Wikiposts

spouse visa-help!

Old May 13th 2009, 2:04 am
Forum Regular

sybilipicus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default spouse visa-help!

Hi

I have a quick general query about the spouse visa form?

We are particularly confused about the form that my husband (as sponsor) has to complete. It takes into account the applicant may be in or outside Australia but does seem to assume that the sponsor is in Australia. We live in the UK so the questions about his employment and (particularly) where he lives currently, number of rooms etc and if I'll live there seem rather strange as neither has any bearing on life after we (hopefully!) leave the UK?

Hope you can help!

Thanks!
Old May 13th 2009, 7:55 am
Just Joined

TheresaM is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: spouse visa-help!

Hi there,

Yeah, I think that some of the questions on the form seem a little strange - probably because they are trying to ask questions that take into account all of the different situations that partners may find themselves in.

I've sent away a defacto spouse visa and we both live in the UK and it's currently being processed, so your OH doesn't have to live in Australia at the time of lodging the application.

Hope this helps.
Old May 13th 2009, 8:16 am
Just Joined

Cityboy2808 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sybilipicus
Hi

We are particularly confused about the form that my husband (as sponsor) has to complete. It takes into account the applicant may be in or outside Australia but does seem to assume that the sponsor is in Australia. We live in the UK so the questions about his employment and (particularly) where he lives currently, number of rooms etc and if I'll live there seem rather strange as neither has any bearing on life after we (hopefully!) leave the UK?

Hope you can help!

Thanks!
We are in the same position as yourselves. My wife has an Australian passport despite living all her life in the UK. We have just completed the spouse application and filled in details as per our UK house/income/details etc. Having said this we have not submitted the forms as yeat so not sure if they will get bounced or not.

Hope this helps - if not we both have a problem!!!!
Old May 13th 2009, 8:28 am
PR and proud

ChuiRafiki is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Hope you can help!

Thanks!
Like TheresaM, we sent off a spouse visa application (middle of April), and (self and Australian OH) live in the UK; we filled it in in respect of our UK property and income; we haven't had our application bounced back or questions raised by our CO (allocated a day after the application was received in London).
Old May 13th 2009, 2:42 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Hope you can help!

Thanks!
The forms are designed with the assumption tha one partner is in AUs. When they se you are both in the UK they make allowances for that, its nothing to worry about. If anything is unclear, a case officer will contact you and ask for clarification