52 am
BE Enthusiast

MrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of light

Alot can complete the medical online now rather than send on paper to AHC - look on panel doctors list for the E symbol.

It's alot quicker that way now so we're led to believe!
Old Jun 15th 2010, 11:30 am
BE Enthusiast

MrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of light

Ignore what I said about the E Meds and online processing as just booked my wifes medical and was advised that they can only online process if the visa itself can be applied for online. Partner visa cannot so that's excluded what I said.

Looks like we're back to old fashioned bits of paper!

Cost in Manchester £110 medical, £70 X-ray, £25 if HIV test required, £29 if Hep B test required, £10 courier fees.

Does anyone know if HIV and Hep B tests are required for Partner visa???
Old Jun 15th 2010, 11:32 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MrCro
Ignore what I said about the E Meds and online processing as just booked my wifes medical and was advised that they can only online process if the visa itself can be applied for online. Partner visa cannot so that's excluded what I said.

Looks like we're back to old fashioned bits of paper!

Cost in Manchester £110 medical, £70 X-ray, £25 if HIV test required, £29 if Hep B test required, £10 courier fees.

Does anyone know if HIV and Hep B tests are required for Partner visa???
HIV is required (for all over 15s). Hep B is only for the heavily pierced/tatooed and people intending to be nurses/doctors etc..
Old Jun 15th 2010, 12:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zultan
I went to Maidenhead and would personally recommend them http://www.bridge-clinic.com/immigrtn.htm
I also went to the Bridge Clinic in Maidenhead, but that was about 5 years ago when there were a lot more places to choose from. Found them to be good and pretty efficient on the day.
Old Jun 15th 2010, 6:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud of

I've booked medicals for August in Shawfair Park hospital in Edinburgh - currently the only Scottish place on the DIAC panel doctor list. It's costing me £300 per medical including chest x rays - bloody extortionate price in my opinion!