Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Spouse Visa Circle continued - Dec 2010 - 2011

Spouse Visa Circle continued - Dec 2010 - 2011

Old Dec 22nd 2011, 5:10 am
Just Joined

LittleButton has much to be proud ofLittleButton has much to be proud ofLittleButton has much to be proud ofLittleButton has much to be proud ofLittleButton has much to be proud ofLittleButton has much to be proud ofLittleButton has much to be proud ofLittleButton has much to be proud ofLittleButton has much to be proud ofLittleButton has much to be proud ofLittleButton has much to be proud of
Default Re: Spouse Visa Circle continued - Dec 2010 onwards

My husband and I had telephone interviews. It was a brief chat of about 10 minutes each with our case officer. It turns out that we had both got key dates wrong in our personal statements! The interview was just to confirm the facts and was nothing to worry about.

I was actually pleased we had the interview because we got to ask questions about waiting times, and the case officer explained to us that although spouse visas are not capped, they do work to a quota system and only a set number are processed each month. This is why once the processing is done there can still be a wait of a few months, and how they can give you a pretty accurate estimate of when your visa will be completed.

It had no negative impact on how long my visa took to process - in fact, my visa was granted in June this year, 3 months and 3 weeks after submitting, which seemed to be an unusually fast turnaround.
Old Dec 26th 2011, 3:28 am
Just Joined

boundooley is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone!

As we are applying for my wife's spouse visa, can you help on the below queries:

1. Is it ok if we write the History of Relationship in a plain Microsoft Word document and then print and sign on it? Or shall we write it by hand/pen?

2. Shall we provide both pictures and videos of our wedding with the application?
Old Dec 26th 2011, 5:46 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by boundooley
Hello everyone!

As we are applying for my wife's spouse visa, can you help on the below queries:

1. Is it ok if we write the History of Relationship in a plain Microsoft Word document and then print and sign on it? Or shall we write it by hand/pen?

2. Shall we provide both pictures and videos of our wedding with the application?
You can do it either in pen or typed, doesn't matter. Put in a couple of photos, but not too many, and there's no need for the video - the CO has to scan everything to keep it on file so the video would just be returned to you.
Old Dec 26th 2011, 3:18 pm
Just Joined

boundooley is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks a lot pollyana for such a prompt and straight answer.
U r too good...
Old Jan 1st 2012, 2:06 am
Forum Regular

Alex997_99 will become famous soon enough

Hello,
I was typing in to find out about people's experiences,although my wife's application is being handled by a MARA reg.agent.
The application would be submitted in a week or two and we were planning on applying for a visitor AFTER that.I reckon,the visitor is granted on the premise, that the person would be returning to the home country.So,would that be a wrong foot to start the visitor application on,because we would be stating that her husband is a resident here?
Like I mentioned,I was keen on knowing experiences of people.The technical side is being handled by an agent.So,please share experiences although I appreciate that everyone's circumstances would be varied and it is not prudent to generalize.

P.S.: We are from HR country.

MODS NOTE - Spouse Visa Thread 2012 - 2013 continues from this one here -

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=784125

Last edited by Pollyana; Jan 17th 2013 at 9:18 am.