Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Spouse Visa Circle continued - Dec 2010 - 2011

Spouse Visa Circle continued - Dec 2010 - 2011

Old Jul 12th 2011, 10:56 am
Forum Regular

Kamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Spouse Visa Circle continued - Dec 2010 onwards

I've got my visa **does the I got my visa dance**

Just on four months. I would like to thank everyone from the bottom of my heart for all the help, advice and support, especially through my more neurotically moments.

I'll still be around from time to time to help in anyway I can.

Good luck to everyone still waiting.
Old Jul 12th 2011, 11:18 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kamie26

Just on four months. I would like to thank everyone from the bottom of my heart for all the help, advice and support, especially through my more neurotically moments.

Fantastic news CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Old Jul 12th 2011, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

Ravvers is on a distinguished road

Congrats. Isn't a great feeling to have the waiting over.
Old Jul 12th 2011, 11:33 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mazza12
Congratulations Rav! Haven't been on here for ages and just seen your news - I'm so pleased for you!
Thanks. It seemed like the waiting was never going to end. Off to the High Commission tomorrow to get the stamp in my passport and we fly 2 weeks tomorrow for the Central Coast

Hope all is well with you and your move.
Old Jul 12th 2011, 3:35 pm
Forum Regular

brushmate is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Spouse Visa Circle continued - Dec 2010 onwards

Hi kamie26 congrats on getting your visa,when did you send your visa off and when did you get your co,my visa application is 4 months next tuesday so fingers crossed because the waiting is driving me bananas
Old Jul 12th 2011, 4:24 pm
Forum Regular

Kamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud of

Thanks peeps, it really is such a weight of my shoulders.

Originally Posted by brushmate
Hi kamie26 congrats on getting your visa,when did you send your visa off and when did you get your co,my visa application is 4 months next tuesday so fingers crossed because the waiting is driving me bananas
It was received at AH on the 9th March got my CO on 17th March. Granted 7th July. Its possible that you could hear very, very soon. Good luck
Old Jul 13th 2011, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

Just a little note to say anyone that has recently had their visa granted and wanted to get a stamp put in their passport, I've just done it and it is quick, easy and painless!

The visa section is open between 9am-11am in London. I went this morning and got there 5 mins before the doors were opened and I was 5th in the queue. I was out with the visa details in my passport by 9.25am

I just took a printout of the email granting the visa, and said I know they say you don't need it but I've been advise from a friend it is wise to get it as helps open bank accounts or prove to prospective employers you have the right to remain in Oz. The immigration guy said fine and within minutes the visa was in the passport.

Easy peasy!!

Good luck to everyone else waiting on your visas
Old Jul 13th 2011, 7:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud of

Yaaaaaaay! Well done Kamie - that's great news!
Old Jul 14th 2011, 6:10 am
Forum Regular

njbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nice

Congrats Kamie must be a weight off your mind. Best of luck for the future.
Old Jul 14th 2011, 6:38 am
BE Forum Addict

xzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of light

My fiancee is currently 4 months into her WHV. We're applying for a onshore partner visa. She has had her medicals done, and we're just waiting for her UK police check to come back and then we will lodge her application.

What happens if we were to get married before the 2 year temp part of the visa is up? Does it make any difference? Do we have to apply for a different visa, or can we just leave it, and wait for the 2 years to be up and the grant of the permanent visa?

We're hoping to get married next year (which we've put in the application), but until we've decided whether it'll be here or in UK we're not going to set a date.
Old Jul 14th 2011, 9:24 am
Forum Regular

martin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud of

I've just had my meds done today. Been told my kids don't have to have them(for anybody who read my earlier story). And I seem to have a great case officer who responded to an email within 5 minutes. Would be great if that's all it took to grant the visa but can't have everything.
Old Jul 14th 2011, 12:18 pm
Forum Regular

Voyager 3 is a name known to allVoyager 3 is a name known to allVoyager 3 is a name known to allVoyager 3 is a name known to allVoyager 3 is a name known to allVoyager 3 is a name known to allVoyager 3 is a name known to allVoyager 3 is a name known to allVoyager 3 is a name known to allVoyager 3 is a name known to allVoyager 3 is a name known to all

Congratulations!! Its a great feeling isn't it! I did the visa dance too!
Old Jul 14th 2011, 12:21 pm
Forum Regular

Voyager 3 is a name known to allVoyager 3 is a name known to allVoyager 3 is a name known to allVoyager 3 is a name known to allVoyager 3 is a name known to allVoyager 3 is a name known to allVoyager 3 is a name known to allVoyager 3 is a name known to allVoyager 3 is a name known to allVoyager 3 is a name known to allVoyager 3 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Ravvers
Just a little note to say anyone that has recently had their visa granted and wanted to get a stamp put in their passport, I've just done it and it is quick, easy and painless!

The visa section is open between 9am-11am in London. I went this morning and got there 5 mins before the doors were opened and I was 5th in the queue. I was out with the visa details in my passport by 9.25am

I just took a printout of the email granting the visa, and said I know they say you don't need it but I've been advise from a friend it is wise to get it as helps open bank accounts or prove to prospective employers you have the right to remain in Oz. The immigration guy said fine and within minutes the visa was in the passport.

Easy peasy!!

Good luck to everyone else waiting on your visas
I was at the Australian embassy (v. grand building!) half an hour before it opened (sat waiting in a coffee shop across the road) next minute it was 9am and there was a queue of about 8 people! But found the process straight forward and gave the same reason for wanting the stamp...i.e. easier for getting Medicare card/showing employees etc!

Fly out 4th Aug with 3 weeks in South east Asia-hit Sydney 25th August! Good luck to those still waiting!
Old Jul 14th 2011, 8:50 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by xzibit
My fiancee is currently 4 months into her WHV. We're applying for a onshore partner visa. She has had her medicals done, and we're just waiting for her UK police check to come back and then we will lodge her application.

What happens if we were to get married before the 2 year temp part of the visa is up? Does it make any difference? Do we have to apply for a different visa, or can we just leave it, and wait for the 2 years to be up and the grant of the permanent visa?

We're hoping to get married next year (which we've put in the application), but until we've decided whether it'll be here or in UK we're not going to set a date.
You could reapply, pay the fee all over again, and if you then fall into the category of three years without kids/two years with (regardless of married or not) then you would get PR straight away. Otherwise it makes no difference, just keep going on the original temp spouse visa.
The only difference being married makes really is that it means the temp spouse bit can be granted without needing 12 months cohabitation.
Old Jul 14th 2011, 11:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

xzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Pollyana
You could reapply, pay the fee all over again, and if you then fall into the category of three years without kids/two years with (regardless of married or not) then you would get PR straight away. Otherwise it makes no difference, just keep going on the original temp spouse visa.
The only difference being married makes really is that it means the temp spouse bit can be granted without needing 12 months cohabitation.
Many thanks. Will keep progessing as normal then. Just wanted to check that getting married wouldn't mean a different visa all together.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.