Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Spouse Visa Circle continued - Dec 2010 - 2011

Spouse Visa Circle continued - Dec 2010 - 2011

Old May 24th 2011, 11:27 pm
Forum Regular

savageb is a name known to allsavageb is a name known to allsavageb is a name known to allsavageb is a name known to allsavageb is a name known to allsavageb is a name known to allsavageb is a name known to allsavageb is a name known to allsavageb is a name known to allsavageb is a name known to allsavageb is a name known to all
Default Re: Spouse Visa Circle continued - Dec 2010 onwards

Originally Posted by rishadsky
Hi...Can anyone please tell me how to check medical status for spouse visa application (100 subclass) ? I am a permanent resident of Australia & now in Australia

It was paper based. My wife completed medical on 8th of May 2011 as Co requested. But after that we did not get any email from CO/visa officer.

So I am wondering is there any way to check medical status? (My wife is from south asia.)
You would have to followup with your case officer to confirm that they have received the medical in good order from the doctor's office. I'd give it some more time before following up though, as it's been only just 2 weeks since the medical was completed.
Old May 24th 2011, 11:46 pm
Forum Regular

Kamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by rishadsky
Hi...Can anyone please tell me how to check medical status for spouse visa application (100 subclass) ? I am a permanent resident of Australia & now in Australia

It was paper based. My wife completed medical on 8th of May 2011 as Co requested. But after that we did not get any email from CO/visa officer.

So I am wondering is there any way to check medical status? (My wife is from south asia.)
The only way would be to call or e-mail your CO and ask.
Old May 25th 2011, 6:34 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kamie26
The only way would be to call or e-mail your CO and ask.
And they, in all probability, won't tell you.
Old May 25th 2011, 2:23 pm
Priority Paul

Dear All,

Hot off the press timeline for all you hopefuls,

Handed my application in on the 21st of december, C/O allocated on the 6th of jan. Application wasn't front loaded so got that all in by 25th jan, confirmed all received by the 2nd feb.

Subclass 100 visa granted today (25/05/2011) almost exactly five months after the visa was lodged.

Apart from the email confirming that my C/O had received my application/medicals the first correspondence I received was my granted visa.

My advice to all those applying is, read all the application information carefully, take the time to put the application together properly and most of all try not to worry.

There's no point in worrying about all the potential little issues and if its handed in, its handed in. Nothing you can change and you C/O will soon let you know if more information is needed.

Relax and deal with the problems if and when they happen.

The impression I get with regards to communication is that no news is good news but if you havent heard anything after five months then get in touch.

Good luck to all you hopefuls, I sincerely hope you find your place in the sun.

Paul

Old May 25th 2011, 3:22 pm
Forum Regular

Julianne will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Priority Paul
Dear All,

Hot off the press timeline for all you hopefuls,

Handed my application in on the 21st of december, C/O allocated on the 6th of jan. Application wasn't front loaded so got that all in by 25th jan, confirmed all received by the 2nd feb.

Subclass 100 visa granted today (25/05/2011) almost exactly five months after the visa was lodged.

Apart from the email confirming that my C/O had received my application/medicals the first correspondence I received was my granted visa.

My advice to all those applying is, read all the application information carefully, take the time to put the application together properly and most of all try not to worry.

There's no point in worrying about all the potential little issues and if its handed in, its handed in. Nothing you can change and you C/O will soon let you know if more information is needed.

Relax and deal with the problems if and when they happen.

The impression I get with regards to communication is that no news is good news but if you havent heard anything after five months then get in touch.

Good luck to all you hopefuls, I sincerely hope you find your place in the sun.

Paul
Congratulations! Not too long now and our application will be good to go! Did you submit your application to the London office?
Old May 25th 2011, 3:34 pm
Forum Regular

Ravvers is on a distinguished road

Congrats Priority Paul. Hope your move over is smooth going.
Old May 25th 2011, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

njbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nice

Congratulations Paul, its good to hear its still about 5 months. Fingers crossed we will hear our outcome in a month. Good luck with your move.
Old May 25th 2011, 8:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud of

Yes great news Paul - congratulations
Old May 26th 2011, 10:04 am
Just Joined

footballjunky is an unknown quantity at this point

Please help, advice needed

I am about to finalise my application but I have just re-read the guidance booklet and saw this section:

When you lodge your application, you must provide:
• if you and your partner are married, a certified copy of the registry extract showing details of your marriage;

Note: The department does not consider the decorative marriage certificate to
be acceptable evidence of marriage. You will need to contact the relevant
registering authority in Australia or overseas to request a registry extract. A list
of Australian Registries of Births, Deaths and Marriages can be found on the
internet at www.bdm.nsw.gov.au

Does this mean the marriage certificate is not enough and I need to get an extract. my certificate is not decorative but now I am not sure that it will be sufficient.

Thanks
Old May 26th 2011, 10:11 am
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by footballjunky

I am about to finalise my application but I have just re-read the guidance booklet and saw this section:

• if you and your partner are married, a certified copy of the registry extract showing details of your marriage;

registering authority in Australia or overseas to request a registry extract. A list

Does this mean the marriage certificate is not enough and I need to get an extract. my certificate is not decorative but now I am not sure that it will be sufficient.

Thanks
I reckon the certificate that you have is the right one. In Australia as well as the boring old marriage cert you can opt to have a fancypants one with fancy scripty writing on a picture of a weddingy nature, that is the one that is not acceptable to DIAC as it's purely decorative and not a legal document.
Old May 26th 2011, 3:35 pm
Forum Regular

Has anybody used the Post Office certification servcie to have their documents checked in the UK?

http://www2.postoffice.co.uk/counter...ecking-service

Is this sutiable?
Old May 26th 2011, 4:20 pm
Forum Regular

Kamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Julianne
Has anybody used the Post Office certification servcie to have their documents checked in the UK?

Is this sutiable?
Unfortunately not, it has to be one of the people mentioned here http://www.uk.embassy.gov.au/lhlh/certification.html

I used a local solicitor who only charged me £20 for all the documents. Its worth ringing round as I had some stupid quote's before I found her.
Old May 26th 2011, 8:53 pm
Forum Regular

njbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nice

Originally Posted by footballjunky

Thanks
I only sent in a certified copy of our marriage certificate and I wasn't asked for anything else so I think that's all you'll need.
Old May 26th 2011, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Julianne

Is this sutiable?
If you can get an appointment with a Justice of the Peace its free of charge for them to certify documents. Beats a solicitor any day, not often you get something for nothing.
Old May 27th 2011, 8:14 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by njbrown
If you can get an appointment with a Justice of the Peace its free of charge for them to certify documents. Beats a solicitor any day, not often you get something for nothing.
I have a solicitor friend who can witness everything for me luckily. I thought if there were any last minute things I had fogotten it might be useful. However, I had my suspicions! Nothing seems to be easy! Thanks for your help

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.